• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

20 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Worth noting the officiating in game 5 was laughable. Hawks got fleeced by the refs big time. 

Horrendous.

They couldn't stand that Jeff Teague, of all people, was going to be the key to beating the mighty Bulls with the league MVP.

If we win Game 5, we win that series.

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

OOs first healthy offseason hes said since his rookie season he wants to be a 3point threat. He can finally focus on that instead of rehab.

No, he said he will come back with a jump shot. At least let him develop any semblance of a midrange shot.  PnP player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Each deal is it's own entity.  What we gave up to get him has no bearing on whether or not we "have" to re-sign him.  GM's that think like that don't stay GMs for long.

Be real KG. If we do not resign him this trade was colossal disaster. 

Honestly gotta give out boy Jake Fischer his credit where it's due.  He pretty much nailed it everytime and stuck to his guns on what we would get Murray at with Gallo and those 3 picks.  He has earned a bit more respect and credibility around here from me when he posts stuff going forward now.  Well done good sir we see you putting in that effort and work.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

From Chicago?

Lavine.

Give us Lavine and it's GAME OVER.

Lavine is a boss player but at this point, he would be almost redundant.  The Bulls wouldn't do it but I would instead take Nikola Vucevic.  

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That's a paralyzing way of thinking.  "I can't make this move unless I have the next move figured out."

Of course you have to be open to re-signing before acquiring him.  But you don't shy away from making the move because the subsequent deal isn't assured.

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

You say “get with the times” as if we don’t currently live the small ball, pace and space, DPS-era.

At least one of the 2 starting bigs on every roster can hit an outside shot. 

Majority of teams like to play 4 out and some even like 5 out.

There were times during the finals where GSW has all 5 players on or above the 3pt line.

You know your stuff, but you also let your opinion get you carried away sometimes.

Yes, in a vacuum, all teams would like 5 players that can play offense AND defense.

Yes, defense is important. But there is not 1 single team in the Association whose 4 and 5 both cannot shoot outside of the paint.

Even the Cavs who start 3x 7-footers, all but 1 of them can play on the perimeter.

Thats not opinion. Thats not being a casual. Thats the way the game is being played. You sir, need to get with the times. Not the other way around

Standing by for you to go completely off the rails in your reply.

Well stated.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope, Zach Klein was the first to make the call on Gallo with picks and not JC.

Zach needs his due. He was 2 days early but he nailed the trade. Which means he had the best insider connection.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Honestly gotta give out boy Jake Fischer his credit where it's due.  He pretty much nailed it everytime and stuck to his guns on what we would get Murray at with Gallo and those 3 picks.  He has earned a bit more respect and credibility around here from me when he posts stuff going forward now.  Well done good sir we see you putting in that effort and work.

Nope, as burd said, he copied off others' papers as usual.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Nope, Zach Klein was the first to make the call on Gallo with picks and not JC.

Maybe so but JC also backed him up on it as well instead of trying to say what was originally discussed of JC.  Klein might have got that info 1st but i honestly feel JC does have some connections as well it seems.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

Maybe so but JC also backed him up on it as well instead of trying to say what was originally discussed of JC.  Klein might have got that info 1st but i honestly feel JC does have some connections as well it seems.

JC?

Fischer also came back and said JC was back in the deal this morning.

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae and Dejounte have the same agent.  If anything the Hawks have leverage with the fact that Young and Murray wanted to play together and have the same agent.  But you are getting waay ahead of this.  The Hawks have Murray for two years and they can do a lot to convince both him and Trae that championships can be had in the Atl.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Another aspect of this trade to consider. We basically have to resign Murray because of how much we gave up. Meaning, we wont have much leverage in negotiations. If he plays at his current level he will get top dollar regardless. But what if Murray's play falls off? Hawks will be in a tough spot.

Why are you such a party pooper?  You were saying we weren't going to get him.  Now you're talking about if he doesn't resign with the team. Live in the moment bleachy.  Tomorrow, the sun could explode and we all won't have any worries anymore.

Just enjoy this man. You don't know how to be happy do you?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

JC?

meant JF not JC used to typing jc for Collins my bad XD   But im not taking anything away from Klein at all he was 1st by a few days no doubt.  All im doing is giving fischer atleast some credit for being in the loop is all.  Not all the credit was it fischer who said we were in on a murray trade before anyone else i can't remember?  Or did someone else report that 1st that we were in talks with them.