• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

i will admit freely i wanted steven adams over capella 

I did as well.  Adams honestly isn't as good and has a ton of limitations but I just love the guys attitude and approach

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

To generalize it, you only trade him if the other team wants him.  That wouldn't necessarily be the case.

Wot?

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm still skeptical we trade for Simmons at all given the red flags on Simmons and the potential fit concerns (the spacing/shooting is obvious but behond that 3 alpha playmakers doesn't seem like a recipe for success when only one can have the ball in their hand at any given time).

All fair concerns.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Man this is just gold… good old windy losing it LOL

Windy is on to something here. The Jazz are shedding a ton of salary right now. BOLO for them to insert themselves in to the madness.

I imagine they can become a landing spot for a contract in a multi-team trade to get KD to PHO. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But always remember, you don't become great without being a 'try-hard'.

Are you sure every all-time great was really a try-hard?  Joey's dad disagrees:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

hawks don't need ben to be a 30 10 10 guy they just need him to be a 10 5 10 guy 

Be our Draymond.

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

That's great, but not for that amount of dough

Hefty price but a hefty impact too, if it goes well.

12 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

hawks don't need ben to be a 30 10 10 guy they just need him to be a 10 5 10 guy 

Yep.

9 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

That's great, but not for that amount of dough

You seem to forget, on the other side of that coin is also a Defensive Player Of The Year candidate too.

• Premium Member

I think everyone is pretty aligned on Simmons.  Our defense would go from trash to elite if we added him as well.  Spacing would suck unless more changes are made to the roster... If Schlenk goes for Simmons, I am sure he will have more moves to round out a cohesive roster.  It feels a little risky to me right now as I think we have a really nice squad ready to show us something

• Like 4

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bol bol signed by ORL.  'Member when I told yall he'd be outta the league by now but the rest of yall said he was 'great'??

I'm thinking I'm more 'right' on that'n. 

I think people thought he had big upside - not that he was ready to dominate.  That potential is why he is still in the league.  But anyone who thought he would rapidly become relevant has clearly been wrong.  

Will be interested to see if they give him minutes or not because he hasn't had many.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I think everyone is pretty aligned on Simmons.  Our defense would go from trash to elite if we added him as well.  Spacing would suck unless more changes are made to the roster... If Schlenk goes for Simmons, I am sure he will have more moves to round out a cohesive roster.  It feels a little risky to me right now as I think we have a really nice squad ready to show us something

murray hunter oo and simmons how do you even score on that?