• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Defensive heaven. 

bishop-bonsu.gif

This team would be a first round exit...lol

I'd rather keep Capela. 

I'm also confused how you are saying Atlanta can get two first rounders.  Seems like they would trade the pick and only have 4. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

Just now, marco102 said:

This team would be a first round exit...lol

I'd rather keep Capela and our Bogi. 

I'm also confused how you are saying Atlanta can get two first rounders.  Seems like they would trade the pick and only have 4. 

Hell no! That squad is f***ing insane. Top tier defense and everyone can play off the ball outside of Hunter and Trae. This also raises our floor massively. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Right now i'm super happy that most rumors don't come true.   I mean is there a Garrett Temple III that i'm not aware of?   Or are we talking about 36 year old Garrett Temple as an upgrade to the bench?

out: JC, Kev, Gallo, Capela  in: Bojan, Temple, Gobert, Ivey.   If i got that right i say No way unless someone convinces me that Ivey is prime Paul George or something.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Defensive heaven. 

bishop-bonsu.gif

yes... okay... fair enough...

But... the exchange also yields more of this...

... settling...

... as you take away the only real lob partners he's ever known in the NBA.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Hell no! That squad is f***ing insane. Top tier defense and everyone can play off the ball outside of Hunter and Trae. This also raises our floor massively. 

I'm throughly confused after listening. 

Are you saying the Phx suns are bringing Ayton back and trying to ship out Cam Johnson? I just think that's a smoke screen to raise the asking price in negotiations for Ayton. 

Can you write the trades out because following along listening I got confused.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

AJ Griffin

This is the dude. I thought the same about Saddiq Bey a couple years ago coming out. Him and Keegan if we get high enough for me. Again though we can’t go the rook route, we are on another trajectory right now, or should be with Trae. He’s a top 10 player in the league.

Just now, marco102 said:

:rofl:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is the dude. I thought the same about Saddiq Bey a couple years ago coming out. Him and Keegan if we get high enough for me. Again though we can’t go the rook route, we are on another trajectory right now, or should be with Trae. He’s a top 10 player in the league.

:rofl:

I think if we can pull of a heist like Huerter for #8 and filler you have to do it. There are multiple prospects in this draft that could surpass him by year two, and we don't need them to be immediate starters if Bogi's knees can be managed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Are you saying the Phx suns are bringing Ayton back and trying to ship out Cam Johnson? I just think that's a smoke screen to raise the asking price in negotiations for Ayton. 

Can you write the trades out because following along listening I got confused.

No. I didn't say nothing about Ayton. As far as I know, he's going to be available for a SnT. I can just confirm that Cam Johnson was offered to NO for 8. That's all I can confirm.

What I said was don't put your eggs in one basket, Brook Lopez 101.

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I think if we can pull of a heist like Huerter for #8 and filler you have to do it. There are multiple prospects in this draft that could surpass him by year two, and we don't need them to be immediate starters if Bogi's knees can be managed.

Teams like Kevin a lot more than I feel the message board does. Even the organization loves Kevin and his beautiful contract 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

That would be a really nice starting 5.  Gobert/OO front court defense would be so good that our floor would be like #6 seed.  I don't know much about Ivey though so that piece is a question mark for me.  I would be very happy if that's the 5 we ended up with.  Gobert will be a 20 ppg player alongside Trae.  He will help open up our offense as he is the best screener in the NBA.  His defensive prowess playing alongside other good defenders will be like a multiplier for our defense.  He's been playing with minus defenders his entire career.  I hope we can retain Wright as well though as I love him off the bench.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:
3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Teams like Kevin a lot more than I feel the message board does. Even the organization loves Kevin and his beautiful contract

Kev is a turnstile on defense and we cannot have that next to Trae.  We really need a SG that is a plus defender

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Mannnnnnn . . . I thought it was going to be something new.

Tomato Pawer GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Haha, happens every Supesday.

And sorry @NBASupes but I cain't get excited about yet another team who can only score by being spoonfed by the smallest guy on the court.  Como se dice, MIA gameplan all over again?

ETA: And, I don't care what nobody says, OO is not a 4.  He just isn't.

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

If that Huerter deal is really on the table, Schlenk better stop there. Jaden Ivey is not worth #8 and JC. Much better off taking Daniels if he's still there or AJ Griffin then take a SG at #16 since we'd still have it.

Exactly what I was thinking. No way is Ivey worth #8 and JC. That is a massive overpay in my opinion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ps I like the way you shovin that protein! 

Ummmm….pause?

• Haha 2