• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

This is just my own conjecture (and wishful thinking) but I think Sac ends up dealing #4 to New York for Randle and a bunch of picks. Ivey is the clear #4 prospect in this draft and he doesn't want to play for the Kings. Which neccesitates them moving the pick for the best haul possible. I think Collins name is being thrown in to boost value in the pick. Ivey is not projected to be a great defender or complementary offball player, which is what Atlanta needs. Ivey however could be the lead guard New York needs, which is who I think will be making a move for him. Daniels is most likely our target, and I don't think Collins will need to be moved to make it happen if Daniels lasts till #7 or #8.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Blazers: They have made progress with Atlanta with 7/Hart for JC deal. Atlanta isn't interested in adding 16. Portland and Toronto seemed to have cooled down in terms of trade talks. If Portland moves up, Sharpe is expected to be the target. For Atlanta, Dyson Daniels. This deal seems to be secondary for Atlanta. 

Why? 

Pelicans: NO is officially shopping 8. They are targeting shooting. Teams have made offers but a team that NO almost traded a 1st and Hart to is Kevin Huerter. This deal was almost completed till C.J. McCollum deal appeared to be a better value for New Orleans. 

Kevin is back on their list and they have had advance talks about a trade that will send Graham/Temple/8 for Red Velvet. 

If this happens, this will give Atlanta a top 10 pick. 

Which goes into the biggest play of all: JADEN IVEY and Sacramento

Kings: Kings want a lot of value for 4 but John Collins is their target for a vet but Atlanta 16 pick is too far from their range they want to be in which is 5-9 range. 

With the Kevin deal, Atlanta has 8th overall. The talk is JC/8 for Ivey/Barnes

WOW! WoW! 

That's not the biggest news thought, well yeah it is but check!

Jazz: Gobert is really on the market but Utah want to be well compensated. The issue is, Atlanta offer of Capela/Kevin/16 isn't enough to Utah. But Capela/Barnes/Graham/16/CHA 23' for Gobert/Bogey should appeal. That's something that could happen. No telling that Utah says yes to that but Atlanta has a tremendous offer of players and picks. 

Wizards: Have had advanced talk for Conley. They are offering KCP/Rui for Conley and Utah is very receptive. Washington wants a stud for 10 but that might be too far and they don't have a young stud that will appeal for SAC. Washington does not mind staying at 10. They are aggressively seeking ways to improve and get good fits around Beal. WAS doesn't like the cost for Brogdon. 

Atlanta could end up with a core of Trae/Ivey/Hunter/Okongwu/Gobert

In summary.  After all trades are made.

Atlanta sends out: JC, Huerter, Capela, #16, CH23'

Atlanta receives: #4, Gobert, Bojan Bogdanovic, Josh Hart

If so, I like this deal.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

This is just my own conjecture (and wishful thinking) but I think Sac ends up dealing #4 to New York for Randle and a bunch of picks. Ivey is the clear #4 prospect in this draft and he doesn't want to play for the Kings. Which neccesitates them moving the pick for the best haul possible. I think Collins name is being thrown in to boost value in the pick. Ivey is not projected to be a great defender or complementary offball player, which is what Atlanta needs. Ivey however could be the lead guard New York needs, which is who I think will be making a move for him. Daniels is most likely our target, and I don't think Collins will need to be moved to make it happen if Daniels lasts till #7 or #8.

I don't think Ivey is a lead guard and should be an off ball guard.  His playmaking isn't up to par to be a lead guard.  It's good, but good for a combo guard and not lead, if that makes sense.

Ivey will be a downhill shooting guard.. His assist rate is drastically lower than Trae in college. He shouldn't be required to be a facilitator but rather an attack weapon in the offensive backcourt.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jaden-ivey-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/trae-young-1.html

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't think Ivey is a lead guard and should be an off ball guard.  His playmaking isn't up to par to be a lead guard.  It's good, but good for a combo guard and not lead, if that makes sense.

It definitely makes sense, you're right that his playmaking is underwhelming compared to the rest of his game. But I do think whatever team drafts him is best served playing him at point and developing those skills. Even if he never becomes an above average passer, I still think combo guards are better playing point and having another facillitator in the lineup.

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

You don’t need to ask that when Bagley was taken over Doncic. The NBA media and front offices get it wrong almost as much as right.

The thing is, all the warning signs were there for Bagley, and they were ignored.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't know much about Ivey but if everyone is so sure this kid is a star, why is he going 4th and not 2nd or 3rd?

I can answer that. He doesn't shoot great and he's not a good defender. He is a one trick attack dog on offense where yes, he does have an explosive first step and will attack the rim like a pit bull on a poodle. He's a decent passer but not a good one. He is not a good defender. He is not a good shooter.

I'll support any Hawk we get but I'm not sold on Ivey at all. I think he is overrated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member

I'm torn, but if we pull the trigger on that...I won't be mad.  Torn, but not upset.  We are simply back at the dichotomy of tank/anti-tank.  Not in terms of how to build the whole team, but rather the method of acquiring the top tier talent necessary to contend (not just compete). At the end of the day, the difference makers are found in the lottery.  This is a war that I've fought for the better part of 20+ years.  It's a star driven league and NOBODY is going to just hand over their established franchise player.  It'll cost you a star or player(s)/pick(s) with star POTENTIAL.

I'd rather not trade JC, but ultimately I'm not against moving productive talent to get into the high lottery.  Especially if all other avenues to acquire a star dry up.  We are still a decent team after moving the parts and we still have a lot of young talent to sort out - particularly JJ who could very well step into where we lose JC.

(Side note, I *despise* the concept of "tanking" and not in the slightest interested in "rebuilding" right now...but I don't think the moves as proposed sets us back in the win column.)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can answer that. He doesn't shoot great and he's not a good defender. He is a one trick attack dog on offense where yes, he does have an explosive first step and will attack the rim like a pit bull on a poodle. He's a decent passer but not a good one. He is not a good defender. He is not a good shooter.

I'll support any Hawk we get but I'm not sold on Ivey at all. I think he is overrated. 

This sounds like your Trae analysis.  He is a good shooter and he is a good defender.

He is just not great at either one right now.

I don’t know how to pull receipts, but I feel pretty confident I was one of, if not the, first on here to call for Ivey in this draft. Said he’s really the only player I’d be interested in this year. I’d pour one out for the homies we lost, but I’d be psyched to get him here. 

If we get Ivey, and the completely unexpected happens & we trade for Zion like I called in the other thread y’all gonna have to call me Mandry Shields. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This sounds like your Trae analysis.  He is a good shooter and he is a good defender.

He is just not great at either one right now.

To be fair, I said Trae was very good at passing. My concerns were with his size and his drop off in play and shooting % once he started playing better teams. He also was the worst defender I've ever seen in college. I was wrong about some things, right about others.

If we get Ivey I'll support him. But I'm not going to hide my feelings on him. I've said before I thought he was overrated and I'm not backing down from that.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

To be fair, I said Trae was very good at passing. My concerns were with his size and his drop off in play and shooting % once he started playing better teams. He also was the worst defender I've ever seen in college. I was wrong about some things, right about others.

If we get Ivey I'll support him. But I'm not going to hide my feelings on him. I've said before I thought he was overrated and I'm not backing down from that.  

Thats fair. I just see a star if you place him next to Trae.  I like Dyson Daniels too.

• Like 1