• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, sturt said:

We disagree. That is, if you're suggesting Kevin would not have benefited the team in that role.

If, otoh, you're suggesting we did a good thing for Kevin's career... perhaps. But I don't think Kevin preferred to leave, and as long as he was wanting to be here, I can't imagine the team benefits from him not filling whatever role McM would have given to him.

100%.  And let's be honest, if Kevin can't thrive as a wing scorer off the bench then that's a big problem for him unless he improves a lot on both ends.   

2 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

Huerter was going to be relegated to a bench role, either 7th or 8th off the bench (meaning 2nd or 3rd to come off the bench). That role was not suited for Kevin and we sent him to a better situation for him and got a 1st round pick back for him. The production he would have given in that role is easily replaceable.

Agree.  Further it will be so much easier to deal a 1st round pick than Huerter.  We have a better asset for our situation.  

• Like 1

Huerter shagged balls 🏀 well in practice and his teammates loved him.- ⛺️ ster

Nah but I liked Kev, he was a WE guy and that’s more than 80% of the battle. I guess I would have liked to see him be a bit more aggressive but perhaps he didn’t attempt it as to not be a detriment to the team. His fade-aways from 15 on post ups will be missed by Nique and us.

I think he does well in Sacramento and I’m wishing the best for him. I’m probably gonna try and get to Arco.. 😴 🚂 .. out to Sac for a few games to see him and holla.

K’von rocked it for us and had all us jumping out our chairs in the Philly series. 🔥 I think as a Hawks fan that might have been one of my fav playoff series wins of all time. Beating the Heat up in 2009 was pretty satisfying as well. Thuggerers.. :er:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Huerter shagged balls 🏀 well in practice and his teammates loved him.- ⛺️ ster

Nah but I liked Kev, he was a WE guy and that’s more than 80% of the battle. I guess I would have liked to see him be a bit more aggressive but perhaps he didn’t attempt it as to not be a detriment to the team. His fade-aways from 15 on post ups will be missed by Nique and us.

I think he does well in Sacramento and I’m wishing the best for him. I’m probably gonna try and get to Arco.. 😴🚂 .. out to Sac for a few games to see him and holla.

K’von rocked it for us and had all us jumping out our chairs in the Philly series. 🔥 I think as a Hawks fan that might have been one of my fav playoff series wins of all time. Beating the Heat up in 2009 was pretty satisfying as well. Thuggerers.. :er:

Squawkers ever meet up? I was also planning on seeing our boy many times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akay said:

Squawkers ever meet up? I was also planning on seeing our boy many times.

I think a few have in the past. I’m down. Let’s wait till the schedule release and try and pick a couple. I wouldn’t mind if it was agains the Warriors, I got some things I wanna say. Don’t worry we won’t get arrested or anything it’ll be fun! 😃 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

100%.  And let's be honest, if Kevin can't thrive as a wing scorer off the bench then that's a big problem for him unless he improves a lot on both ends.   

He is a strange one with his splits.  A pretty strong .556% ts% as a starter but a dreadful .495% ts% off the bench.  Random coincidence or is there a reason for that?  .495% is unplayable for a guy who is first and foremost a perimeter sniper.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He is a strange one with his splits.  A pretty strong .556% ts% as a starter but a dreadful .495% ts% off the bench.  Random coincidence or is there a reason for that?  .495% is unplayable for a guy who is first and foremost a perimeter sniper.

You and @benhillboy go to the same parties huh? :dance2:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sturt said:

We disagree. That is, if you're suggesting Kevin would not have benefited the team in that role.

If, otoh, you're suggesting we did a good thing for Kevin's career... perhaps. But I don't think Kevin preferred to leave, and as long as he was wanting to be here, I can't imagine the team benefits from him not filling whatever role McM would have given to him.

I look at it as a good thing for Kevin. His production in his new role would have dropped from last season as his minutes played would have dropped as well. I am not saying that a player of Kevin's caliber is easy to replace, but the production that he would have provided this season is easily replicable. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I look at it as a good thing for Kevin. His production in his new role would have dropped from last season as his minutes played would have dropped as well. I am not saying that a player of Kevin's caliber is easy to replace, but the production that he would have provided this season is easily replicable. 

Both him and Bogi logged 29.6 and 29.3 minutes respectively last season.  If the premise is he would be the 6th man like Bogi is slotted to be this season - his minutes would be about the same.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You and @benhillboy go to the same parties huh? :dance2:

Why do you think Huerter was starting over Bogi?  It wasn’t because he was so good off the bench that he earned it.  It was because he stunk off the bench and that is the same pattern from prior seasons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Not strange at all.  Huerter was dependent on Trae for open looks.  I think it means Bogdanovic has more game than Huerter.  When Bogi was healthy last year he was the top scoring bench player in the league. 

It's a lot to invest in Huerter if he's not starting and dependent on others for offense.  The moment we committed to Murray, Huerter was expendable.  We needed to allocate future payroll to others, and at least Bogdanovic contract is shorter and will be easier to trade after this year.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Not strange at all.  Huerter was dependent on Trae for open looks.  I think it means Bogdanovic has more game than Huerter.  When Bogi was healthy last year he was the top scoring bench player in the league. 

It's a lot to invest in Huerter if he's not starting and dependent on others for offense.  The moment we committed to Murray, Huerter was expendable.  We needed to allocate future payroll to others, and at least Bogdanovic contract is shorter and will be easier to trade after this year.  

Strange because Bogi was better off the bench than starting.  Lol

Your explanation tracks but it is a huge gap in %.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

While we are in the middle of the Bogi/Kevin thing again..I remember @Sothronsaying Bogi would be gone because he wants to start. Has he changed his mind with the trade for Murray?

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, AHF said:

He probably still wants to start but this removes the situation where he thinks he is significantly better than the starter (Kevin).  The fact that he can pair nicely with both Trae and Murray should make for some good Bogi lineups.  Hope he is very excited about how good this backcourt could be.

I feel the exact same way, hopefully Bogi does too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Both him and Bogi logged 29.6 and 29.3 minutes respectively last season.  If the premise is he would be the 6th man like Bogi is slotted to be this season - his minutes would be about the same.

They both can't be 6th man and I don't see how we have enough minutes to have kept K'Von playing 30 minutes a game. The second person off the bench last year was Gallo and he only played 25.3 minutes a game in the front court.

The guard who had the second most minutes off the bench was Delon with 18.9 minutes. 

With DM coming and taking the 30 minutes Kevin had last year, it was going to be hard to keep him anywhere close to that while coming off of the bench. We all know Kevin Huerter coming off the bench was not a recipe for success, he needs to start and we just don't have that opportunity for him anymore. 

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Two things have happened since then: 

Hawks traded for an All Star so Bogi can't believe he's better than the guy starting over him

Bogi had another operation on his knee. He knows his best chance of minutes and staying healthy is to be a sixth man off the bench.

I'll add a third that isn't so maybe nice but it is still true: Bogi is seen as damaged goods around the NBA with fears he has a degenerative knee condition. His contract would be seen as a negative to trade for at this point. So Bogi frankly has no choice but to embrace a sixth man role and potentially do so well again at it that a team will take a chacne to trade for him to let him start.

Makes complete sense. I would have rather kept huerter strictly due to age and health over Bogi but Bogi is better suited to actually be a true sixth man. Hope bogi can stay healthy this season. He tends to get hurt in the first half of the season then have healthy second half seasons since he’s been a hawk anyways.

Moving on @Sothron….while I have your attention. I’m looking at the rumors that the heat may actually move forward with pursuing Durant from the Nets and of course Bam would be included in such a deal but I recall it was stated Bam and Simmons not being able to be on the same team due to one of the CBA rules with their contract extensions. This isn’t new info that hasn’t been discussed here but perhaps the 3rd teams who’d be involved to take on Simmons is new. Suns I’d imagine are no longer in picture since resigning Ayton and Jazz look like they’ve bought into Ainges full tank mode.

Im just curious at this point if the hawks are still one of the teams in a deal being discussed with nets and heat ? And if not who are the other teams ?

• Thanks 2