• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, TRW said:

I will forever be a fan of Kevin Huerter but we had to be realistic. We couldn't keep him and Bogi after the trade for Dejounte Murray. We can't be paying the 4th guard in our rotation over 15 million a year. Although it hurts, I believe trading Red Velvet for Holiday, Harkless, and a protected 1st just made too much financial sense. I also believe a healthy Bogi is an extraordinary offensive player, an upgrade over Red Velvet and decent defensive player. 

That i agree with.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is what I don't think most people are getting. Ressler does NOT want to play the LT. He has NEVER paid the LT. Keeping Kevin was better for the team for a variety of reasons except the one that matters the most: money. 

With him gone and Holliday and Harkless coming off the cap next season if they aren't traded before then (I believe Harkless will be moved to get out of the LT) it means they can use the money Keven was making to resign Hunter if Hunter can agree to a reasonable deal.

As Brad Rowland on Locked on Hawks has said more than once fans shouldn't be happy or okay with ownership trading valuable players away just to avoid the tax. They know they will be paying the LT soon with Murray's new deal when that happens plus the money Hunter will be making if he's still on the team. Every year they can avoid being a luxury tax player is money that Ressler get to pocket AND it helps on the repeat LT payer status.

When we sold our second round pick to move down plus selling that guy we got from the Spurs this was literally about putting money in Ressler's pockets. It had zippity do dah on actually helping the team.

I agree with Rowland. The decisions to trade Huerter and trade down several spots in the 2nd Round were strictly about $$$. I'm struggling to understand how either of those decisions made the Hawks better as far as personnel is concerned. It's Ressler's team and money, so he can do as he pleases but you'll have a hard time convincing me those decisions were in any way "basketball" related.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I'm not going to ding the owner for saving money where it's not actually going to cost us any wins. Rich people tend to be more rich if they're the types who look both to how they can make money and how they can save money.

So, #51 instead of #44? I mean, how likely is it that there was unanimity on a single prospect at #44 anyhow? It would surprise me to learn that they had any less than 5 players at #44 that they liked and had scored basically the same.

Jock Landale? Seems reasonable to think they had Kaminsky in their sites anyhow... who was more expensive anyhow. The $ they got back from the Suns, per what was said in The Athletic was $100k.

But Huerter? That's one that, I think by most assessments, has to be likely to cost us some wins. We'll almost certainly never know for certain, but it's difficult to make a cogent argument that we win that trade as far as 22-23's results are concerned.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks inquired about Donovan Mitchell 

Shams frames it as the Nets wanting more picks and a few more players.

The Mitchell part seems like old news or do you have info it was more recent?

Doesn't make sense to add Mitchell with Murray.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Shams frames it as the Nets wanting more picks and a few more players.

The Mitchell part seems like old news or do you have info it was more recent?

I don't have any news on this, just stating what the athletic reported this morning 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks inquired about Donovan Mitchell 

I am so confused why the hawks would want Mitchell after getting Murray. 

I hope they don’t think Murray can play the 3 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

I am so confused why the hawks would want Mitchell after getting Murray. 

I hope they don’t think Murray can play the 3 🤦🏾‍♂️

No I think the article is a rat 🐀 trap. They threw our names in there for the fck of it.

No way we double up with Mitch.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

This.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Mitchell? We need a wing or a big if anything. 

Yeah I get having multiple ball handlers but can you imagine how poorly the defense would be IF we had Trae, Mitchell, Murray starting or playing a ton of minutes together!… offensively we’d probably be top 5 but I’m thinking we are going to be top 5 with the way the roster is currently constructed offensively either way.

the ONLY way it would work is if McMillan and his staff started the game with those 3 only to pull one of them out early to play with bench unit mainly so really they’d be starting just to say they are starting. One of those 3 (and it probably wouldn’t be Trae) would have to play with bench way more than the starting unit….and look that’s ok if you have a great coaching staff.

something like this COULD work but McMillan and his staff aren’t offensively logically equipped enough to handle this much talent and distinguish minutes appropriately.

the warriors have 4 guys who can put it on the floor and score. That’s curry, poole, Wiggins, Klay….if I’m not mistaking we don’t see a lot of poole and curry on the court at the same time when their roster is fully healthy and there’s likely defensive reasons why. Kerr has great players but he’s truly a smart coach also. He knows how to put together effective lineups without killing the defense. IF we had kerr and we were trying to bring in Mitchell with Trae and Murray I’d be excited BUT with McMillan and this staff!….NO SIR! …..McMillan is a good coach but he has some major flaws in my opinion with minutes and his rotations.

• Like 1

I don’t think anyone understands if or why the hawks would check on Mitchell. No clue how it would work or who we would have to let go. Not saying I’m pushing for it. And it is very unlikely. But would be exciting😂 can’t lie. I doubt we change our roster at all before season tho. 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah I get having multiple ball handlers but can you imagine how poorly the defense would be IF we had Trae, Mitchell, Murray starting or playing a ton of minutes together!… offensively we’d probably be top 5 but I’m thinking we are going to be top 5 with the way the roster is currently constructed offensively either way.

the ONLY way it would work is if McMillan and his staff started the game with those 3 only to pull one of them out early to play with bench unit mainly so really they’d be starting just to say they are starting. One of those 3 (and it probably wouldn’t be Trae) would have to play with bench way more than the starting unit….and look that’s ok if you have a great coaching staff.

something like this COULD work but McMillan and his staff aren’t offensively logically equipped enough to handle this much talent and distinguish minutes appropriately.

the warriors have 4 guys who can put it on the floor and score. That’s curry, poole, Wiggins, Klay….if I’m not mistaking we don’t see a lot of poole and curry on the court at the same time when their roster is fully healthy and there’s likely defensive reasons why. Kerr has great players but he’s truly a smart coach also. He knows how to put together effective lineups without killing the defense. IF we had kerr and we were trying to bring in Mitchell with Trae and Murray I’d be excited BUT with McMillan and this staff!….NO SIR! …..McMillan is a good coach but he has some major flaws in my opinion with minutes and his rotations.

Danny ainge is desperate!

he’s using these other teams to put pressure on the Knicks to bite on his insane demands!

none of these teams listed including us has the picks to compete with any pick package the Knicks can deliver!

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Mitchell? We need a wing or a big if anything. 

1 hour ago, JTB said:

I'd rather trade for Collin Sexton for a bench role at this point than roll those three out as starters.  

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3