• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Post-Moratorium Insider Rumor Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

Rockets re-sign Bruno Fernando

via NBA.com

The Rockets on Tuesday signed center Bruno Fernando after he showed promise as a high-energy player in limited playing time after he was acquired from the Celtics at the trade deadline. Fernando signed an exhibit 10 training camp contract, giving the Rockets 20 players under contract, the most allowed heading into camp. He is eligible for a two-way contract and the Rockets have one of those two spots open.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

via NBA.com

The Rockets on Tuesday signed center Bruno Fernando after he showed promise as a high-energy player in limited playing time after he was acquired from the Celtics at the trade deadline. Fernando signed an exhibit 10 training camp contract, giving the Rockets 20 players under contract, the most allowed heading into camp. He is eligible for a two-way contract and the Rockets have one of those two spots open.

I was kind of hoping we'd sign him

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

via NBA.com

He's just a guy at this point, folks.  Pure JAG.  Probably 6 dudes in the 2nd round that're better than him rn.

Problem is, based on our track record, we'll never be able to identify any of em.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

It's going to be a long offseason of this dominating the headline with nothing really to report!

The Brooklyn Nets continue to appear to be in no rush to trade Kevin Durant, but his trade request remains unchanged.

"The timeline for a possible deal remains wide open," said Adrian Wojnarowski.

"Well, certainly he has not backed off that trade request he made going on four weeks now. Certainly, Brooklyn has continued to try to find trades for Durant.

"In a perfect world, the Nets would love to keep Kevin Durant and pair him with Kyrie Irving and see what it all looks like with Ben Simmons next season. But, Kevin Durant, that trade request remains in place and the Nets have tried to find a deal for him. But they want to do the deal they want to do."

Wojnarowski added that no Durant deal is imminent at this time.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/ESPN

Meanwhile the rest of the remaining FAs are in limbo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Admin
On 7/25/2022 at 2:40 PM, Spud2nique said:

Hey cap 🧢 I forgot to tag 🏷 you but that response from a dude on fb, was that you? 

I thought of you and the tiny tunes backcourts. :laugh1:

Tatu and Devito? :laugh1: 

image.gif.6609deb15046e0c274fc25ea8e85bcad.gif

D8C1AEA8-F63C-4FB4-BF37-CB0BBE466847.jpeg

That’s funny but not me

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

via NBA.com

As far as I've ever noticed anyhow, E10 guys rarely end up playing for the team that they contracted with.

• Moderators
On 7/27/2022 at 12:15 AM, sturt said:

As far as I've ever noticed anyhow, E10 guys rarely end up playing for the team that they contracted with.

I think that is right.  Most likely end up somewhere other than the NBA to boot.

• Premium Member

Zion Williamson's max contract contains 'weight clause' where he'll lose money if not below 295 pounds

According to league sources, Zion Williamson’s contract stipulates that he will have weigh-ins periodically throughout the entirety of his new deal. The sum of his weight and body fat percentage must be below 295. If it is not, the amount of guaranteed money in Williamson’s contract can be reduced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Zion Williamson's max contract contains 'weight clause' where he'll lose money if not below 295 pounds

According to league sources, Zion Williamson’s contract stipulates that he will have weigh-ins periodically throughout the entirety of his new deal. The sum of his weight and body fat percentage must be below 295. If it is not, the amount of guaranteed money in Williamson’s contract can be reduced.

Reminds me of that time a buddy of mine played for the Raiders team that had Charles Woodson on it.

They had a game in Atlanta so we had a chance to hang out in the team hotel.  We were waiting for their team meeting to let out.  Well, first, we saw Charles Woodson walk out .. alone ... and went out the front hotel entrance.  No hesitation.  Then everybody else came out a few minutes later.

We asked our buddy what they said in the team meeting and why had Woodson come out so much earlier.  He said coach told us all to go back to our rooms and that anybody who went out would get fined and wouldn't play.

*gasp*  Does that mean Woodson's not playing?  And why did he come out so much earlier?

"Oh, that's just Charles.  He stood up, wrote the check for the fine, and told the coaches he'd see them when the game starts."

Long story long, Zion probably don't ever expect to see that contract difference anyways. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

More hot 🥵 BS.. from Lowe this time. How low can you go Zach sheesh 🙄 

Heat Discussed John Collins Trade With Hawks

JUL 29, 2022 8:12 AM

Welcome

The Atlanta Hawks aggressively shopped John Collins this offseason and he was a linked to a number of teams including the Sacramento Kings and Portland Trail Blazers.

The Miami Heat, who have a need at power forward, may have also explored a trade for Collins. The Heat lost PJ Tucker in free agency to the Philadelphia 76ers.

"There has been some Miami, John Collins chatter," said Zach Lowe. "It's old. It might be months old. I don't think it was ever really serious at al. They might revisit that."

The Heat have appeared to be more focused on their attempts to trade for Kevin Durant or Donovan Mitchell this offseason.

Collins re-signed with the Hawks last offseason on a five-year, $125 million contract in restricted free agency. 

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

More hot 🥵 BS.. from Lowe this time. How low can you go Zach sheesh 🙄 

Heat Discussed John Collins Trade With Hawks

JUL 29, 2022 8:12 AM

Welcome

The Atlanta Hawks aggressively shopped John Collins this offseason and he was a linked to a number of teams including the Sacramento Kings and Portland Trail Blazers.

The Miami Heat, who have a need at power forward, may have also explored a trade for Collins. The Heat lost PJ Tucker in free agency to the Philadelphia 76ers.

"There has been some Miami, John Collins chatter," said Zach Lowe. "It's old. It might be months old. I don't think it was ever really serious at al. They might revisit that."

The Heat have appeared to be more focused on their attempts to trade for Kevin Durant or Donovan Mitchell this offseason.

Collins re-signed with the Hawks last offseason on a five-year, $125 million contract in restricted free agency. 

Thanks for posting the text because he don't deserve clicks for that admittedly stale, nonsensical report(sic).

My BIL told me yesterday, and I quote, "I heard we might be getting John Collins".  I rolled my eyes so hard they fell out.  I knew he was parroting some BSPN-ish nonsense and apparently I was right.

These dudes need to just go on hiatus.  There's no new news out there so stop trying to trick people.

He sound like the dude that didn't do the reading but had to speak first in class the next day.  Throwing in a bunch of big words to sound like he read.

"Oh see and maybe they'll get Collins but .... and such as they probably won't because whosoever read hawksquawk 4 months ago and whatnot so ..... yeah, it was good."

• Haha 2