• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My disappointments...

Diesel

• Premium Member

38 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Does he have more potential than AJ Griffin?

Think of Micic as having Dejounte-like size... and even has a track record of being among the Euroleague's best ball thieves, as does Dejounte here of course... and Trae-level offensive production, whether his own scoring or creating for others.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I haven't followed OKC so this may sound stupid but why would they want to trade Micic?

Since you're my sacred cow, I'll give a more expansive answer than good ol' stu.

The player expressed a desire to play for a competitive team if he ever came to the league.  As OKC is caught in a perpetual tank, it's assumed he'll get traded from OKC which is the team that currently holds his rights. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Since you're my sacred cow, I'll give a more expansive answer than good ol' stu.

The player expressed a desire to play for a competitive team if he ever came to the league.  As OKC is caught in a perpetual tank, it's assumed he'll get traded from OKC which is the team that currently holds his rights. 

What would be the cost?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Who knows?  Stu seems to have a plausible deal worked out.  Regale us, @sturt

Cost in trade? Probably more than I want to think, to be honest. But I'm counting on the idea that OKC realizes their asset has a depreciation factor the closer he gets to 30, and that they might take what they can get this time around.

Cost in salary? Like I said, he's making $3m in Europe. The most we can pay is the $6-ish million as taxpayer MLE. I'd think you might be able to get him something halfway.

I should add, though it also should be obvious.... this is so much more complicated than even an "ordinary" sign and trade kind of concept... really, too many hoops have to be successfully negotiated to have any serious anticipation it could get done.

But you know me, the eternal optimist... 😄

• Like 2