• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Did he say that?

If memory serves, it was that piece that Kirschner did where he'd interviewed Capela and Trae, talking about the disappointing season to-date... sometime before or after the ASG break, I think.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

If memory serves, it was that piece that Kirschner did where he'd interviewed Capela and Trae, talking about the disappointing season to-date... sometime before or after the ASG break, I think.

I know what you're referring to, but it takes a little interpretation.

I forget the question asked, but what Trae was saying was the rough start was probably due to motivation of coming off the highs of the playoffs.

People took that quote to make it seem like he was bored and that's not what he was meaning. Trae's not the best speaker as is. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You say that as if our defense had nothing to do  with their misses. 

Yeah on some. No on others. If you say we're going to hold teams to 25% shooting then we have no problem. But I doubt you'll say that.

You also said the other day that we'd shoot 45% or whatever from the preseason. Doubt that happens as well.

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae will be fine as usual.  There's really no one else to rely on until bogi comes back unless Nate plays AJ. 

JC doesn't take enough. Same with Dre. 

Look at the career percentages of the other guys and you'll see they're above league average.  

As long as Trae and Dejounte are getting them open looks, they'll be well above league average. 

Three point shooting shouldn't be a concern as long as your team is scoring efficiently.  

Again, they put up 117 points on 7 threes.  It's all about scoring.  There's no one on the team that you can just leave wide open and that will give the spacing required to run the offense which is what I believe you are concerned with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I forget the question asked, but what Trae was saying was the rough start was probably due to motivation of coming off the highs of the playoffs.

People took that quote to make it seem like he was bored and that's not what he was meaning. Trae's not the best speaker as is. 

It was like when LeBron said the "not 4, not 5, not 6" remark and people tried to hold him to that. It's just an off the cuff remark. They arent professional public speakers or anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The other guys were 6/16 which is 37.5% which is respectable...You always kill me when the team's poor shooting is cause by Trae but the other players bare the responsibility for Trae's bad shooting.

Trae will end the year around 40% so there's no reason to be concerned about him. If the rest of the team is also in the 37-40% range then fine. No worries.

I'm just skeptical.

At some point if they aren't hitting their outside shots teams will cheat off them and clog the interior which will make being efficient in the mid range mire difficult. That's when the problems happen.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You'd have to dig out the quote for me to take that interpretation, but where we agree is that Trae had to have wished he hadn't said it no matter what words he happened to choose. I'd dig it out myself but I'm not a subscriber anymore. Even if we say for the sake of argument that how I characterized it wasn't consistent with how Trae intended, still, how they'd played up to that point (even setting aside the Fake Hawks six weeks) suggested they were suffering from significant complacency.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

At some point if they aren't hitting their outside shots teams will cheat off them and clog the interior which will make being efficient in the mid range mire difficult. That's when the problems happen.

They?  Who are you talking about? Would that be everybody but Trae?  This is so irritating.

• Premium Member

On the down side....

I want to see Trae and DJM have 37-38 minutes in crucial games.

Not in a home game against one of the worst teams in the league.

That's too much.

I suppose Nate was nervous, and I don't blame him. It would have been an embarrassing loss. So he reverted to Playoff Coach, and the short bench.

I don't know who to blame, actually, but we just can't have them asked to play that many minutes in lesser opponent games.

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Damn I never realized that.  You’re right that’s something State Farm should’ve been peeped.  Having your announcers sit there is so ‘90s.

Even football stadiums are moving press boxes to the corners to make room for premium suites.