• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hornets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

and why wait to go all in, we have dj just for these 2 years then he is going to want 40mil a year, the cap is going up alot, but not sure its going up that much.

We went all in on Murray, sacrificing our future with a squad full of overpaid stiffs. Not to mention a 5'11 chucker. 

Thats what I want to say right now, but Im not gonna say it... Its too early in the season.. lol

Edited by terrell

We gotta be honest on JJ. He don't fit at the 4. He's not a finisher and in the half court. He's Hella limited. His screens are mid and the lost of Gallo is massively felt. I am okay trading JJ and Holiday for a legit backup PF like Jarred Vanderbilt. JJ got talent, that's unquestionable but his fit is questionable at best

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree. I still saw guys out of position and slow to rotate, didn't have enough resistance at the point if attack. 

Missing Bogi is the major problem. 

Missing Bogi is a huge problem no question.  But, how long is he going to be out?  No reliable shooting around Trae and Dejounte could make things really ugly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Always been my biggest concern even in the Joe Johnson era and was my biggest concern again for this season.

Cant keep talking about length and size being our issue if your the Hawks front office. Trae actually mentioned it in his after game interview yesterday about the magics length and size. We gotta get bigger at some point.

Most teams don't have these great athletes at the 5 but these bad ones do and we been in tough games because of it. Wish we kept Bruno but if you can run that PnR as a big for us, you good as gone.

Just now, JTB said:

Did he say why capela only played 23 minutes? 

Probably because he played like shit

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We gotta be honest on JJ. He don't fit at the 4. He's not a finisher and in the half court. He's Hella limited. His screens are mid and the lost of Gallo is massively felt. I am okay trading JJ and Holiday for a legit backup PF like Jarred Vanderbilt. JJ got talent, that's unquestionable but his fit is questionable at best

Should trade OO too because he was more ass than JJ.

Let's not talk about trades after three games.  This is JJ's third game and you're talking about trading him. 

Why are you Hawks fans so impatient?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We could use a guy like Vanderbilt...

Yeah folks not gon like this but I too think though he’s very talented he is extremely small at the 4. Like I’m not sure he’s really 6’9 even in shoes.

Just now, marco102 said:

Let's not talk about trades after three games.  This is JJ's third game and you're talking about trading him. 

You are delusional as shit son. OO did better than all of our other bigs today and he didn't play well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I don’t think a trade is needed but I also don’t think he should be apart of our BIG man rotation. Playing him at the 4 and OO at the 5 for backup is very small 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You are delusional as shit son. OO did better than all of our other bigs today and he didn't play well.

Pot meet Kettle. 

You should know I'm not serious about trading OO.

It's silly to talk about trading young players this early in the season is the point I was making.

OO was not the best big out there.  Richards took his lunch.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

On a possession or two but for the most part, the rotations were sound. Boxing out was an issue especially with Richards all game. Then again, that's always an issue. 

Yep. Just having AJ on the floor put pressure on Charlotte's defense. We missing that shooter who don't need much to get going

The talent fall from Okongwu, Gallo, Reddish, Bogi, and Delon to the Holiday Brothers and JJ.

So basically - like we said last year, and this is why we harp on the LT issue - we were considered super deep etc, and we were when all the guys were playing that bench was awesome, but we gave up the dynamics of the bench for an all star and the development of our younger players, which is a great plan its just betting on yourself and your drafting, Im not pooping the young guys but that EC run guys knew where to be and what to do coming off the bench.  But if they dont really develop fast enough, they need come up with more resources to aquire more talent.  This can end up going from packed house to not very quickly like when the falcons are doing well, the franchise does not have the cache of a chip or two like the braves not to mention the whole TBS thing.

Most teams don't have these great athletes at the 5 but these bad ones do and we been in tough games because of it. Wish we kept Bruno but if you can run that PnR as a big for us, you good as gone.

We had a shot at Bagley and didn’t take it. Could be a huge help right now.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Early last year 2-1 in our first 3 games, same as now.

Then we went 2-10 with Huerter, Gallo, Reddish and Lou....nothing to write home about.

Let's see where we are over our next 10 games before making these comparisons.

I was talking about the talent disparity..

• Confused 1