• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons (Freaky Friday)

lethalweapon3

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bob mentioned in conversations with Clint, said he's working to get his legs back, takes awhile at the start of the season.

Ya you keep tellin yourself that. :spiteful: :laugh1:

Do you like Melo (Car) in pink? Just thinking ahead for the avatar… 🏃‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

These surveys that include 'best passer' lists that include basic a** passers but exclude Trae aren't worth the paper they're not written on.

Those surveys are one thing, but our fans is another.  People will literally not post unless Trae is having a bad game, and even in his bad games he is usually a net positive player. 

If Steph Curry starts the season shooting 25% in a couple games would he get that kind of hate?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We going to have to start calling Justin  Holiday J-Brick, or just Brick for short.

It wouldn’t be so bad if dude just stopped shooting so much. He needs to realize ain’t nobody coming to see him shoot. Get the ball to someone else and go play defense. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

That's why you need a bigger defender.  Can't stop but make it harder to score. Get a bunch of fouls trying to get him out of his game. I do like the Pistons nucleus.

I think we showed that we can do that in the 2nd half of our first game.   Running AH and DJM at him at different times tired him down and he went scoreless.   But that's not always going to be the case, he just has it.   You concede that and you try not to foul and try to keep him within limits. 

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think we showed that we can do that in the 2nd half of our first game.   Running AH and DJM at him at different times tired him down and he went scoreless.   But that's not always going to be the case, he just has it.   You concede that and you try not to foul and try to keep him within limits. 

I'm not sure about that. Sometimes you need someone who can get physical and take fouls. They use to call them stooper/enforcers. Probably can't get away with a lot of that stuff anymore. 

Probably dating myself.  Just some way to early observations off the top of my head. Today's  game should be interesting but must take into consideration that we are coming off  a back to back.

17 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Something I have to add:

That Pistons court and those Grant Hill era jerseys were fire af last night. Love, love, love that logo, that court and those jerseys. 

We need to get you a 'fashion police' badge.  Not judging, just noticing. 🙂

They did look pretty good and I tend to hate all 90's-00's jerseys. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Hear me out on Jhol.  He did have one game shooting 3-6 this year from three.  He had been shooting more like 36-38% the past couple years. 

MAYBE he will start shooting closer to his career average and not what he's shot the past 3 games.   If not, flame on.  

I hear you BUT, until that happens, I’m on his ass like white on rice lol

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I'm not sure about that. Sometimes you need someone who can get physical and take fouls. They use to call them stooper/enforcers. Probably can't get away with a lot of that stuff anymore. 

Probably dating myself.  Just some way to early observations off the top of my head. Today's  game should be interesting but must take into consideration that we are coming off  a back to back.

Yo... I remember Tom McMillan and Steve Hawes.   You don't have to explain Goon to me..

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I just saw Spencer. :scratch:

Do you like Nurk? I mean, speaking of Goonies.

If we can get him... for cheap.. yeah.. he has good size and he is still active. 

He can go on my list....

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Do you like Nurk? I mean, speaking of Goonies.

One thing.. will he bitch about not starting?

• Haha 1