• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Looks like Trae has found his shooting touch, but he now needs to balance that with getting the bigs and Hunter more involved. (Though they have not been catching the ball cleanly.

I also need DJ to run more of the offense in the 2nd quarter like he did to start the 4th. Cut down on all the dribbling...drive and either shoot or pass. Quick decisions to get the rest in rhythm.

Yeah, that's just part of growing pains with new team mates.

I'm really disappointed we lost, but now I'm more encouraged with the upcoming schedule if they play with the same intensity as tonight. 

Also, did anyone get that update  on the Josh Primo situation? My word!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, that's just part of growing pains with new team mates.

I'm really disappointed we lost, but now I'm more encouraged with the upcoming schedule if they play with the same intensity as tonight. 

Also, did anyone get that update  on the Josh Primo situation? My word!!!

He's getting sued. Exposing himself to women. Not good. Unlikely to get claimed till the court stuff is settled 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Being balanced doesn't necessarily win you games.  It's about getting timely buckets and timely stops.

Our guards shot 51 times . . . but scored 63 points . . was 8 - 15 from 3 . . and got 11 assists.

The more concerning number to me is that Trae and Dejounte grabbed 11 rebounds. 

Collins and Hunter grabbed 10. 

Why is our 6-1 PG the 2nd leading rebounder in the game?

The real issue is that we need our bigs doing "big-like" things.  Get a rebound.  Get some blocks.  Create some steals.  Get yourself open to receive passes from our guards.

That can be answered by how we were rotating and guys being out of position. 

Nate said with a team like the Bucks, our guards will have to rebound because the Bucks send their guards to the glass.

Trae and Dejounte did that.  

This isn't me saying the rebounding wasn't horrible, because it needs to improve.

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Our game tonight was predicated on stopping Giannis.  That's why Clint sat so long and OO played so much.   The rebounding is the biggest concern.  Team rebounding might not be enough.   We may have to go over the Tax to get some help.  Ressler said he's willing at the beginning of this offseason. 

One thing though...

IF JC sticks to Lopez like he did at the end of the game, this game would have turned out different. 

JC's defense was still fantastic.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That can be answered by how we were rotating and guys being out of position. 

Nate said with a team like the Bucks, our guards will have to rebound because the Bucks send their guards to the glass.

Trae and Dejounte did that.  

This isn't me saying the rebounding wasn't horrible, because it needs to improve.

JC's defense was still fantastic.

JC's help defense was good... but he left Lopez open for three 3s.. that he hit.  I understand wanting a big to shoot those... but the scouting report on Lopez should read, he can hit the wide open three.   Portis too. Milwaukee is the best team in the league.   We were right there.  They will get better.. We must do the same. 

Just now, Diesel said:

JC's help defense was good... but he left Lopez open for three 3s.. that he hit.  I understand wanting a big to shoot those... but the scouting report on Lopez should read, he can hit the wide open three.   Portis too. Milwaukee is the best team in the league.   We were right there.  They will get better.. We must do the same. 

Lopez was shooting terrible before this game, so the scouting report was to probably leave him open.  After the first couple, the adjustment should have been made. 

I'm saying from an overall game standpoint his defense was great to me. There's always misses here and there, but the jump he's made defensively is a pleasant surprise. They also need to get him more shots in the midrange and out of the pick and roll.  I thought that's were Trae made one of his mistakes, he took a three late in the game instead of running the pick and roll and John was uncovered on the roll.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is one of those first 20 games where we are getting it together.   Right now, it's obvious that Trae and DJM are learning to play with each other.   For instance, there was a point in the fourth, when Trae should have deferred to DJM...but they have to learn that.   Eventually he did but after 3 straight misses.    I think the trust has to get better.   It took Tatum and Brown a long time to develop chemistry.   I think 20 games is not generous enough but Trae is a wizard.  He will figure it out.   DJM is getting there. 

Agreed!

28 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Being balanced doesn't necessarily win you games.  It's about getting timely buckets and timely stops.

Our guards shot 51 times . . . but scored 63 points . . was 8 - 15 from 3 . . and got 11 assists.

The more concerning number to me is that Trae and Dejounte grabbed 11 rebounds. 

Collins and Hunter grabbed 10. 

Why is our 6-1 PG the 2nd leading rebounder in the game?

The real issue is that we need our bigs doing "big-like" things.  Get a rebound.  Get some blocks.  Create some steals.  Get yourself open to receive passes from our guards.

I feel you but two guys will find it hard to beat a good team. Size has always given us problems . Our bigs can't handle the size disparity.  Not sure what we can do about our size Issues .

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Exposing himself to women?  Random women?  Or is this similar to Deshawn Watson?

Watson was using a service and trying to get more than what was offered and not on the table. This is more voyeur type ish from Primo, major creepy 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Exposing himself to women?  Random women?  Or is this similar to Deshawn Watson?

Ex Spurs employee..

Edited by terrell
  • Sad 1

Bucks, Celtics, etc...are going to be good yearly.

Is Collins gonna show up versus those teams?

We know he can score on small ball lineups, but what about teams with physical bigs?

Can we expect anything from him? Good teams are going to make you score in 1 v 1 situations. Collins can't eat on pnr vs good teams.

How is OO able to score and Collins cant?

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lopez was shooting terrible before this game, so the scouting report was to probably leave him open.  After the first couple, the adjustment should have been made. 

I'm saying from an overall game standpoint his defense was great to me. There's always misses here and there, but the jump he's made defensively is a pleasant surprise. They also need to get him more shots in the midrange and out of the pick and roll.  I thought that's were Trae made one of his mistakes, he took a three late in the game instead of running the pick and roll and John was uncovered on the roll.

I can agree with all that you said here. 

The gametime scouting report was probably Keep Giannis from going downhill and leave Lopez open if necessary.  i.e. run out. 

But after he started killing us out there, Nate had to change and Nate did...

But you knew that Giannis wasn't going to finish with 4 pts. 

• Like 1