• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I feel you but two guys will find it hard to beat a good team. Size has always given us problems . Our bigs can't handle the size disparity.  Not sure what we can do about our size Issues .

We have to go out and find a big big who plays good defense!!!  Even if it takes us over the cap. 

Hassan Whiteside's Superstar Numbers Are Mind-Blowing

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bucks, Celtics, etc...are going to be good yearly.

Is Collins gonna show up versus those teams?

We know he can score on small ball lineups, but what about teams with physical bigs?

Can we expect anything from him? Good teams are going to make you score in 1 v 1 situations. Collins can't eat on pnr vs good teams.

How is OO able to score and Collins cant?

I've been talking about this for years and it's why I always want to trade him but Hawksquawk loves JC and that's that.

He actually plays well v. Boston

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've been talking about this for years and it's why I always want to trade him but Hawksquawk loves JC and that's that.

I've been saying the same thing. Can't beat the good teams with him scoring 4 pts. You just  can't win. 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is a horrible post. Did you learn nothing from the D12 experience?

You mean, a major acquisition of a starting Lead Player... 

vs. 

the acquisition of a 3rd String C who can be used primarily against big teams?

Make the relation??

2 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I've been saying the same thing. Can't beat the good teams with him scoring 4 pts. You just  can't win. 

He can't pass to himself??

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bucks, Celtics, etc...are going to be good yearly.

Is Collins gonna show up versus those teams?

We know he can score on small ball lineups, but what about teams with physical bigs?

Can we expect anything from him? Good teams are going to make you score in 1 v 1 situations. Collins can't eat on pnr vs good teams.

How is OO able to score and Collins cant?

He has to get that jumper going.

If he can start knocking down his wide open 3s, that would be a big help to his game.  The 3 point shot has given Brook Lopez's career new life.  And he used to be a 20 ppg low post scorer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Boston doesn’t have any long athletic bigs. Horford is physical but he’s not athletic or big.

Collins defense and overall play has been great so far this season. Even in the Detroit game he was very good despite not scoring a boat load of points. We can’t expect him to  make up for length and physical size he doesn’t have.

TO ME we need to have a very good BIG rotation to make any kind of run! Not take away from it. Add to it! Schlenk has failed to do this again and it remains our biggest weakness.

If we put long athletic bigs who can play defense and move their feet around Trae/Murray it’s going to be some real hell in the nba cause that’s our biggest weakness. 

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He has to get that jumper going.

If he can start knocking down his wide open 3s, that would be a big help to his game.  The 3 point shot has given Brook Lopez's career new life.  And he used to be a 20 ppg low post scorer.

Honestly if you recall the ECF run. Lopez was killing us in the paint whenever he wanted to. I agree he has extended his career with the 3 ball but if he wanted to score on us inside he very well could. Either way it would be tough on us vs this team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ahhhh no.

A Ja-less Grizz.. Yes.

Colin Sexton,  Markennen, Clarkson, Olynnk, Vanderbilt, Beasley, THT.. that's not a bad squad.  You give them a new young coach and they will win a lot of games .   Because everybody can score.   They are like us Bud's first year.   Nothing but they will line the three point line and take turns shooting.  I haven't looked at the stats or nothing but I would guess that they are one of the top 3 pt shooting teams.... i.e. made 3 pters.   Teams still don't know how to defend that.  Especially when you have Colin and Clarkson as your guards.   Low efficiency guys who can hit an outside shot.  Olynk and Markennen too.  That's how I would play them.. just give everybody the greenlight on 3 pters. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Boston doesn’t have any long athletic bigs. Horford is physical but he’s not athletic or big.

Collins defense and overall play has been great so far this season. Even in the Detroit game he was very good despite not scoring a boat load of points. We can’t expect him to  make up for length and physical size he doesn’t have.

TO ME we need to have a very good BIG rotation to make any kind of run! Not take away from it. Add to it! Schlenk has failed to do this again and it remains our biggest weakness.

If we put long athletic bigs who can play defense and move their feet around Trae/Murray it’s going to be some real hell in the nba cause that’s our biggest weakness. 

Sorry to break up the agenda...

But who do you suggest we replace him with?

This past game against Milwaukee wasn't about him missing shots?  It wasn't about him being overpowered.  It was about the guard play not producing plays.  How is that JC's fault?

I would say that we're still learning each other and still feeling out an offense.   The times when JC got touches, it ended up with points.   His points and on another occasion a PNR and Pass to Clint (assist). 

Right now, he's 

8th PFs - Scoring.

2nd PF - rebounding

1st PFs - Blocks

6th PFs - Steals

7th PFs - FG%

Let's not put limits on him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

You mean, a major acquisition of a starting Lead Player... 

vs. 

the acquisition of a 3rd String C who can be used primarily against big teams?

Make the relation??

He can't pass to himself??

True that is a problem.  What's worse 4pts or 4 shots. 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Sorry to break up the agenda...

But who do you suggest we replace him with?

This past game against Milwaukee wasn't about him missing shots?  It wasn't about him being overpowered.  It was about the guard play not producing plays.  How is that JC's fault?

I would say that we're still learning each other and still feeling out an offense.   The times when JC got touches, it ended up with points.   His points and on another occasion a PNR and Pass to Clint (assist). 

Right now, he's 

8th PFs - Scoring.

2nd PF - rebounding

1st PFs - Blocks

6th PFs - Steals

7th PFs - FG%

Let's not put limits on him. 

Read my post again..seriously read it again and let me know where I said we need to get rid of JC???? ……I didn’t say trade JC. I said we need to “ADD” to the good big man rotation we have. Meaning add that long lengthy defender to Collins, Capela, OO.

If Jonathan Issac were healthy we should go after him. I wanted Bagley over the summer but I think we need a long lengthy defender who’s mobile but he’s hurt too.

I don’t know where that guy is maybe Schlenk should ask Ujiri ….he seems to ding those guys for Toronto all the time!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

True that is a problem.  What's worse 4pts or 4 shots. 

Collins isn’t the problem he has played very good so far this season especially on defense. We can’t ask him to grow 3 - 5 inches in height and length. We can ask him to get stronger and more powerful.

What we really need to do is add to our Big man rotation. That may mean finding that needed big man with Bogi’s salary but way to early for that conversation. 

Collins has a history of struggling with lengthy athletic players but he has stepped up this season and been more aggressive defensively in all these games which we haven’t seen before. Let’s see how this new aggression does vs the Raptors on Monday. Cause that’s another very good test.

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Blaming JC for this game is silly. The refs killed us. I mean it was a joke how disparate the free throw disparity was and THEN we get to the bogus offensive foul call that literally cost us a chance to tie the game. It literally gave the game to the Yucks. Disgusting.

Only a few blamed Collins from what I saw.

But a lot of blame should go to Nate for putting Trae and Aaron on Jrue. He overpowered them and really got going. When Justin got put on him he started to slow him down some. Would like Murray to be more aggressive guarding a guard like Holiday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

A Ja-less Grizz.

See you didn’t say that. You said the Jazz were a better team than the Grizz and that’s a laugher in a month or two. 

I’d venture to say even a Ja-less Grizz team is better than the Jazz.