• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Only a few blamed Collins from what I saw.

But a lot of blame should go to Nate for putting Trae and Aaron on Jrue. He overpowered them and really got going. When Justin got put on him he started to slow him down some. Would like Murray to be more aggressive guarding a guard like Holiday.

With as much money invested into this squad, some of these issues are what they are. 

I still think at some point, we need to revisit an De'Andre Ayton trade with PHX. They clearly don't like the contract he's under and we really need a Center with more size. Since PHX is likely to lose Cam Johnson this summer. A JC for Ayton trade makes sense. The question is, who can we get in bulk for Capela. I think a three team trade for Ayton with Capela going to a 3rd team for bulk package of a young player and a rotation player and JC traded to PHX for Ayton is probably our best long term play. 

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Only a few blamed Collins from what I saw.

But a lot of blame should go to Nate for putting Trae and Aaron on Jrue. He overpowered them and really got going. When Justin got put on him he started to slow him down some. Would like Murray to be more aggressive guarding a guard like Holiday.

With as much money invested into this squad, some of these issues are what they are. 

I still think at some point, we need to revisit an De'Andre Ayton trade with PHX. They clearly don't like the contract he's under and we really need a Center with more size. Since PHX is likely to lose Cam Johnson this summer. A JC for Ayton trade makes sense. The question is, who can we get in bulk for Capela. I think a three team trade for Ayton with Capela going to a 3rd team for bulk package of a young player and a rotation player and JC traded to PHX for Ayton is probably our best long term play. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He has to get that jumper going.

If he can start knocking down his wide open 3s, that would be a big help to his game.  The 3 point shot has given Brook Lopez's career new life.  And he used to be a 20 ppg low post scorer.

We all know JC can shoot but his issue with teams with size and strength which are most of the playoff teams in the east is noted.

Edited by NBASupes

I think a real question is, do you even trade Clint. Clint can be a lethal 6th man center for us. While him and Ayton will cost us 55 million next year at center. Considering how value Clint generally is for us, is it best for him to come off the bench as a 6th man and it also helps JJ who's undersized as a backup 4. Obviously this ushers in us finally doing what needs to be done which is move Okongwu to the starting lineup where he can guard the Giannis and split time with Ayton guarding the Embiid of the world where he's good at. 

Honestly, there is really nothing for Clint we can get that makes us better either and he's simply not worth Ayton whereas JC is

Also, I don't see any trades happening this year anyway. This team is what it is for this year

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Yea more than likely we have to push into the tax like half the league is now, the warriors are a little nuts with it, the repeater taxes are killin them, but Bucks are still 4th most expensive team to floor.  If we can hang with them with bogi back and middleton back - The above seems like the only realistic upgrade to go heavy into the tax for.  I still dont beleive ressler will do it, the spanx lady need to step up !   Hopefullly they stayed out this year to buy the another year of non repeater penalties once they dive into it. 

Edited by hylndr11

45 minutes ago, JTB said:

So I thought about revisiting the Ayton trade yesterday but I didn’t write it on here. @NBASupes sometimes I swear you and @JeffS17 be reading my mind and posting my shit before me lol.

but I honestly don’t think Ayton would help much vs the bucks though he’s bigger than Capela (especially defensively)…Capela is still more physical. The hope with Ayton in any trade is that his offense would make a guy like Lopez or any and all centers really, “work on defense”. Lopez cruised defensively vs Collins and Capela last night and had all the energy in the world offensively even if it did just consist of spot ups mainly, point is we didn’t drain his energy and make him work hard.

Ayton is a better scorer so again the only hope is that he’d make that post defense work way more than them just worrying about floaters from our backcourt.

In any trade scenario for Ayton I’d rather trade Capela and keep Collins. I still have a theory that Collins can be a way better offensive player next to a guy like Ayton because Ayton will make all his opponents respect his mid range and overall offense game. 

When it comes to being mobile center. Capela nor Ayton is truly mobile (no mobile defensive centers are available out there seem like) but Ayton offense and scoring could perhaps impact the game vs these 3pt true center size guys like Lopez.

it’s very very early and we are playing well but we know the issues on this team are going to be about size and strength and Monday is going to be another physical lengthy team. It’s not about skills at this point in my opinion. Hawks can’t make up for size and strength no matter what anyone says. Murray’s presence is making things different however in a good way but just don’t know if it’s enough vs teams like that.

At the end of the day, he just makes a lot of sense for us even if he's overpaid.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah, if we are trading for Ayton.  It'll have to be Clint that goes.  JC has played too well on the defensive end for me to let him slip away at this point. 

Everything you've complained about JC he's improved on. You said Montrell Harris was better than JC and that's CLEARLY not the case anymore. 

JC is playing like one of the best PF's on both ends of the floor. 

Just give this team time to gel and let everyone settle into their roles before letting preconceived agendas ruin our thought process.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bleachkit said:

JC needs more than 4 shots. 

An honest inquiry:

Fairly early in the second Detroit game, did anyone besides me notice (or think they noticed) that Collins attempted to hand the ball off to Trae in the backcourt, shortly after an inbounds play or change of possession, and he did it a little nonchalantly, and it got picked off.  Trae immediately grabbed Collins by the arm and started lecturing him on it.  After that, Collins almost never saw the ball in the remainder of the Detroit game and likewise for the Milwaukee game.  Am I imagining things?  I know it's Trae's team, and there is no point in complaining about  it, but if it is true, Trae is hurting team comradery to show his displeasure for one dumb play.  How many dumb plays does Trae get in every game?  That kind of petty behavior is not good.  Murray has played differently since that time as well (more one on one, less ball movement).  Maybe I'm wrong, but that is the way it seemed to go to me.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

An honest inquiry:

Fairly early in the second Detroit game, did anyone besides me notice (or think they noticed) that Collins attempted to hand the ball off to Trae in the backcourt, shortly after an inbounds play or change of possession, and he did it a little nonchalantly, and it got picked off.  Trae immediately grabbed Collins by the arm and started lecturing him on it.  After that, Collins almost never saw the ball in the remainder of the Detroit game and likewise for the Milwaukee game.  Am I imagining things?  I know it's Trae's team, and there is no point in complaining about  it, but if it is true, Trae is hurting team comradery to show his displeasure for one dumb play.  How many dumb plays does Trae get in every game?  That kind of petty behavior is not good.  Murray has played differently since that time as well (more one on one, less ball movement).  Maybe I'm wrong, but that is the way it seemed to go to me.

I commented this at some point last season, but it is painfully clear to me that Trae is not that fond of JC.  I'm not saying he hates the dude or they're actively beefing, but he has never really seemed to care for him.  My personal take is that JC has tried really hard to be the leader of the team and that rubs Trae the wrong way, but last year JC would be giving passionate pep talks to the team on the bench and Trae would be staring into space ignoring him.  Off-court chemistry has stayed off between then.  It's easy to preach it's a business and everyone should just be professional on the court, but off-court chemistry will always impact on-court play.  

All just my opinion based on watching them interact during timeouts, on the bench, etc. during all the home games last season so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, if we are trading for Ayton.  It'll have to be Clint that goes.  JC has played too well on the defensive end for me to let him slip away at this point. 

Everything you've complained about JC he's improved on. You said Montrell Harris was better than JC and that's CLEARLY not the case anymore. 

JC is playing like one of the best PF's on both ends of the floor. 

Just give this team time to gel and let everyone settle into their roles before letting preconceived agendas ruin our thought process.

Capela don't have the value to get us Ayton or anyone of serious value. We would get what we got for Kevin and that's a protected 1st and some rotation players who are just meh. JC is the only player we got that can get us something that got money on his name. Bogi can't even get us that. Obviously Trae and Murray can get us a lot if we decided to trade one of them. Hunter probably will get us value next year if we decided to move him. Okongwu is on a rookie deal as is JJ and AJ.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warcore said:

a trade centered around CC/Bogi/filler for Ayton/Crowder/filler could work after Jan. 14

I don't see PHX trading him or anyone this year unless they can get Durant. I think all of us will ride with this squad till the offseason.