• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Trae is doing what I was afraid of -- forcing shots to try to put up big numbers.  The off balance mid rangers, floaters outside his normal range, etc.  And the only thing we've done is sit 3 players on the perimeter while Trae and CC run the PNR.  Players are surprised when they receive a pass... there's no flow, no rhythm, no one is taking shots in stride when they catch passes, so much hesitating and indecision.  We just look like a poorly coached team.

Here's to hoping we can get it together from for the rest of the game.

• Like 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Trae is doing what I was afraid of -- forcing shots to try to put up big numbers.  The off balance mid rangers, floaters outside his normal range, etc.  And the only thing we've done is sit 3 players on the perimeter while Trae and CC run the PNR.  Players are surprised when they receive a pass... there's no flow, no rhythm, no one is taking shots in stride when they catch passes, so much hesitating and indecision.  We just look like a poorly coached team.

He wasn't really forcing shots though.  He hits that paint floater all the time.  The floater just isn't dropping tonight.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Makes me wonder what was Nate's purpose on his visit to Oklahoma to see Trae in the offseason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I don’t know, the “surprise” by the players is an expectation for them to actually score the ball…which they promptly give up after staring at the basket for 3 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He wasn't really forcing shots though.  He hits that paint floater all the time.  The floater just isn't dropping tonight.

He's been rushing.  Normally he runs the PnR slower with more control.  He's blasting into the paint full speed and it's messing with his shot

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He and Hunter are killing me with the passive aggressiveness.

Soft as hell. Both of them..

Just now, smoove31210 said:

The Hawks have got to move some people via trade to get better....no way around it

You trusting Schlenk with that? Good luck....

1 minute ago, FL_BRYANT said:

12 shots in the first quarter.  This is what I'm talking about.  Sometimes this reverts to straight out gunning.  Everyone is trying to tell him to relax and trust his team. We'll see if he listens or try to win it by himself. 

Insanity..

2 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

12 shots in the first quarter.  This is what I'm talking about.  Sometimes this reverts to straight out gunning.  Everyone is trying to tell him to relax and trust his team. We'll see if he listens or try to win it by himself. 

Trae really didn't start shooting the ball until they were down by 8.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

How many tries do he need. 12 shots in the first quarter.  How often do we have to watch this. This is getting old.