• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

We don't box out either.  Just getting murdered on the offensive boards

This is where we missed Hunter and Collins vs RJ (19 pts) and Randle (14 pts).  JJ couldn't handle Randle. Collins had 13 rebounds in their first matchup. We also missed DJ rebounding in this game.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The Hawks look like a group of guys who don't believe in what they're doing.  To me, the body language says it all.  I think they all love the game, but they don't believe in whatever they're philosophy or approach is supposed to be.  That's a recipe for this season to get substantially worse.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This was a joke. Terrible loss. This kind of zero effort makes you wonder if the team is trying to get a coach fired. But then again this team can't shoot, at all, this season. This is far beyond a blip on a 82 game season with our bad shooting. This is now every damn game we can't shoot the ball. We can complain, and we do, about Nate's bad offensive plans but Nate can't shoot for them. These guys are missing for the most part wide open shots.

I feel losing Jent is hurting us big time right now as almost none of our guys are shooting well at all.  Maybe it has nothing to do with him leaving this season but it's crazy that it's the whole team struggling with shooting since he left.   Also who is our new Shooting coach on the team right now that replaced him?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Threezus said:

I feel losing Jent is hurting us big time right now as almost none of our guys are shooting well at all.  Maybe it has nothing to do with him leaving this season but it's crazy that it's the whole team struggling with shooting since he left.   Also who is our new Shooting coach on the team right now that replaced him?

@marco102 and I discussed the losing Jent issue a few games ago.

• Premium Member

Our shooting is really concerning… even Trae.  Slow start excuse is up — we’re 30% into the season and the team is shooting a league worst 32% from three, Trae himself has one game shooting over 50%.  His three ball is atrocious, under 30%.   games are getting tough to watch

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Our shooting is really concerning… even Trae.  Slow start excuse is up — we’re 30% into the season and the team is shooting a league worst 32% from three, Trae himself has one game shooting over 50%.  His three ball is atrocious, under 30%.   games are getting tough to watch

Who is the Hawks shooting coach? We might be missing Jent.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who is the Hawks shooting coach? We might be missing Jent.

It’s bad we don’t know his name off the top of our heads especially on this board.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This was a joke. Terrible loss. This kind of zero effort makes you wonder if the team is trying to get a coach fired. But then again this team can't shoot, at all, this season. This is far beyond a blip on a 82 game season with our bad shooting. This is now every damn game we can't shoot the ball. We can complain, and we do, about Nate's bad offensive plans but Nate can't shoot for them. These guys are missing for the most part wide open shots.

I agree 100% on this. Bad offensive scheme from McMillan or not these guys miss open 3s way too much to solely blame it on the scheme. 
We have to give schlenk some blame with how this new roster was assembled.

we are 30% into the season ranked 8th on defense and 21st on offense last I checked the other day. So schlenk fixed the defense or at least made it better but completely missed up the offense.

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. We are starting a 19 and 20 year old because of injuries to starters. Contrary to some we need our starters back. This is what happens when teams get tape.

2. We are depending on a 19 year old rookie in AJ (1-8, the pressure might be getting to him as a starter) and a just returned Bogi (0-10) to fix our 3pt shooting Woes. They were 1-18 from 3.

3. 2nd game in a row, we were out-hustled for rebounds in the 2nd half.

4. Nobody stepped up into DJ's role when he went down.

C'mon Jay this is a team of NBA players and besides these two nobody can hit a three?   

There is one or more issues that could be addressed.   

1.  Hustle issue?

2.  Team is not assembled chemistry wise?

3 Talent issue?

4.  Coaching issue?  

Who knows but when you get blown out by the Knicks?  Resller has to be banging his head against the wall.   

• Like 1