• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Can we not challenge the obvious foul uncalled on Murray's heave?  I don't think so, but it still stinx that it happened.

Also, was the obvious take foul by Kyrie not called as such because it was under 2min?  Bawb seemed to indicate that was the rule.

Ok, fine.  Then we'll take the clear path foul instead.

Lastly, what a pitiful effort overall by the Hawks all game.  Pitiful in that why in the actual f*ck don't yall play with that much effort every dayum night?!  And, no, it's not one guy keepin' them from playing with heart.

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

... but none of us here thought that they would bring that kind of game to the Nets!!

Lies!

Slander!

Slies!

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yall know we obviously gonna win tonite.  Just to fuel the rumor(sic) mill. 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can we not challenge the obvious foul uncalled on Murray's heave?  I don't think so, but it still stinx that it happened.

Also, was the obvious take foul by Kyrie not called as such because it was under 2min?  Bawb seemed to indicate that was the rule.

Ok, fine.  Then we'll take the clear path foul instead.

Lastly, what a pitiful effort overall by the Hawks all game.  Pitiful in that why in the actual f*ck don't yall play with that much effort every dayum night?!  And, no, it's not one guy keepin' them from playing with heart.

They say you can't call a take foul in the last 2 minutes... but it was damn sure a clear path foul. 

The refs were horrible.  I guess for both sides but still feels like we got the short end of the stick.

Just now, kg01 said:

Lies!

Slander!

Slies!

My bad.

Marshawn Lynch My Bad GIF by Team Coco - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The fact that they didn't even consider it was galling.  They freaking review the most innocuous stuff throughout a game but just gloss over that?

I mean these turds stealth-reviewed a 3 by swAG, that wasn't even challenged, and took it away in the 1st.  Like freaking Houdini and we have 3 less points.  How?  Why is it possible to take points away, without review, just because?

So we wanna "get it right" ..... uh, unless it's in the last 2 minutes so we can trick people into thinking we care about keeping the games short.

Adam Sliver can kiss my raw a**.  Freaking arbitrary "rules" that make no dayum sense at all.

Rant over. 

Yeah, coming back from commercial and finding that there were three points gone.. was like... HUH?  Brooklyn didn't get their first starter foul until deep into the third.   It just felt like the refs were not for us.   Especially when JC was under the goal just getting hacked over and over again and instead of calling the foul, they just gave us possession. 

Are yall trying to guarantee a Nets vs. Warriors finals or something?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I guess the extreme shocking part that it’s a design by Nate and it’s not Trae like many thought.

don’t get me wrong I know Trae would love to go iso at certain times in games but I can no longer be convinced it’s solely Traes decision to go into iso and slow the tempo down in every close game. Like you mentioned Murray has settled into the “other scorers” role ….we are as predictable as it gets offensively.

Our next coach ought to have a stronger rein on the play calling.  That's the way that we will fix those moments where it goes ISo or that we go away from Collins and others. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JTB said:

I guess the extreme shocking part that it’s a design by Nate and it’s not Trae like many thought.....

Repeat this again for the Trae-haters in the back.

I'll take it a step further, it's also what we saw from Oladipo in IND.  3 guesses what the common denominator is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Our next coach ought to have a stronger rein on the play calling.  That's the way that we will fix those moments where it goes ISo or that we go away from Collins and others. 

I wish I could like this 100 times...  It's a struggle between the coach calling plays and players deciding to wing it.  I don't think any championship coach is out here orchestrating every single play in every clutch situation.  However, there are guys that play no games with the offense and command respect with play calling.  That's what Trae needs.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Wretch said:

However, there are guys that play no games with the offense and command respect with play calling.  That's what Trae needs.

It was refreshing to see how we started the game (1st half).. running on every make or miss. Nate is not going to require that.   We should have a coach that requires something that works.

All game, I'm wondering... IS Trae picking up any of the things that makes this offense work through watching?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Repeat this again for the Trae-haters in the back.

I'll take it a step further, it's also what we saw from Oladipo in IND.  3 guesses what the common denominator is.

What’s interesting is that @Sothron told us his source revealed that Trae wants more ball and player movement during that last disagreement between him and Nate but the perception of Trae among many fans both of the hawks and nba in general is that trae just wants to be an isolation scorer….

however the reality is that Trae truly is an elite on screen scorer (if that’s the correct basketball term). I don’t consider Traes STYLE as an isolation scorer like harden or very young Michael Jordan. Thats not to say trae don’t or won’t  pound the ball in the ground but i believe Traes go to is scoring off of high picks.

I don’t have the data to back it up but I’m almost certain that trae uses the screen to score the majority of his points throughout his career so far. So that is another thing I find interesting that Mcmillian isn’t even looking at his best players preferred go to style or most impactful style.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, JTB said:

What’s interesting is that @Sothron told us his source revealed that Trae wants more ball and player movement during that last disagreement between him and Nate but the perception of Trae among many fans both of the hawks and nba in general is that trae just wants to be an isolation scorer….

however the reality is that Trae truly is an elite on screen scorer (if that’s the correct basketball term). I don’t consider Traes STYLE as an isolation scorer like harden or very young Michael Jordan. Thats not to say trae don’t or won’t  pound the ball in the ground but i believe Traes go to is scoring off of high picks.

I don’t have the data to back it up but I’m almost certain that trae uses the screen to score the majority of his points throughout his career so far. So that is another thing I find interesting that Mcmillian isn’t even looking at his best players preferred go to style or most impactful style.

Trae's scoring style is very similar to Nash's.  He was a midrange marvel who liked to take bigs to the rim.   Nash used a lot of picks in his offense.  That's something we see in Trae with the PNR.   He can take the pick and go all the way to the cup... or hit the roller.   He can get a switch and beat a big with the floater. or he can catch somebody asleep with the lob. 

His ability to score going to the cup and from three is what makes him so dangerous and different.   Your defense can crowd the middle and keep him from playing PNR/PNP.. but that's when he will step back and drain the three.   Nash was a really good three point shooter, but he never used the three pointer as a weapon.   I think the most he ever attempted was Just under 5 attempts per game.   That's the starting point for Trae.  (The Curry Effect).   If Trae could shoot the three as well as Nash did, he'd be the most dangerous player in basketball. 

• Premium Member

I know Hawks players, coaches and FO ppl check out the Squawk so let me say: hell of a game by anyone not named Nate tonight. JC had another good game on both ends. OO has been rebounding like a pro lately and was really damn good tonight. Jalen Johnson had his best game as a NBA player tonight. DJM did a good job tonight running the show and shouldering the load. The only guy that wasn't really a net positive in some way on the court tonight was our super rook from Duke but that's ok AJ, we can't be great in every game.

I honestly think the refs in this game should be investigated for how atrocious they were. They were so one sided you could see Nets jerseys poking up under their shirts. The two minute report will show how the Hawks should have won this game. 

I'm very proud of the effort tonight. No, there's no moral victories at the NBA level but this was as close as you could get to one. Three starters out including our two best players and we still should have won.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JTB said:

What’s interesting is that @Sothron 

however the reality is that Trae truly is an elite on screen scorer

Ah cmon now man elite? Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, Curry, Ginobil, were elite at it. Its a very small list. Nate is terrible down to every letter in the word but Young just stands there without the ball. Guy doesn't even try to burn a little energy without. This is why he gets the bad rap across the country. He's the face but not a leader. Surely he has a few plays of his own under his belt to get himself open off screens because he is "elite" at it. 

So when you say he is elite with screens are you saying the screener sets him up, rolls and Young rewards him? Or are you saying he is great at coming off of screens through traffic getting himself open and scoring?