• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I can Admit when I'm wrong.

After looking at the play over again, I noted that we had 8 seconds and not 4 seconds as I previously thought.   With 8 seconds, we should have called the timeout. I still don't like the idea of putting Simmons and the defensive team on the floor, but with 8 seconds... you have to try.  

Plus, lots of ball hoggery by DJM on the last play, Bogi was wide open. 

You completed ✔️ the emoji reaction cycle 🔁. You’re welcome! 😉 

I had to go sad 😢 face for you to get it but let me tell ya something Diesel if I had to go horny faced you know I would! FOR THE TEAM!!!!

… ahhhh I’m losin it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I think I figured it out. 

Nate is sick of Trae as well and wants to get fired. That’s the only explanation. Nobody is that stupid.

Pics to prove…

Arms crossed in an intense moment, no timeout, just standing there watching. 

27-11 prompted us to name him head coach… every since then ..

60-56

That’s some serious even Steven stuff.

In 116 games I didn’t expect 60-56, honestly after that 27-11 finish of the 2020-21 season I expected 75-41, around a 65% winning clip. I wasn’t unrealistic to think 27-11 (71%) was sustainable for the long haul.

A .520 winning percentage blows.

No, Nate officially wants to go home 🏡 to his family. 

Lights 💡 out.

3675A035-970F-4131-A3D6-38E0E5092576.jpeg

20A0F13B-C63D-42DF-B18E-054DDF8D6F7D.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Joe, nice to see him tonight. Love that dude.

It was good to see Joe.  If he would take a 10 day contract, I would work him out as a BU PF.   It was the most I have heard Joe Speak in his several years as a Hawk.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wretch said:

I wasn't shocked.  I made mention of this on the "25 games challenge" thread about Murray.  He's settled into a scorer's role with Trae on the court and he's pretty predictable when he's looking to score.  Tonight was the first time in awhile where I've seen him focused more on facilitating - obviously since Trae is out.

He needs to do more facilitating with Trae on the court and we need more movement to get guys (particularly Trae) open.  As it were, DJM is just playing SG while Trae handles the ball and in the clutch.  No synergy...

Nate needs to establish that DJM is the energizer of the team on defense, and our "Scottie Pippen" on offense.  He's the guy who should get those secondary assists, and run the 2nd unit.

Trae must be the offensive engine because he's a better passer and can score in more ways than DJM. 

If DJM has the better matchup at the end of a game, let him close it out.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You completed ✔️ the emoji reaction cycle 🔁. You’re welcome! 😉 

I had to go sad 😢 face for you to get it but let me tell ya something Diesel if I had to go horny faced you know I would! FOR THE TEAM!!!!

… ahhhh I’m losin it. 

I was just peeping that.  The rare 5 emoji reaction post.

• Haha 3

Glad you asked.  Yes, I was very suprised with the Hawks play last night.  

Questions arise.  1- Why didn't the Hawks call a time out when they secured their last rebound?  They might have had a different outcome.

2- You know that I cringe with every free throw that is missed.  Far too many were missed.  I continue to say, in these tight games, "Hit those free throws and you win."  

3- Why can't the Hawks play like this when those missing starters are available?  Missing three starters, yet this Hawk team had a chance to beat the hottest NBA team with less than 10 seconds remaining in the 4th.

🕵️‍♂️Just the facts, Maam, just the facts!

• Like 2

• Moderators

I haven't watched the whole game yet, just the end.  seems like a lot of mistakes down the stretch though.  Not sure why we didn't force the ball out of KD's hands the two times he blew by JC.    Not down with the no timeout either.  There wasn't enough time to get a good shot just sprinting down court.  it's amazing DJ got the shot he did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, warcore said:

I don't think I've seen anybody mention that OO was underneath the basket for a dunk with 2 seconds left while DJ heaved. 

I know it doesn't apply here because there was so little time, but in general I'm not a fan of taking buzzer beaters at the end of a game. Leave a couple seconds for a put back.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Glad you asked.  Yes, I was very suprised with the Hawks play last night.  

Questions arise.  1- Why didn't the Hawks call a time out when they secured their last rebound?  They might have had a different outcome.

2- You know that I cringe with every free throw that is missed.  Far too many were missed.  I continue to say, in these tight games, "Hit those free throws and you win."  

3- Why can't the Hawks play like this when those missing starters are available?  Missing three starters, yet this Hawk team had a chance to beat the hottest NBA team with less than 10 seconds remaining in the 4th.

🕵️‍♂️Just the facts, Maam, just the facts!

#3 ‐ 100% agree. Why does it take for everyone to be out, to play like this?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1