• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Let's start the controversy...

Diesel

Is OO a bust?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Big O was one of the NBA's greatest rebounding

“Undersized centers the NBA had ever seen. He had a slow start in his first 3 years and then took off. In the following 8 seasons he would go on to 6 all defensive first teams and 3 NBA titles for the Atlanta Hawks. He earned a key to the city alongside Trae Young as the two became the mainstay duo in the ATL and rewrote the narrative of losing in Atlanta.”

-Anonymous 2043 (20 years from now)

C52D6B99-0DE4-4D87-A591-11766544860B.jpeg

AA06DBA6-6EB2-417A-9C44-53989002D5C8.jpeg

• Premium Member

Tony Pollard can be great. In his own right. Own.

He can never be Walter Payton. It's wrong to bestow on Tony Pollard the nickname that is the intellectual property... perhaps not "legally," but in every other way... that "Sweetness" is to Walter Payton and his legacy.

Wrong with a capital W.

Sweetness is Sweetness, and/but Tony Pollard can be Sweetie... he can be Sugar... he can be Sugarlicious... so many options even if you're married to the general idea of being sweet. But he can never be Sweetness.

Now, I realize, you just do this crap for your own entertainment, and to imagine yourself some kind of clown trying to keep things somewhat light around here. I get that. Comedians feed off of pushing boundaries, even the Benny Hill kind... actually especially the Benny Hill kind. So, this isn't a serious conversation by virtue of the previous behaviors of the person on the other end of this dialogue. So, nah, this is as much as I'm saying.

But that you decide to re-raise this old issue is timely since some of my fellow Cowboys fans have begun suggesting Pollard is a kind of Walter Payton, even to the point of calling him Sweetness (... to Zeke's "Salty").

And it presents another opportunity to hammer home that the greatest athletes are deserving of their trophies, but maybe most of all, they are deserving of a name that sets them apart from all the others. There is something right about keeping that much sacred.

He played against smaller bench players and he should shine like this!  Happy that he didn't foul out.  He's still learning.  Having to start with Capela has forced him to grow.  That and his mamma telling him to get with it!!

:smug:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kg01 said:

He's fine but does need to be better.

Ax about Hunter ...... I've said too much, bye-eee. 

You surely have not! I'm on the opposing end of the Hunter bandwagon.  I don't see it with him.  Just don't.  I expected unspectacular...solid.  We got T.Prince on Crack.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

Not about the Cowboys. Not about any Cowboys player. One can dance, and it might make him feel better about himself, but it takes no high school diploma to understand the point of what I said, Spud... and thus... no one's fooled by the.......

2023-01-14_10-34-57.png

... so why do that? You think you're entertaining people? Dunno... maybe... hard for me to imagine anyone here that shallow.

• Premium Member

Really. That's the best you can do. Of course it is.

You brought it up. I didn't. Not my fault if, now that you brought it up, you don't want to actually talk about the substance of what you originally brought up. Oh, right, I forgot. You're not here for substance, you're here for the complete opposite of serious conversation, ie unserious conversation.

Never mind, then.