• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member

It's interesting.  All this talk of Al Horford's greatness.   He was the best player in Hawks History stuff.

Ok...

IN DEC 2013... All tore his pec and missed the rest of the season. 

We were 11-11 when Horf got hurt.   We finished the Season 38-44.  That means that without Horf we went 27-33. 

We replaced Horf with Elton Brand and Pero Antic... and got just about nothing from them.   The year before we were 44-38...

So losing Horf accounted for 6 wins. 

During the 1992 season, Nique went down on Jan 29...

We were 22-20 at the time.   We also finished 38-44, which means that we went 16-24 the rest of the way. 

So here it is...

Horf's team had a 45% winning percent without him (down from .500).   Nique's team had a 40% winning percent without him (down from .524). 

I conclude that Horf didn't mean that much to his team... at least not as much as Nique did to his team. 

So how in the world can you suggest that Horf is the best player?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Keep hoping to see some new rumors in this thread and instead y’all going on and on and on about Alice Horford 🥱

If this doesn’t interest you then start a poll. You did it before! Comon big man… :sarcastic:

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I loved the Snake

Same. His body mainly. I lifted to have a big gorilla 🦍 chest.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

..........while getting no closer to knowing what will actually happen with the roster this offseason.

If any of us knew what WILL actually happen with the roster...we'd be rich.  I don't even think the front office knows EXACTLY what will happen today either.  I'm sure they have a plan, but they will remain fluid to go another direction if an opportunity presents itself.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, shakes said:

I hate everyone who went to Illinois except my mom.

On a totally unrelated note, is it too late for me to take some courses?  I can still be an Illini. 🤓

11 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So many reasons why I have avoided following these insider/rumor threads over time.

Just added another one to the list....

Just look at it as entertainment.  Some see it as a receipt collecting ground for use later.  Lookin at you, @JayBirdHawk

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So many reasons why I have avoided following these insider/rumor threads over time.

Just added another one to the list.

Too many personal agendas and hot takes to take seriously, this thread is about as reliable as watching sports debate shows for information, we just give it more value because it’s from our own.

Yal have fun arguing over Al Horford while getting no closer to knowing what will actually happen with the roster this offseason.

There isn't any new news other than what I posted early this week. Other than Jaylen got all NBA and Boston has a decision to make.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Just added another one to the list.

Too many personal agendas and hot takes to take seriously, this thread is about as reliable as watching sports debate shows for information, we just give it more value because it’s from our own.

Yal have fun arguing over Al Horford while getting no closer to knowing what will actually happen with the roster this offseason.

I would say especially in the offseason tangents are part of a sports forum.  To me reliability isn't the most important part of a rumor thread, I think rumors and hearsay go hand in hand. 

So yes this is for people who are having fun talking about Al Horford while not getting closer to knowing what will happen with the roster.  

JJ >>> Horford, that's what I think real hoopers would say.  

• Like 2

Just now, Sothron said:

The only real rumor I can report is that it seems very likely at least one of our starting front court will be traded before next season. 

Ping me, I haven't heard any trade rumor with any Hawk of late. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The only real rumor I can report is that it seems very likely at least one of our starting front court will be traded before next season. 

Thanks! This also makes a ton of sense considering resources and roster construction.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This just makes sense and many of us have been expecting it for some time now...while holding out hope that they could somehow make it work.  Clint and JC are such good guys to have on a team, but sadly it's just not ideal to pair them in a starting lineup.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Wretch said:

This just makes sense and many of us have been expecting it for some time now...while holding out hope that they could somehow make it work.  Clint and JC are such good guys to have on a team, but sadly it's just not ideal to pair them in a starting lineup.

I mean damn... wasn't both of them supposed to be traded last offseason?

Yes.. here it is...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1