• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

17 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

F0F67A51-8B8B-4473-B507-345ACFF19F51.gif.5c289872e873d21faf074c8093579403.gif

Oh you definitely GAF, bird-o. 

8 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I thought the Suns problems were all about CP3?

Seriously though, two games could be bad luck or bad situation. I’d be more than happy to see how he would perform in a similar position with Trae and Quin on his side. 

Who are five other guys that you would rather have who have proven to be clutch in elimination games? It’s easy to pick out the duds who fail to live up to the moment. Who are the best performers when it matters most, and who can do it better than Booker day in and day out to get you there?

What does all this even mean?  We're talking about Booker.  Why you givin' me homework to do, Professor?  5 other guys?  Why not 7?  Why not 10?  Who has time for these hunger games, man?

I like Booker, just think there are fair questions to ask in light of the odd elimination games.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JTB said:

Not to turn this into a Celtics vs Philly thread but since @AHF brought up remarkable stat line….

I just found out from someone that on the official nba report after game 6, the refs admitted to 17 missed errors on the Celtics and 4 missed errors on Philly.

Say what you want but 17 missed errors is not a mistake a professional makes and this is why so many believe these games are fixed.

I don’t think I could handle a report like that if it happened to our hawks in the playoffs especially vs the Celtics who many like myself believe they receive favoritism even on years they are mediocre.

I saw that prior to game 7 too.  Was hoping Philly would step up for Game 7 but it definitely crossed my mind that this may have cost them the series in Game 6.

Longterm solution to ref issues is AI.  I do not subscribe to the line of thought that “ref error and ego trips are just part of the game we need to preserve.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh you definitely GAF, bird-o. 

What does all this even mean?  We're talking about Booker.  Why you givin' me homework to do, Professor?  5 other guys?  Why not 7?  Why not 10?  Who has time for these hunger games, man?

I like Booker, just think there are fair questions to ask in light of the odd elimination games.

Because I said he’s a top five player I’d love to have playing with Trae, maybe top three. 
Jokic, Giannis, Booker…

If we can turn down players for not playing well in the clutch, then who are the ones who have a track record that do play well? 

He did make it to the finals, so I think that should say something. Something more than the Sixers or Hawks can say. Except maybe Kaminsky, who went there with him. 

Re: Duke…Given our current connections with former Fancy Pants University players, I’ve had to come to peace with them once they put a Hawks jersey on. Unless it’s Christian Laettner. I wouldn’t accept him crawling back to the organization in any capacity. Eff that dude. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Diesel said:

Here's where I find some interesting rhetoric with something that has been discussed elsewhere....

Jokic was the previous MVP for the last two seasons.   His teams have lost in the 2nd round and lost in the first round respectively.  In those years, was JOKIC NOT HIM? I'm not disagreeing with you... I believe that he had to do better than 15 points in 38 minutes no matter what.   But I want to see that same standard placed on every league MVP. 

Yeah but both years Jokic was without Murray and last year also missing Porter.   Sixers have largely been full strength.   But yeah this is the year Jokic needs to prove it.  So far he has. 

FYI, tonight will be critical for Houston and I've gotten this information from someone extremely CLOSE to Harden. It doesn't matter who Philly wants to hire, James is a HOU lean but he's willing to give PHI a chance unless tonight goes the Rockets way. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

FYI, tonight will be critical for Houston and I've gotten this information from someone extremely CLOSE to Harden. It doesn't matter who Philly wants to hire, James is a HOU lean but he's willing to give PHI a chance unless tonight goes the Rockets way. 

Bullcrap!

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

willing to give PHI a chance

Willing to give them a chance by seeing who they hire as coach?

13 minutes ago, akay said:

Willing to give them a chance by seeing who they hire as coach?

Their overall process but man, tonight could just say f*** the entire process. So Philly is on pens and needles because if James is gone, so is Embiid. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Bullcrap!

You do realize I live about 5 minutes driving time from James Harden and we live within the same community. You should take what I am saying as law. This is from someone extremely close to him 

Just another FYI, while Atlanta is not talking about trading anyone at least publicly, JC and Capela are both are the Christmas list for Houston. 

Houston is not planning on tanking next year. At all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Their overall process but man, tonight could just say f*** the entire process. So Philly is on pens and needles because if James is gone, so is Embiid. 

But how is Embiid gone?  I can't see Philly giving him up willingly.  Is he going to demand a trade?

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Just another FYI, while Atlanta is not talking about trading anyone at least publicly, JC and Capela are both are the Christmas list for Houston. 

Houston is not planning on tanking next year. At all. 

Is this dependent on how the lottery goes, or regardless of how the lottery and/or Harden goes?

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But how is Embiid gone?  I can't see Philly giving him up willingly.  Is he going to demand a trade?

Bruh do you not watch the NBA?

These players leave when they want and go where they want. If Embiid ants to leave, he is out.

• Like 1