• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

As our insiders have mentioned several times…Hawks are invested in trying to see what can be done to get Jaylen Brown but honestly with the Celtics now potentially making history in this ECF and a huge possibility back to the finals….

those talks are going to be tougher. Celtics win a championship this year then they may proceed with giving jaylen a max deal.

I only thought if the Celtics lose then they’d really be 50/50 on the max deal for brown.

It’s a long shot honestly. I don’t need insider info to understand that. This can go two separate ways based on the game 7.

True but how much of this is jaylen and how much of this is Miami injuries.  All this talk of some big adjustments the Celtics figured out , bs they know how to beat the heat and vice versa adjust.ents have been made at this point, effort on def and shots going in 

So if everyone was convinced the Cs would deal Jaylen after they lost to the Heat. 
But now that the tables are turning, I haven’t heard anyone mention who the Heat will be trading when they lose to the Cs. 
Who you got? Haslem? Cody Zeller? Kevin Love?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

So if everyone was convinced the Cs would deal Jaylen after they lost to the Heat. 
But now that the tables are turning, I haven’t heard anyone mention who the Heat will be trading when they lose to the Cs. 
Who you got? Haslem? Cody Zeller? Kevin Love?

Maybe we can snag Adebayo for Bruno or meth-Bogi, since Bam is being proven to be overrated yet again.

🙂

• Like 1

@Dean Walker

Yeah I would say that but with this CBA I dont know anymore.  That is the reason why you are hearing so many big name might be moving.  If Boston does max them both out, so who are they going to bring in?  Right now, it is just watercooler talk and if anybody take this seriously, just need to chill.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thecampster said:

When Quinn came in, almost every player bought in immediately with the exception of Dre. Dre saw himself as a defensive stopper, ultimate team guy. Quinn's coaching was about recovery, that offense is best played when its a 5 v 1 game and so too defense can be played in a similar dance.  Dre was by far the most lock in to 1 player type of a player and would ignore most other parts of defense (dig downs, quick doubles, cheating, anticipating the shot to get in position for a rebound, etc). Dre was coached up on making defense easier and he took it personal.  But it was made to seem like a much bigger thing to me that it really was. 

On this topic (and it showed on the floor), Trae bought in immediately and practiced it. Specifically helping with quick doubles, dig downs and anticipating passes not to his man but within reach to disrupt.  We saw his "pest" factor jump substantially under Quinn and right away.  Dre was slow to buy in because it was counter to the good man  and switch defense he'd learned his whole career. Felt singled out.  But the rift was significantly smaller than I was originally told and why it never made it to the board. It was just an example.

Interesting info here….but I bet Hunter just need the off season to fully buy in. If he doesn’t that would be a huge surprise…Dre is the last starter I thought would have any issues with Synder…and I don’t mean personal but style issues.

One interesting thing I heard but didn't discuss with anyone is that Quinn has learned from his few failures in Utah, specifically over reliance on Gobert for interior D and ignoring his deficiencies guarding centers with range. It wasn't just Gobert didn't guard the perimeter well but that when he drifted out to guard his man, they had little else inside.

He also feels he over-relied on Mitchell offensively. He'd like more movement, more pick n rolls (one of the reasons the Hawks job appealed to him), more diversity offensively. The phrase thrown around (and you may hear in the media soon) is "3 level scoring".  Being able to score 10 feet in, 10-22 and 22+ with equal efficiency.

This is really interesting…. While all this makes obvious sense it tells me a few things from the outside looking in.

- Quinn loves both Trae and Murray. They have offensive ability but they also are fully bought in on the defensive change.

-Quinn would be in love with OO if he can get his jumper to be consistent from the outside. OO can then be our 5 for years to come. I think it’s a no brained that OO is going to be our primary big man defender going forward.

- Quinn may actually consider playing Collins at the 5 a lot more IF we keep him. 

- Capela is a sure goner. Doesn’t fit what Quinn wants to build or only offers some of what he’s looking for.

- Hunter may end up splitting a lot more time at both the 3 & 4 if not apart of bigger trade.

- the player that Quinn is looking for ultimately at the 5 is Al Horford like and honestly…..that’s a problem because that center isn’t really available. 

Overall I believe the entire front court is being looked at and analyzed. OO to me Sounds like the only sure keeper right now.

• Like 1

The Dre thing was/is hard to swallow because he should get the sequel to Everybody Loves Raymond called "The World Loves Dre".  Dre loves everyone and has a reputation of being extremely easy to coach.

I think so too but on the flip side…the FO has to be hearing some really great offers IF Hunter, Collins, Capela is being offered in any trade.

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Interesting info here….but I bet Hunter just need the off season to fully buy in. If he doesn’t that would be a huge surprise…Dre is the last starter I thought would have any issues with Synder…and I don’t mean personal but style issues.

This is really interesting…. While all this makes obvious sense it tells me a few things from the outside looking in.

- Quinn loves both Trae and Murray. They have offensive ability but they also are fully bought in on the defensive change.

-Quinn would be in love with OO if he can get his jumper to be consistent from the outside. OO can then be our 5 for years to come. I think it’s a no brained that OO is going to be our primary big man defender going forward.

- Quinn may actually consider playing Collins at the 5 a lot more IF we keep him. 

- Capela is a sure goner. Doesn’t fit what Quinn wants to build or only offers some of what he’s looking for.

- Hunter may end up splitting a lot more time at both the 3 & 4 if not apart of bigger trade.

- the player that Quinn is looking for ultimately at the 5 is Al Horford like and honestly…..that’s a problem because that center isn’t really available. 

Overall I believe the entire front court is being looked at and analyzed. OO to me Sounds like the only sure keeper right now.

This makes Derek Lively a very intriguing prospect for Atlanta.  

I definitely agree with you.  Quin wants a big that can defend on the perimeter and defend multiple positions.  If they bring rim protection, then that’s a bonus.  Definitely similar to what Al Horford brought to Bud’s defense in Atlanta 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This makes Derek Lively a very intriguing prospect for Atlanta.  

I definitely agree with you.  Quin wants a big that can defend on the perimeter and defend multiple positions.  If they bring rim protection, then that’s a bonus.  Definitely similar to what Al Horford brought to Bud’s defense in Atlanta 

I’m glad @thecampster shared this latest info because it gives me a better understanding of how things may be approached this off season.

Looking at the center position…i think it’s obvious Snyder is not looking for traditionally sized centers because most of the centers who are available or will be cannot truly defend the paint and the perimeter. So if that’s the case & the main goal of center is all around defense at all levels…then these guys shouldn’t be considered…

- Ayton

- Vucevic

- Lopez

- Capela

….that list goes on. The best fit would be Al Horford but then after that your best fit is a center who’s in a true 4 (power forward) body frame like OO. So I personally think the center position has already been figured out and OO has the job to lose. 
Unfortunately he can’t spread the floor right now but we’ve seen what a good shooting coach can do from the bud tree in the past and we finally got another good coaching staff in place.

From my own perspective I’m more focused on the 3 & 4 positions now and looking for possible upgrades there. I like this trade overall for us.

image.thumb.png.ab58b9b0865a7f98d16acadf5b5f1826.png

I think if we can get Sengun we should do it. Any deal that includes Sengun from the rockets is a plus for us.  He can’t defend the perimeter but if OO develops a jump shot at some point in his career…I’d love to see a OO & Sengun front court in the future.

I think Pascal has a lot left in the tank and he just need the offensive pressure off of him again which Trae & Murray will do for him. And OG is better offensively than Hunter hands down with good defense overall . 

The goal of this trade would be to keep Pascal for one season and if it all goes well maybe he can give us a team friendly deal.

im not big on Derek Lively…no clue why. I would just try to trade the pick I don’t like our options for where we are picking this year.

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m glad @thecampster shared this latest info because it gives me a better understanding of how things may be approached this off season.

Looking at the center position…i think it’s obvious Snyder is not looking for traditionally sized centers because most of the centers who are available or will be cannot truly defend the paint and the perimeter. So if that’s the case & the main goal of center is all around defense at all levels…then these guys shouldn’t be considered…

- Ayton

- Vucevic

- Lopez

- Capela

….that list goes on. The best fit would be Al Horford but then after that your best fit is a center who’s in a true 4 (power forward) body frame like OO. So I personally think the center position has already been figured out and OO has the job to lose. 
Unfortunately he can’t spread the floor right now but we’ve seen what a good shooting coach can do from the bud tree in the past and we finally got another good coaching staff in place.

From my own perspective I’m more focused on the 3 & 4 positions now and looking for possible upgrades there. I like this trade overall for us.

image.thumb.png.ab58b9b0865a7f98d16acadf5b5f1826.png

I think if we can get Sengun we should do it. Any deal that includes Sengun from the rockets is a plus for us.  He can’t defend the perimeter but if OO develops a jump shot at some point in his career…I’d love to see a OO & Sengun front court in the future.

I think Pascal has a lot left in the tank and he just need the offensive pressure off of him again which Trae & Murray will do for him. And OG is better offensively than Hunter hands down with good defense overall . 

The goal of this trade would be to keep Pascal for one season and if it all goes well maybe he can give us a team friendly deal.

im not big on Derek Lively…no clue why. I would just try to trade the pick I don’t like our options for where we are picking this year.

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/breaking-down-dukes-dereck-lively-ii#:~:text=Amongst all centers in college,a ridiculous 12.7 block percentage.

Amongst all centers in college basketball, Lively is the best defensive prospect. He’s a special rim protector that averages 2.4 blocks in 20.6 minutes per game with a ridiculous 12.7 block percentage. His shot-blocking statistics closely resembles Anthony Davis out of Kentucky and Jaren Jackson Jr out of Michigan State when they were both freshman in college.

Standing at 7-foot-1 with a ridiculous 7-foot-8 wingspan, he has ridiculous measurables with mobility and great defensive instincts. Out of a 156 prospects eligible for the 2023 NBA draft on my measurement sheet, Lively has the second longest wingspan as he’s only behind Wembanyama. Outside of his elite rim protection, he has shown the ability to step out onto the perimeter and defend in space late into the shot clock.