• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, georgia said:

We’d have to be drunk to make that trade.   The Fischer article says that we discussed Hunter to the Pacers at the deadline for Duerte and picks

There's not enough hot, sticky, foamy vomit in the world to express how sick this supposed trade idea makes my stomach.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

hot, sticky, foamy

Sounds bad. But not the absolute worst since you didn't go the route of the watery reeking stuff with solid undigested projectiles... that's the worst.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Dean Walker said:

Speaking of vomit... grossly misleading tweet.

Fischer's report mentions that as one example of what DAL has proposed, but then finishes the sentence...

"...sources said, although those talks do not appear to have progressed at this time."

• Confused 1

"Discussed."  This means that the two teams have had casual conversastions about a deal.  I'll bet that this happens every day.  Two NBA dudes get on the phone and go over who they have and who they would like to have.  Sooner or later something clicks for both parties and we have a deal.

🧑‍🔧

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Speaking of vomit... grossly misleading tweet.

Fischer's report mentions that as one example of what DAL has proposed, but then finishes the sentence...

"...sources said, although those talks do not appear to have progressed at this time."

I hate nba media.  Just a license to make shart up but add some disclaimers at the end so folks think you actually have substance. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

I don't mind it.   Could be a really good prospect at #10 and maybe it's time to hand the starting PF reigns over to JJ and let him really grow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean Walker said:

Not sure the salaries work, but the idea is the right one. Brings my guy Cason Wallace or Hendricks in to play, and maybe one of the forwards in the top-10. Saves some money(16 mill for 3 yrs vs. 23.5 for 4 yrs) and frees up playing time for young guys...

And I think he'd be alot better under Quinn than dumbass J. Kidd.. lol.

Quin needs shooting in his lineups..And dude still shot 39% from 3 last season and 40% for his career.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Not sure what you mean by this.  Dallas has the #10 and we have the #15, correct?  Color me skeptical given how garbage Bertans has been and the fact that he will be making $17M next year.  This saves us money but not THAT much.  It is hard to think we'd give up a starter for a guy playing 10.9 mpg last year to save a few dollars and move up 5 spots.

Yeah i wouldn't do that deal either at all.  If anything i would do something like Bertans and 10 for Capela while we keep the 15.  They get a good solid center and we take on Bertans that can be stretched for cap space if im not mistaken.  Would need to look into his contract but i remember something easier to handle with it ppl were talking about.   But for our troubles we get a good lotto pick back to pair with 15.   We could then use both of those picks to either trade for a player we need or move up into the top 6 or 7 for a player we really really want that might drop.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Bertans that can be stretched for cap space if im not mistaken

Bertans is set to make $17 million next season, $16 million the next with $5 million guaranteed.

For stretching it will be $17+$5 million, divided by 5 years which will be a $4.4 million in dead cap for the next 5 years. 

For a team with projected Luxury Tax implications in the coming years, I'm not interested in $4.4 million in dead money for 5 years.

If we have interest in such a trade, Just take the $17 mil cap hit this year (save $3 million) and the $5 mil next year or use his contract similar to Gallo as salary ballast in a trade as an expiring.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, terrell said:

Saves some money(16 mill for 3 yrs vs. 23.5 for 4 yrs)

Yeah. But Tony's happy to pay tax, so.

Seriously tho.... this is what worries me about that report... that the very first trade rumor that arises is one in which Tony's team takes a lesser talent for 23-24, and voila' ... we're right back on the hamster wheel, hoping for some rookie to break through for us... year... after year.... after year... after year.

Not sure I'm willing to do this any longer. I'm kinda enjoying all this extra time discovered as a consequence of baseball being replaced by Manfredball. It's a consumer entertainment choice, and if I'm being frustrated more than I'm being entertained, what the hell?

• Like 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Yeah i wouldn't do that deal either at all.  If anything i would do something like Bertans and 10 for Capela while we keep the 15.  They get a good solid center and we take on Bertans that can be stretched for cap space if im not mistaken.  Would need to look into his contract but i remember something easier to handle with it ppl were talking about.   But for our troubles we get a good lotto pick back to pair with 15.   We could then use both of those picks to either trade for a player we need or move up into the top 6 or 7 for a player we really really want that might drop.

Agree.  They should be attaching a pick to dump Bertans salary not expecting a near lottery pick and a starter worthy player for taking his toxic contract.  5 spots in the draft doesn't make up for this from a pure trade value perspective.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is the silly season for trade speculation. I do agree with campster's previous report a few weeks back that the FO is more likely to trade the #15 pick with a veteran to try and upgrade. It jives with what I've heard from both my hawks sources and my Twolf source

I do believe at least one of front court starters will be gone before next seasons starts in a trade. Capela and Collins are getting the most serious trade offers. 

All we wanna know is if there's any movement on your collectibles. 😉

Also, on the bolded, git me Naz.  That is all.

• Haha 2

Still holding on to that slim hope we draft that center from Duke.  This would be extra nice if we plan on Capela being traded.  Or any of the other two for that matter.  A young center on a rookie contract that plays some defense, blocks a few shots and scores occasionally.  

I've heard that the draft is a week from today.  Is this correct?  Who we keep or don't keep or who we trade for will have a influence on who we draft.  Heck, we may just trade our draft picks and two or three starters for someone's discards!!  You know how these rumors are.

😉

• Like 1