• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, do we know that?

I don't know if we will see the same offense this year that we have seen.   Which is why I'm not so quick to move JC.   However, if we do move JC, it's probably a money move. 

Honestly, nothing will surprise me.

Quin praised his assistants over and over and over again, and actually got some of us thinking it was plausible he might stick with one or two.

hehe

Well, turned out, he was mainly being complimentary probably because he knew all these guys would be job hunting, and his heart made him promote them to the nth degree.

So, when I say, Quin praised John over and over and over again...

Yeah, I'm wary.

Now, truth, he pretty much praised everyone at some point, and all of us would be surprised to see him accept gutting the roster.

But in the choice between John and Clint, John statistically is almost indistinguishable from a favorite around here the last week or so... KP. I love both JC and CC, but in the economy that is the NBA, there's a reason JC is paid more... he brings a toolbox that is deeper and wider, and harder to replace.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

The Jake Fischer rumor literally just came out today and goes along with what Supes rumored a “month and a half” ago. 

1. Did I say I doubted Supes intel back when he relayed it? Nope, nope, nope. Sure dint.

2. Did I say I doubted Fischer's report? Nope, nope. To the contrary, muah would be the one of the two of us who is citing Fischer's exact report, not some short-armed version that makes you get the dopamine rush you're apparently desperate for.

It's called cherry picking. You gleefully encouraged everyone to remember Fischer's worth listening to... as you should... but then  you don't want them to take that too far and listen to every word... just the words you like.... hehe.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20230615_202052_Samsung Internet.jpg

The more suitors the better.

Hey people. Be discerning please. It's the silly season. And it's the season that we learn who's reliable and who's not... no shortage of wanna-bes entering the arena hoping to hit on one or more rumors they heard through "credible" contacts. That's why they call it the silly season, by the way.

Evan? Evan who?

Oh. The Evan who describes himself on Twitter as... Credentialed NBA reporter for hire...?

That can't be good.

Oh, but look, he's previously published with Forbes. Which is great except that if you're in the know, you know that Forbes online is effectively more like a temp agency for writers. Anyone can plausibly write for Forbes. SBNation? Worse, that's a pure blogger site as far as I've ever been aware... no one's paid except for the highest higher ups who run it. BasketballNews, though, I've been led to believe has paid full-time writers... so who knows, maybe he's going to prove to be legit.

All I'm sayin... silly season... discernment... three words that go together.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sturt said:

It's called cherry picking. You gleefully encouraged everyone to remember Fischer's worth listening to... as you should... but then  you don't want them to take that too far and listen to every word... just the words you like.... hehe.

I assume this is what you're referring to -

24 minutes ago, sturt said:

"here's an example of what DAL and ATL discussed and/but that discussion went nowhere"...

you (also) should probably listen.

Agreed...?

(Of course not.... hehe)

Of course they're saying it didn't really go anywhere. What do you expect them to say when the whole trade probably revolves around if our guy is there at 10 when Dallas is on the clock?

And when did we decide we can't discuss rumors and give our opinions on them in a thread that IS LITERALLY ALL ABOUT RUMORS?

So, again I ask you, Mr. Captain Post Police -

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

It’s the middle of June. There’s no basketball or football on tv and we’re a week away from the draft and this is a draft rumor. What would you rather we discuss?

Men’s fragrances? Because I’ve seen and contributed to that topic already today. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, sturt said:

Honestly, nothing will surprise me.

Quin praised his assistants over and over and over again, and actually got some of us thinking it was plausible he might stick with one or two.

Well I think both things can be true.  He could have been pleased with the assistants... but at the same time, they were not his guys. 

It's a great guy who gives you public praise so that you can get another job.. even if he knows that your next job is not with him. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Of course they're saying it didn't really go anywhere. What do you expect them to say when the whole trade probably revolves around if our guy is there at 10 when Dallas is on the clock?

They?

Don't try to play word shell games with me, my friend. I'm not an attorney but I play one on Hawksquawk.

(hehe)

Who is this "they" that are so concerned to be misleading? Isn't this Jake Fischer's report? What possible motive would he have to report it... but then... say in effect "but nah, it's not happening" as-if he personally has incentive to throw people off the track...ie, the track he  just put out there.

Now c'mon. This is getting too important to you. Sobriety is good. Take the good. And the bad.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Well I think both things can be true.  He could have been pleased with the assistants... but at the same time, they were not his guys. 

I do not disagree.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

And when did we decide we can't discuss rumors and give our opinions on them in a thread that IS LITERALLY ALL ABOUT RUMORS?

Hey, you get to post everything your heart desires. Free country. Free board.

And yet, I do, too. You get that, right?

So, when I express the proposal, "can we focus on the things that might plausibly be getting discussed rather than some things we've been told by credible sources have been set aside"... something wrong with that?

If so, report me to the mods, and I'll plead guilty.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, when I say, Quin praised John over and over and over again...

Yeah, I'm wary.

This would have some merit if it were not for the fake that While he coached Utah, Utah tried to trade for JC.   It's not like Quin is going to want us to trade for Royce Oneal. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ShooterSays said:

Pretty sure there’s an old saying that no one likes attorneys and lawyers so probably not the best character to try and play.

But I give up. You’re exhausting. Go argue with someone on Real GM. 

Great post. No, really.

Forces me into a corner, and I have to make a decision... do I respond with the same lighthearted tone as when I said I play an attorney on the Squawk... at the risk of seeming trite and mocking you, which I genuinely have no interest in conveying...

Or do I respond with the seriousness of your post, focusing on the person, as opposed to the person's line of logic toward his/her conclusion(s)?... which also seems to risk seeming, well, serious, when in fact, this is just  sports. By definition, it's not serious, it's an entertainment pursuit.

I'd much rather respond to the line of reason and conclusion(s), but there's none of that in your post to give a response... you abandoned the substance of the conversation, and decided your better tack would be to wag your virtual finger and scold me for being me.

Well, okay then. I don't really care to play the personal attack game like I play the substance attack game. It's nothing to me. So, you win. I have no similar scolding for you. But to your criticism of me, I'll just ask and leave it here...

Shooter, do I impress you as someone who has ever cared about being liked? Now c'mon... hehehehe

To the contrary, don't you know I'm exhausting? So why would I care about being liked? Being liked in real life can be important, of course, but being liked online is overrated. It's fine. I don't mind be liked on those occasions when I am. It's just not a priority. But now, I do like to like people... I like to make them feel smart when I read something they've written that's smart. But that's just it, I'm here for good, meaty, rational conversations. If that makes me exhausting, okay. I don't mind if I am, I don't mind if not I'm not. It's not about me to me. I'm just a participant interested in great point-counterpoint discussion if/when that can happen. And if we have a little fun in so doing, all the better... and we do that a lot, but even if we didn't, it's okay.

I get the message, tho. I'll respect your preference and leave you alone to wallow in your dopamine baths from now on.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This would have some merit if it were not for the fake that While he coached Utah, Utah tried to trade for JC.   It's not like Quin is going to want us to trade for Royce Oneal. 

I just think it's an uber-open question who Quin is going to value... and even if he values Player X, is there a non-Hawk out there that another team has offered or will offer that he would value more.

I appreciate the insight that Soth, Supes and Camp have tried to give us in that vein. And it's that insight that's led me to wonder aloud if Bey--who doesn't appear to have the defensive talent that fits what we've been told--could be paired with the #15 in order to deliver a player who is an upgrade behind DeAndre.

I'm completely ignorant, though, about the low post. I know Camp and Soth have said with great confidence that we're going to see changes there, but I just don't know that Quin perceives this alleged JC/CC spacing thing as a dire situation as much of this board does. Maybe if JC gave no reason to believe he was regaining his shot from outside I could swallow it, but that's not the case.

So here's where things get hairy... because if Quin's allowed to have the big hand in moving the chess pieces regardless of payroll, I think this thing ends one way... but if payroll is a consideration, Quin's ideal likely isn't going to happen after all... and that, to me, is a tragic thing if it goes down that way. It communicates that talk is cheap, and that the hamster wheel is okay. And I'm just... well... yeah... exhausted. I might be done here.

Cagey’s inside(her)r :unsure: called and said we MAY or MAY not look into big Naz. Cagey said gimme MO! I NEED MO! 

Naz Reid on future: I would love to stay in Minnesota, but it's a business

i_65_c3_1d_naz-reid.png?w=190

“I don’t really know what to expect,” Reid said. “Everything is coming left and right and it’s just like, I don’t know, I’m ready for the time to come, because I don’t know what to expect. I definitely would love to stay back in Minnesota, for sure. But it’s a business and everything has to play out for both parties.”

• Like 1

Is this legit? 

Jake Fischer of Yahoo! reports that the Pacers actually tried to acquire De’Andre Hunter at last year’s deadline in exchange for Chris Duarte and draft capital.

Indiana explored trade scenarios for OG Anunoby and the concept of sending Chris Duarte plus draft capital to Atlanta for De’Andre Hunter during February’s trade deadline, sources told Yahoo Sports

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Pretty sure there’s an old saying that no one likes attorneys and lawyers so probably not the best character to try and play.

But I give up. You’re exhausting. Go argue with someone on Real GM. 

No I think the saying is "everyone hates lawyers until they need one".

also attorneys and lawyers are the same thing, no need to list them both.