• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

3 hours ago, JTB said:

I’m stuck on the Zion Williamson rumor.

lol I know I know he’s too risky. But, but, but what if it’s a blessing in disguise for our hawks and suddenly we get a young healthy version of Zion???

what would it take to make anyone gamble on bringing or trading for Zion Williamson? 

- new medical staff ? 
- deeper roster ?

what if Stan Gundys conversation with Coach K was right and the best way to keep zion healthy is full scrimmages in practice and allowing him to actually play in the games instead of listening to the doctors about him not being healthy enough to play?…maybe zion ass just need to simply play and not be held back for every little medical issue he may have.

I'm telling you there's a lot of fire where that smoke is, concerning Zion.  The Pelicans played it way too cautious with him, for fear of losing him for a significant time, which happened anyway.  Now, I believe, he doesn't even want to be around the franchise.  And the Pelicans are way too hands off with him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

But the question is what does Washington wants from us besides able bodies?

Travis likes his draft picks.

I don’t see him making big extensions until he has his centerpiece (like Trae). Guys like Dennis and Prince who had value he traded for picks.

13 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Guys like Dennis and Prince who had value he traded for picks.

I hate to clutter this mug with even more words... but Dennis didn't really have value. We were given that fake 1st from OKC to take on Melo's contract to save them from cap hell so we could buy it out and tank. 

You are correct on Prince though. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

I'm still fully on the Zion trade train. The kid is a star and just needs to play basketball. 

Yup that’s what I’m somewhat believing now.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

But his body won't let him, even if he was fully committed.  That's not gonna change with a change of scenery.  Sad, true. 

Even if his body doesn’t change appearance wise. Playing is the main concern and as long as he has great impact, I don’t see if he’s as wide as Shaq or as then that Victor W.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm telling you there's a lot of fire where that smoke is, concerning Zion.  The Pelicans played it way too cautious with him, for fear of losing him for a significant time, which happened anyway.  Now, I believe, he doesn't even want to be around the franchise.  And the Pelicans are way too hands off with him.

I believe it. I think there’s a chance the team who takes a chance (risk) on him will have a great benefit . 

43 minutes ago, JTB said:

Even if his body doesn’t change appearance wise. Playing is the main concern and as long as he has great impact, I don’t see if he’s as wide as Shaq or as then that Victor W.

I'm not explaining myself well.  Even if he gets down to 0% body fat, I don't think he'll have a long career.

Ligaments don't care if it's 300lbs of fat or muscle.  They're not meant to hold up under the kind of pressure his playing style puts on them.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, sturt said:

I just think this is so absent of any historical context. The evolution of the stretch 5 is a very recent phenomenon, and at that, it's such a limited number of players capable of filling that role... and yet, teams without stretch 5s have had legitimate and sustained success even in the era where the NBA has some of those. 5s that can rebound and score put-backs have been tremendous assets, even back when 4s weren't so typically able to shoot from the arc.

Even if we accept your assertion that JC's best offensive talent is X... that doesn't preclude that T, U, V, W, Y and Z are good tools in the tool belt to have from your 4.

And. JC took those shots because he's supposed to take open shots... Quin said it over and over again, and maybe Nate did, too (I don't recall)... if you're open, we need you to shoot it. And teams used that to our disadvantage because he truly struggled, of course.

And and. Again. Defense. I think almost all the attention gets directed to offense, but it's defense... ie, how JC's defense compares to whoever would be projected as his replacement... that I'm inclined to believe will determine whether he's dealt.

None of this contradicts anything in my post.  He is being suboptimally used in the abstract but the only way he can be with us.  

Imagine a team where Trae wasn’t the primary playmaker and didn’t pass the ball because someone else did that and they couldn’t score effectively so all he did was score.  That is like what JC does for us.  Trae’s best tool is his passing but it isn’t his only tool.  JC’s best is rolling to the basket and attacking the rim.  It isn’t his only tool.  But it makes sense why some other teams might think they can get more out of him than we are.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm not explaining myself well.  Even if he gets down to 0% body fat, I don't think he'll have a long career.

Ligaments don't care if it's 300lbs of fat or muscle.  They're not meant to hold up under the kind of pressure his playing style puts on them.

Players always say it's not going up that's the problem. It's coming down. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Per Shams, sounds like Beal is down to PHX or MIA.  Tells me the 'value' for WAS is simply getting off that ridiculous contract.  I can't say I blame them.  But the return asset and player-wise is gonna be paltry. 

Part of the issue is that he has a rare no trade clause, which gives him tremendous leverage. He can veto any trade. 

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Part of the issue is that he has a rare no trade clause, which gives him tremendous leverage. He can veto any trade. 

If I'm them, i sit him at home.  That's the only leverage the team has left, if they handle it right. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Wizards blowing it up makes total sense. It is just like a Travis move as well. I can see him trading with the Hawks. He isn't someone to hold grudges. Actually it makes me more inclined to think Alt/Was trades could happen because of Travis. 

I'd rather have KP than Zion. I have zero faith in Zion. Everyone said he was a better Grandmama. Please. He is nowhere near the player LJ was. LJ's body broke down on him eventually because of his strong he was and the beating he took in the low post. Zion's body is already broken down from doughnuts and the beating he takes from junk food. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2