• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There is a rumor about a pick swap trade between Portland and Washington for KP

Win for the Wiz.. 

If they get Scoot out of this...................... Blazers fans are gonna be pissed.. lol

They dont have the best history with BIG men with injury concerns...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, thecampster said:

A pairing of Porzingas with Trae is about as perfect a pairing as you can get,

I don’t see it. I don’t like it. Mainly because the Zinger is gonna be injury plagued moving forward. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

If we wind up with three 1st round picks, wow!  This would be great!

I’m sorry I don’t get how that’s great. I mean, we want to add 3 first round picks to OO, JJ, AJ? Trae is ready. I say get vets and get a ring now.

Let’s say the 3 first round picks are really good, how many years would it take for them to be ready.

I’m in favor of Hawks getting vets now. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The only time you want three first rounders is in a straight up rebuild situation. We are not that. We already made one big trade last year for DJM. Now we need to make another one to stabilize the front court. I agree that coming away with three first round picks would be a recipe for disaster. 

Three in one draft just wouldn’t make sense for a lot of reasons but I could see us trying to replenish picks for future drafts to keep a stream of cheaper contracts coming.  Problem is we dont have assets that really demand first rounders outside of maybe CC but feels like we should want quality players, not picks

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Three in one draft just wouldn’t make sense for a lot of reasons but I could see us trying to replenish picks for future drafts to keep a stream of cheaper contracts coming.  Problem is we dont have assets that really demand first rounders outside of maybe CC but feels like we should want quality players, not picks

The problem is that our standing isn't in the place where we have time to develop a 1st round pick.  If we go the get Draft picks again, I believe it signals the end of the Trae Young era.  People feel like we lost something because we traded picks for DJM.   I feel that it was a good move because at this time we've had our Cam's and Hunters, We have had our Kevs ad Collins.  We've had our JJs and AJs and OOs.    The draft is just a merry go round for teams that are not seriously trying to win a chip.   I don't want that to be our description. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having three draft picks does not mean we flushed all of our starters.  

Draft picks are $$$ money.  If we have three it doesn't mean we keep three and draft three more.  It means that we have been busy and that we will continue to be busy.  When you go shopping you need $$$ money to pay for what you purchase.  When you have no $$$ money you window shop and wish.  Having $$$ money in your pocket means that you can get what you want.

Building the team you want is a process.  It is not done in a day or a week.  It takes time.  The draft is one step in that process.  If having three picks happen, this means we have made moves in the process, not the end of the process.

:smug:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

The problem is that our standing isn't in the place where we have time to develop a 1st round pick.  If we go the get Draft picks again, I believe it signals the end of the Trae Young era.  People feel like we lost something because we traded picks for DJM.   I feel that it was a good move because at this time we've had our Cam's and Hunters, We have had our Kevs ad Collins.  We've had our JJs and AJs and OOs.    The draft is just a merry go round for teams that are not seriously trying to win a chip.   I don't want that to be our description. 

You can get starters and rotation players from the draft.  Look at Keegan Murray and Kessler.  AJ was immediately able to contribute for us as well.  
Three first rounders is probably not the plan.  Consider last year someone told us we were trading up into the high lottery.  Don’t believe the three firsts talk.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t see it. I don’t like it. Mainly because the Zinger is gonna be injury plagued moving forward. 

I see your point that you can't ignore injury history but I think whenever anyone makes statements like that they are saying "if both are healthy for 82 games, the fit is "x""

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I see your point that you can't ignore injury history but I think whenever anyone makes statements like that they are saying "if both are healthy for 82 games, the fit is "x""

Sure, I get the hypothetical, but even then, Kristaps is the best fit with Trae in the entire league? Not sure about that even in the hypothetical. It’s a good fit for sure, but the best in the league, it’s not. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yeah we agree theres no time to simultaneously develop three first round picks.  Perennially having 2-3 contributors on their rookie scale deals however is a very good way to structure your roster, particularly if you have more than one max player on the payroll.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah we agree theres no time to simultaneously develop three first round picks.  Perennially having 2-3 contributors on their rookie scale deals however is a very good way to structure your roster, particularly if you have more than one max player on the payroll.

The new CBA is so punitive to big spenders. Its going to change things considerably. Golden State would literally have to pay like a billion dollars in tax to keep their roster. I understand the need for competitive balance, but players are the ones who stand to lose if teams are discouraged from spending. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The new CBA is so punitive to big spenders. Its going to change things considerably. Golden State would literally have to pay like a billion dollars in tax to keep their roster. I understand the need for competitive balance, but players are the ones who stand to lose if teams are discouraged from spending. 

Yep, I think ideal roster construction is going to slowly shift towards one max/supermax, two at the most, and solid pieces around those guys.  Overpaying for 2nd rate “stars” is going to be even more punishing 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry I don’t get how that’s great. I mean, we want to add 3 first round picks to OO, JJ, AJ? Trae is ready. I say get vets and get a ring now.

Let’s say the 3 first round picks are really good, how many years would it take for them to be ready.

I’m in favor of Hawks getting vets now. 

Fearsome 4 (rookies) let’s 🏃‍♀️ it back :banjo:

IMG_8336.jpeg

• Haha 4