• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

Just now, SerbianHawk said:

Zion is about to be traded, Hope we have a chance.

I saw that too. Where’s he going? Oh man. 

ps Don’t let cagey see this it’ll upset him early in the morn. 

… you know about wanting us to get him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Capela to Portland or Houston

Hunter to Wiz

Hmm 🤔 

The Dallas Mavericks have recently been linked with the Atlanta Hawks for a trade involving the no. 10 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft. In the trade discussed by the two teams, the Mavs send the pick along with Davis Bertans in exchange for John Collins and the no. 15 pick. However, Dallas apparently has a different player they want from Atlanta: Clint Capela.

I've said all along the Hawks need to trade Clint and keep JC.  Move on to OO at Center with JC backing him up.  That said, I wouldn't do Clint for Davis with the pick swap.  Mavs would get the best player by a significant amount and Hawks would get the best pick, but there isn't that big a difference between 10 and 15 in this draft, imo.  

If they want Clint, either take 15 off the table or add Josh Green in which works money wise.  

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-19-2023_9-11-52AM.thumb.png.c97564af3ca607d5faf00b819eca961d.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The Dallas Mavericks have recently been linked with the Atlanta Hawks for a trade involving the no. 10 pick in the 2023 NBA Draft. In the trade discussed by the two teams, the Mavs send the pick along with Davis Bertans in exchange for John Collins and the no. 15 pick. However, Dallas apparently has a different player they want from Atlanta: Clint Capela.

this has always been a stupid rumor to me. This is such awful value for JC to move up 5 spots and take a toxic contract. I'd rather just flat out gain 1sts for him without taking a toxic contract. 

And I think we'd be quicker to move Clint than JC. That's another part of this "rumor" that doesn't jive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

THE BOSNIAN BEAR 🐻 is on the loose. We gotta grab a thick one and he’s that. His screens are the best.

The Blazers have been focused on moving center Jusuf Nurkic, sources say, and this is the most crucial component in their situation. The Blazers can score, but they have to be able to defend. Lillard can’t effectively get over screens, meaning you need a versatile defensive center next to him.

IDK what his contract looks like, but he wouldn’t be a bad backup if we move OO into the starting 5 role. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Diesel said:

This is crazy talk.

Siakim is not much better than Collins if he is at all.   He can't shoot from distance... and he's making 38 Million in his last yr of his deal.   PASS!!!

There’s no question Saikim is the better player of the two. 
But in a vacuum, he’s not going to be $12 million better for the Hawks if they only move JC and keep Cap. Especially for a team concerned about the luxury tax. 

Now, if they move both JC and Cap, and bring Saikim in to play alongside OO, that would be a much more intriguing scenario. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

Zion is about to be traded, Hope we have a chance.

Not sure if his value is there which makes it a sell low moment (rarely happens) and since when do we believe Bill "I secretly trash the Atlanta Hawks nonstop" Simmons.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Draft and trade talks - Lottery order chatter

San Antonio

Taking Wemby. No real trade talks for now. 

Charlotte

Going through last workouts with Miller and Scoot. No real lean at the moment. Turned down an Ingram offer. Zion hasn't been offered and what I was told, Charlotte wouldn't do it. 

Portland

Considering a blockbuster deal with Washington for KP and are open to moving back and taking Ausar Thompson. I am being told it includes Kispert and Naz Little as well plus pick swaps. Dame is mainly the defacto player in this. He wants to stay in Portland and Portland wants to keep him. They also want to resign Grant. Told they are leaning Miller over Scoot but would take either. I also was told they have interest in Zion if offered but Zion has not been offered. Turned down a Siakam trade. Willing to do a Siakam trade if Toronto could move up in the range of one of the big wings Portland covets but I am told Toronto even if they move into that range are NOT trading that pick for #2 or #3 and would rather pass. 

Houston

I don't have much on the draft front but I do know they have major interest in Capela and or JC. Keep an eye on HOU for trades. They are also targeting FVV. 

Detroit

Nothing really good or new. 

Orlando

They are hot on the FVV front. Open to a move for a stud. Even told they have reached out to Atlanta about Murray but Atlanta has declined. Seems like they will stick at 6/11. 

Indiana

They have reached out to Atlanta about Hunter but Atlanta declined. Really wants OG but Indy wants too much. Seems like they will take the best available big wing. They really like OG but TOR doesn't want to move him unless it's a major gain. 

Washington

Pretty much trying to move up for either Miller or Scoot. Working on a deal right now. 

Utah

Nothing. 

Dallas

Just trying to r**e teams in deals. Reluctant to move from #10 is the best answer I got. They have reached out to Atlanta about Clint and JC but the offers have been underwhelming. 

Oklahoma City

They been linked to more top prospects than anyone else. No one knows. 

Toronto

On a draft front. Big wings and Cason Wallace is the names I've heard linked to them. Lively has even come up. They been really active on the trade market. Especially with OG and Siakam. OG is getting a lot more love as teams dig and I think OG is the one with the max value. The issue is, teams with top picks rather the prospect and teams outside of it who would do it think TOR wants an overpay and aren't interested. Teams also think Siakam is overpriced and his stock is falling bad for that reason. Atlanta reached out about Siakam and OG and was declined for both. 

I don't believe OG will be traded. I am not sure about Siakam but the available suitors are getting smaller and smaller. The FVV market is a different story altogether. All I have is they want to contend. That's TOR goal. 

New Orleans

Zion is the player teams have an interest in but NO been reluctant to move him. They have offered Ingram to CHA but was declined.

Atlanta

I do believe they are more open to a Capela trade than JC trade as the value for Capela is just much better. There are a lot of teams calling about Clint with solid offers. JC is currently being shopped by Atlanta. They have offered him in a number of deals including for Siakam. If I had to bet, I would say Capela will be on another team come June 23.

I can't say the same for JC who might be here for another season. Atlanta sees JC as highly valuable and doesn't see him as a salary dump. I keep saying this but no one tends to listen. Atlanta doesn't mind paying the LT for 2023-24 and isn't looking for salary-cap deals 

Miami

Miami really believes that Dame will be a Heat. Based on what I have gathered, I am not as confident and Dame is reportedly interested in what Portland is trying to do to win around him. 

Brooklyn

Brooklyn and Atlanta have been in serious talks about JC but it will take a lot to get a deal done and I was told, they are both pretty far at this time. 

New York

I've been told NY has a lot of interest in a big wing like OG. Issue is, Toronto don't want to trade him. 

Denver

Congrats Denver for a title win. 

Philadelphia

Interested in trying to get a replacement for Harden. Keep an eye on Embiid. That said, it will take a lot to get him in a trade. Watch for Atlanta, outside of Trae, this is their top target but then again, most teams feel the same way. It's going to take a lot to get him. 

Boston

I am told, they will reluctantly give the supermax to Brown and Tatum.  

Milwaukee

They know they have to pay Lopez and Middleton or else Giannis is gone. 

Damn. I mean, if the Pelican’ts are willing to send Ingram to CHA, how can we jump in the middle of that and send him here instead?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta

I do believe they are more open to a Capela trade than JC trade as the value for Capela is just much better. There are a lot of teams calling about Clint with solid offers. JC is currently being shopped by Atlanta. They have offered him in a number of deals including for Siakam. If I had to bet, I would say Capela will be on another team come June 23.

I can't say the same for JC who might be here for another season. Atlanta sees JC as highly valuable and doesn't see him as a salary dump. I keep saying this but no one tends to listen. Atlanta doesn't mind paying the LT for 2023-24 and isn't looking for salary-cap deals 

This makes sense after last season.  They had a similar decision with Huerter and Bogi.  They traded the guy who had more value.  We made the smart move then, and if Capela brings a good offer you take what the market gives you.  It's not always about your preference.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, JTB said:

Damn so from your point of view the only way to get Siakam is to give up Murray.

lets just say that is the case….if it is I’d rather do a bigger deal of Murray & Capela or Collins (whoever they prefer) for Siakam & OG.

I would not do a Murray for Siakam trade however. I don’t see the improvement in that for us. We can’t put Murray in any deal to Toronto by himself in my opinion. I’d rather just keep Murray.

maybe I’m being stubborn but I think Murray can bring back a better player than Siakam…hell I’d gamble on Zion trading Murray before Siakam.

You guys remember what Siakam did to us, right?

If Murray is dealt for Siakam, Collins is more than likely gone as well.  If that's the case, here is your new Hawks lineup:

PG - Trae - ( need backup PG )

G - Bogi - AJ

F - Hunter - Bey

PF - Siakam - JJ

C - OO - Capela

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Toronto

On a draft front. Big wings and Cason Wallace is the names I've heard linked to them. Lively has even come up. They been really active on the trade market. Especially with OG and Siakam. OG is getting a lot more love as teams dig and I think OG is the one with the max value.

New York

I've been told NY has a lot of interest in a big wing like OG. Issue is, Toronto don't want to trade him

Can both of these be true?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Atlanta doesn't mind paying the LT for 2023-24 and isn't looking for salary-cap deals 

Big, if true.

No. Check that.

Huge, if true. 

Please let it be true. Please please please.