• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

When I was growing up guys like Ayton and Zion were David Robinson and LJ….

Not sure if it’ll materialize. Shame too, they got talent, Ja too, Ben too, what’s with these kids? I know I sound old but it’s almost like they have issues on top of issues and ego issues. 

@kg01 rise and shine. Naz note for ya, maybe we can still get in on it.

Timberwolves want Naz Reid back

i_65_c3_1d_naz-reid.png?w=190

The Timberwolves want him back. That is true from the very top of the organization down through the front office and coaching staff. Taylor, Marc and Rodriguez are all on board with trying to get Naz Reid back, sources told The Athletic. The discussions on a contract have gone on all season and will continue. It has gotten to the point where free agency is so close that Reid almost has to dip his toe in the water to see where the market is before he makes a decision. But the Wolves are very much alive in this situation, which was made even clearer by his presence at the practice facility on Monday.

I’m wondering if Portland flat out trades #3 to Minny for KAT. 

What would a Dame/KAT pairing look like? Enough for Dame to wanna stay?

Wolves gotta pay Gobert so it makes sense to get off the KAT 💰 cuz they got Ant 🐜 coming to pay later again.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

When I was growing up guys like Ayton and Zion were David Robinson and LJ….

Not sure if it’ll materialize. Shame too, they got talent, Ja too, Ben too, what’s with these kids? I know I sound old but it’s almost like they have issues on top of issues and ego issues. 

I'm sure there were players like this then too. It's all about getting paid. They're good at basketball, but they aren't passionate about it. If Ayton and Zion weren't as expensive as they are, they would be viewed differently, but they're paid to be a 1 or 2 option and they aren't.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, BangHolman said:

I'm sure there were players like this then too. It's all about getting paid. They're good at basketball, but they aren't passionate about it. If Ayton and Zion weren't as expensive as they are, they would be viewed differently, but they're paid to be a 1 or 2 option and they aren't.

Exactly why I’m not thrilled to get either

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Exactly why I’m not thrilled to get either

Ya I need a bit of heart. Worried about what’s inside. I can’t watch my top player on the bench in street clothes it’s just sad.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Which one of you is Joshua Buckhalter? That dude be one of us I’m sure.

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2023/06/20/hawks-conversations-trade-suns-ayton-mavericks/

Oh god it’s not Braaaaaaaaaaad Row row row your boat 🚤 outta here is it? It’s one of his disciples? 🤔 

That trade gets a HELL NO 🤢🤮

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2023/06/20/hawks-conversations-trade-suns-ayton-mavericks/

Oh god it’s not Braaaaaaaaaaad Row row row your boat 🚤 outta here is it? It’s one of his disciples? 🤔 

I think it was about 13 years or so ago, but Jason Walker and Kris Willis got me to manage the Soaring Down South blog.  I did it for a while, but with me being residency at that time along with my wife having our first child, I just didn't have time to keep doing it.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya'll don't have to worry about a deal this f***ing awful

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think it was about 13 years or so ago, but Jason Walker and Kris Willis got me to manage the Soaring Down South blog.  I did it for a while, but with me being residency at that time along with my wife having our first child, I just didn't have time to keep doing it.  

Ya Hawksfanatic Bob was trying to turn me into a cap expert but I couldn’t handle it so he mentored @JayBirdHawk straight to the top instead!

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll don't have to worry about a deal this f***ing awful

But he’s like the only columnist that I can stand their face. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

It isn't that big a deal bro seriously. I've got people IRl here in Columbus who call me Soth, Sothy or Sothron and they know my name, they know Mrs. Sothron and yes we're friends. It is all good. I'd love to hang out with you again. Its been too long!

Oh it's a big deal ... soth

I'm gonna set up a squawk meet-up with @Spud2nique , Consuela, @hazer, @macdaddyand a select few others.  @JayBirdHawk isn't eligible, but im thinking she wont be too upset about that.

It's gonna be epic.  It will be too much for Ja Warrant and Zion to handle.  Lemme know if you want in but don't tell Mrs. Soth. 🤫

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

but im thinking she wont be too upset about that.

:sarcastic:

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

I’d hang up the phone unless it’s netting us an all-NBA player and I doubt that’s the case. 

Why is JJ so valued by us? Is he gonna break out? 

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Who all went to the first? My invitation must have been lost in the mail. 

I didn't go either Spud....

But I do remember that time when Gearon came on the squawk and offered a discount on lower level seats to the squawkers for enduring the Joe Johnson fiasco. 

I sat next to Lascar, who I haven't seen around here in over a decade. Anyone know what happened to him?

• Like 1