• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

More

Diesel, sorry, but you win by default.... best friend's having a big birthday bash today, and I've got 3 hours of driving in front of me. Enjoy.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

John Collins main problem seems to be Clint Capela.  Apparently they just don't fit together well. 

That's what people like to say anyway. I'll give you that.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Pascal of late has not been all that. Sorry. Waaaaay overrated. Not interested in anything close to the asking prices discussed here. We wouldn't be getting the championship ring version of Pascal.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, shakes said:

I judge the winner solely on the criteria of size of post.  I say size because I have to eyeball it cause there's no way I'm reading any of that crap.    

I'm doing based on how many scrolling swipes I do on my phone , I think sturt in the lead now with 8

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Sturt vs Diesel word battle is epic.

Its definitely... something. 

1 hour ago, BangHolman said:

JC, OO, and 15 is probably the most realistic 

Only way I'm giving up all that for Siakim is if he's bringing prime, healthy Kawhi with him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I'm still fully on the Zion trade train. The kid is a star and just needs to play basketball

But his body won't let him, even if he was fully committed.  That's not gonna change with a change of scenery.  Sad, true. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll pass.

Pascal's UFA status is problematic (along with DJ in the same off season) forcing the Hawks to overpay to keep him.

He's making $37.8 million next season, even an extension at 140% is $52 million.

[Editing: Correction: His max extension is just the regular veteran extension of $43 million since he doesn't meet the Designated Max requirements]

What if Hawks aren’t interested in that number and he walks?

....and it's not like Siakam shoots it well from 3 so I don't like the pairing with CC.

Edited salary. 

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m stuck on the Zion Williamson rumor.

lol I know I know he’s too risky. But, but, but what if it’s a blessing in disguise for our hawks and suddenly we get a young healthy version of Zion???

what would it take to make anyone gamble on bringing or trading for Zion Williamson? 

- new medical staff ? 
- deeper roster ?

what if Stan Gundys conversation with Coach K was right and the best way to keep zion healthy is full scrimmages in practice and allowing him to actually play in the games instead of listening to the doctors about him not being healthy enough to play?…maybe zion ass just need to simply play and not be held back for every little medical issue he may have.

SVG's comments about 'analytics interfering with players playing' is something he says about every team.  It has nothing to do with zion, thus I don't think he's 'onto something' there.  Just my biased opinion. 

8 hours ago, sturt said:

Now, having said that, who is Mark Schindler, and why should I care what he thinks... as Brad evidently thinks I should. I watched about 3 minutes of the YT video, but quickly became persuaded that, if anything, Schindler should be interviewing Brad for his insight into Hawkdom.

Could it be the podcast craze has spread too thin what it takes to be considered an "expert?" Dunno. But seems a worthy theory for someone looking for a dissertation to write.

I don't listen to the majority of the Hawks podcasts because they are not very compelling and didn't listen to any of this one.  I just saw Jason Walker's tweet.  I think Brad does a decent job for a fan podcast, and it sounds like he does have actual access to talk to the players directly.  I do think Brad has what many on this forum would consider to be "insider" knowledge, but does not ever plan to break that news in order to be able to stay closer to the team.  It's a lot more tolerable than SOME of the content on this forum.  That being said I've listened to no more than 8-10 of Brad's podcasts total.  

What other coverage do we have?  Why must it be "breaking news" style or an actual expert to be worth consuming?  The general NBA coverage hardly ever focuses on the Hawks for more than 2-3 minutes at a time.  Popular networks talking heads are no different in substance of their content, fluff.  Mostly I'd rather listen to an actual Hawks fan talk about the Hawks than BSPN shows.  

I'd say get off your high horse.  Brad does pretty well for what he is.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Pascal of late has not been all that. Sorry. Waaaaay overrated. Not interested in anything close to the asking prices discussed here. We wouldn't be getting the championship ring version of Pascal.

Selling the farm for a second tier star is probably not the way to go. We should try to find underrated veterans like Ferry did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Selling the farm for a second tier star is probably not the way to go. We should try to find underrated veterans like Ferry did. 

I agree 2nd tier star overpaying is not the way to go.  But Ferry's way was building a low-ceiling team.  Maybe take his plan of finding underrated guys but dudes with higher potential? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I agree 2nd tier star overpaying is not the way to go.  But Ferry's way was building a low-ceiling team.  Maybe take his plan of finding underrated guys but dudes with higher potential? 

This was the Colonel's plan. Young guys with high potential. Boom or bust mentality. We boomed in 2021 and haven't been able to again. It's still my favorite plan, will always be exciting to watch 

• Like 1