• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I like Saikam, he’s a really good player, but I don’t think he’s that much of an upgrade to Collins for his price tag. And I don’t think he’s a good enough shooter to be any better if we end up keeping Capela. 

He's a better ball handler and distributer than JC but when you consider JC had a historically bad 3pt shooting season at 29% and Siakam shot 32%, I agree that pairing him with Capela and paying $43 mil is problematic.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that Siakam is better than Collins at certain things and Collins is better than Siakam at certain things.

Siakam is a better one on one scorer by far compared to Collins. Siakam can actually beat a 4 or 5 off the dribble and finish aggressively or with a nice jumper. He’s also a better all around defender over Collins.

I will give Collins the benefit of the doubt when it comes to shooting. Shooting wise id say collins is much better at being a spot up shooter and also collins is superb at screening and rolling to the rim, he definitely has the advantage over Siakam in terms of that. But defensively Colin’s is just solid not really a lock in kind of guy.

Siakam brings you another scorer who can take advantage of smaller matchups or traditional 4s and 5s while giving you good to excellent defense individually especially if there’s a rim protecting 5 behind him.

57 minutes ago, warcore said:

I do not want to trade up for Lively. It's possible he lands to us at #15 (I'd be happy with that). Let the chips fall. If he's not there, there's plenty of other good players. 

I am not in love with the idea but I get it. A long lengthy rim running center with 3pt shooting capabilities is rare right now. Lively has through the roof potential if he can translate his shooting in the nba right away but the one thing that doesn’t get talked enough about with him is his good passing ability for a center and the ongoing willingness to always make the smart play. That’s what I really like about him! I can’t tell you how much it drives me nuts when capela won’t simply pass out once he gets trapped or grabs a offensive board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's a better ball handler and distributer than JC but when you consider JC had a historically bad 3pt shooting season at 29% and Siakam shot 32%, I agree that pairing him with Capela and paying $43 mil is problematic.

Would it be possible to trade for Siakam and then trade for Porzingis in another separate deal ? 

I don’t know the offer or potential offer for Siakam but it may require Collins or Capela plus #15 pick. I wouldn’t trade both to Raptors for just Siakam unless we can get OG too and scrap the separate KP trade idea.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Would it be possible to trade for Siakam and then trade for Porzingis in another separate deal ? 

I don’t know the offer or potential offer for Siakam but it may require Collins or Capela plus #15 pick. I wouldn’t trade both to Raptors for just Siakam unless we can get OG too and scrap the separate KP trade idea.

Siakam is making $37.8 million next season. Collins $25, Capela $20.

If the raps are moving Siakam, they are rebuilding which means they're looking for young players and picks, so not necessarily Capela.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Siakam is making $37.8 million next season. Collins $25, Capela $20.

If the raps are moving Siakam, they are rebuilding which means they're looking for young players and picks, so not necessarily Capela.

I thought ujiri wasn’t really about rebuilding. If that’s the case we could always send a one of first from next season to make the deal work 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I thought ujiri wasn’t really about rebuilding. If that’s the case we could always send a one of first from next season to make the deal work 

They hired a rookie coach known for rebuilding but who knows. Read that Masai is very difficult to deal with.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Go

:laugh1: There are 2 ways this “GO” can be interpreted… :unsure: I’m kidding KB.. I’m starting to like the doctor 👨‍⚕️ a bit. Truth be told I wasn’t a fan of yours last year, you came in tudey but to your credit you turnt it.

• Haha 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

They hired a rookie coach known for rebuilding but who knows. Read that Masai is very difficult to deal with.

Yeah well I think if we could get a Siakam and KP front court even if we trade all our front court starters to do it then it’s worth it to attach picks to it as well.

Trae-Murray-Bey-Siakam-KP

Thats a good change of scenery.

• Like 2