The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

9 hours ago, KB21 said:

IMO, if the Hawks do make a move for Pascal, it’s because they want a big three of Pascal, Trae, and DeJounte.  Can they get it done without giving up DeJounte?

I would have some questions about fit, but if there is a coach that can figure it out, it’s Quin.  

That was my initial thoughts as well but one of our insiders kind of gave it away that Murray is wanted from Toronto so now I’m just confused on what the actual deal could be. Why would we want pascal without adding him to Trae and Murray is beyond me.

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Not getting quality value IF they move Clint will be a huge mistake.

agreed and such a big mistake it will be. It’s really going to make us wonder where the mindset is going forward.

if we don’t get any valuable talent back in any trade …I’m instantly going to think the Trae Young era is over in Atlanta. Which would be stupid to include.

Ok as of this second… and a bit before with the Rap guys, I want:

Siakam

OG

Zion

Thats it, big name wise. If we stand Pat I’m happy too Quin gets a whole season. We are going to be a perennial 50 win team from here on out. Quin be runnin that Bud no nonsense system that works for wins, specially in the regular season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:
Breaking things up and selling them off for parts has never been seriously entertained in private conversations I’ve had. Publicly the stance hasn’t been all that different. The Raptors don’t see themselves as all that inferior — if at all — to the Miami Heat, who have made the NBA Finals two of the last four seasons. The ‘lowly’ Knicks made the second round this year, and the Sixers, Bucks — and even the Celtics — have proven themselves beatable in the right circumstances.

Why step back if you believe yourself not all that far behind?

Kawhi winning them that ring has Masai delusional.

“What I’m hearing now is they’re not going to trade from their core,” said one league source.

Said another: “It wouldn’t surprise me if they run it back. There is a lot of holding and waiting going on.”

Masai is like Danny Ainge. Don’t trade with them if you plan on having a future.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Draft and trade talks - Lottery order chatter

Atlanta

I can't say the same for JC who might be here for another season. Atlanta sees JC as highly valuable and doesn't see him as a salary dump. I keep saying this but no one tends to listen. Atlanta doesn't mind paying the LT for 2023-24 and isn't looking for salary-cap deals.

Basically this tells me that your source believes Hawks FO is only willing to part with JC if they can get back a big time player or borderline big time player.

when you stated “I keep saying this but no one tends to listen”….that sounds like the possibility of the hawks trading Collins is very slim based on their decision and not because teams aren’t giving them offers.

I get it but then I don’t get it from hawks perspective. If that’s how they feel then there’s some belief internally that collins hasn’t been used right to this point and perhaps not developed correctly to this point 

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Basically this tells me that your source believes Hawks FO is only willing to part with JC if they can get back a big time player or borderline big time player.

when you stated “I keep saying this but no one tends to listen”….that sounds like the possibility of the hawks trading Collins is very slim based on their decision and not because teams aren’t giving them offers.

I get it but then I don’t get it from hawks perspective. If that’s how they feel then there’s some belief internally that collins hasn’t been used right to this point and perhaps not developed correctly to this point 

I wouldn't say big time player but they want some value. 

Similar to what they want for Capela

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't say big time player but they want some value. 

Similar to what they want for Capela

Gotcha.

well clearly his value isn’t any where near capelas right now. This past season was collins worse season of his career so it’s a little unrealistic for the FO to think he can give us a similar return as capela but hey I understand. The FO holds Colin’s to top 10 or 12 PF standards seem like.

• Like 1

Capela has a lot of suitors. 

JC has 5 suitors. 

I was told Atlanta is fine paying the LT this year. 

I don't believe we will see a major trade for Atlanta unless Murray is in it and there is nothing out there that's major that I see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nah…. “I” been saying JC shouldn’t wouldn’t be traded for scraps.

This board been trying to ship him off for years for a fancy draft pick at every turn lol

I don't agree with that draft pick thing.  I think most Hawk's fans have been frustrated for 3 years watching him do less, be less and produce less due to a combination of bad coaching and the injury.  Fans also see that he was/is potentially the better trade chip that could improve the team via player and/or picks depending on a deal.  JC is valued more than you think.  For the right deal.....yeah...he or anyone not named Trae..eh.  Moved.

51 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nah…. “I” been saying JC shouldn’t wouldn’t be traded for scraps.

This board been trying to ship him off for years for a fancy draft pick at every turn lol

I personally have always wanted value back for JC but in terms of the board I think most are JC lovers oppose to squawkers like myself who thinks he’s the least important player in our core and should be moved.

no hate on JC …he’s a ok player but he don’t move the needle and Trae deserves more credit for his 20pt season than what Collins does.

I’ve always said this from a situational standpoint not style….Collins is just like David west when he was with CP3 in New Orleans . West had his best scoring seasons with cp3. Paul gave west the ball consistently at his sweet spots. Almost immediately when West was no longer with a high profile gifted playmaker his impact scoring wise sank. TO ME…Collins is no different he needs some kind of high profile passer and offense that puts him in scoring positions at his sweet spots.

nothing is wrong with this by the way but my point is that collins offense is overvalued insanely by our fellow hawks fans.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Capela has a lot of suitors. 

JC has 5 suitors. 

I was told Atlanta is fine paying the LT this year. 

I don't believe we will see a major trade for Atlanta unless Murray is in it and there is nothing out there that's major that I see. 

No true roster improvement is how much of a possibility? 

are any of capela deals you heard of good? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
As far as Deandre Ayton, Monty didn’t want him either. He wanted them to trade him to Indiana for Myles Turner. He didn’t like coaching Ayton. When Ayton signed his maximum contract when the Suns matched his offer sheet, Monty wasn’t even there and didn’t show up when Ayton signed it at the arena or call him to say congratulations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

No true roster improvement is how much of a possibility? 

are any of capela deals you heard of good? 

Very good. So good, I think he will be moved unless they are looking for a bigger package. 

It's hard to say. The only clear upgrade I've heard is Gobert was offered for JC but Atlanta doesn't have a way the money would work which is what's hurting all Gobert potential deals. 

I haven't heard Atlanta name mentioned for LaVine or DeRozan. 

Atlanta called about Beal but was quickly told no. 

Brown was that guy, the one who wanted to be in Atlanta but Boston hated what Atlanta had to offer and felt keeping Brown and overpaying him was way better than trading him. 

I don't see major move but I see some good ones. 

I personally think Atlanta would take an expiring for JC but I haven't seen much honestly. I think what teams will do is different than what Atlanta wants. 

Indiana is the team I think may pull the trigger on JC or Houston. That said, it's all about Ime but there is a great chance they could miss on almost all of their targets. So Indy and Houston. Maybe Dallas or MIN. Maybe JC Brooklyn is the wildcard. They are the one I believe could do something sooner than later. They really like JCs game.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
As far as Deandre Ayton, Monty didn’t want him either. He wanted them to trade him to Indiana for Myles Turner. He didn’t like coaching Ayton. When Ayton signed his maximum contract when the Suns matched his offer sheet, Monty wasn’t even there and didn’t show up when Ayton signed it at the arena or call him to say congratulations.

They tried too, Indy declined. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, you know what they say.  If you have ta ask ......

🤓

FWIW, Wretch is an OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD tag for me.  Like 1994, before I could even buy alcohol.  I haven't been the Evil One wreaking havoc in The Globe chat rooms in many cycles of the moon. LOL

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Indiana is the team I think may pull the trigger on JC or Houston.

Obviously in a Capela deal, OO just steps in as the starting 5.

It’s not as simple with JC unless they’re planning to promote from within there as well with JJ? Not sure he’s ready for that.  

Any sense for what the plan would be for the starting PF slot if JC gets traded?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Obviously in a Capela deal, OO just steps in as the starting 5.

It’s not as simple with JC unless they’re planning to promote from within there as well with JJ? Not sure he’s ready for that.  

Any sense for what the plan would be for the starting PF slot if JC gets traded?

I get the idea that they are open to trading both. 

Nope. No clue. I get the idea that OO is seen as a swing for either 4 or 5. But it's clear they are open to moving both Clint and John. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I’m not shocked. I knew this months ago. Ayton has been playing for a coach who never liked him since he entered the nba…smh that’s ridiculous. I still believe he has tons of unseen potential.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Very good. So good, I think he will be moved unless they are looking for a bigger package. 

It's hard to say. The only clear upgrade I've heard is Gobert was offered for JC but Atlanta doesn't have a way the money would work which is what's hurting all Gobert potential deals. 

I haven't heard Atlanta name mentioned for LaVine or DeRozan. 

Atlanta called about Beal but was quickly told no. 

Brown was that guy, the one who wanted to be in Atlanta but Boston hated what Atlanta had to offer and felt keeping Brown and overpaying him was way better than trading him. 

I don't see major move but I see some good ones. 

I personally think Atlanta would take an expiring for JC but I haven't seen much honestly. I think what teams will do is different than what Atlanta wants. 

Indiana is the team I think may pull the trigger on JC or Houston. That said, it's all about Ime but there is a great chance they could miss on almost all of their targets. So Indy and Houston. Maybe Dallas or MIN. Maybe JC Brooklyn is the wildcard. They are the one I believe could do something sooner than later. They really like JCs game.

They tried too, Indy declined. 

Well that’s great that there’s a potential deal for Capela that’s “very good”…I understand it doesn’t mean it will go down but glad to hear that it’s a good one at least to your standards! Lol

i can live with that until you guys are able to give us some more inside details.

• Like 1