• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

Just now, Sothron said:

The team *wants* to start OO next season at center. 

It’s time.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Trae is going nowhere.

Preach!

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Bey, OO, Jalen and AJ away from us. If we upgrade the frontcourt which is the plan then at least one of them would be moved.

That kind of stinks because I like them all. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s time.

Preach!

That kind of stinks because I like them all. 

I do too. The only Hawk I wish we could move tbh is Hunter. He just happens to have a skill set we have no one on the roster that can replace. It is infuriating.

• Like 2

• The Hawks are “known to be interested” in Duke big man Dereck Lively and have spoken to Dallas about trades involving the No. 10 pick, according to Stein. While Stein doesn’t go into detail about how the possibility of Atlanta landing Lively would affect the team’s current big men, such as center Clint Capela, that frontcourt would be getting awfully crowded.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:
  • The Hawks are “known to be interested” in Duke big man Dereck Lively and have spoken to Dallas about trades involving the No. 10 pick, according to Stein. While Stein doesn’t go into detail about how the possibility of Atlanta landing Lively would affect the team’s current big men, such as center Clint Capela, that frontcourt would be getting awfully crowded.

That would be a good issue to have but the only way I see Lively making any kind of instant impact is if his 3pt shooting instantly transitions over to real nba games.

I think the other gifts he has displayed with defense and passing ability has a high chance of showing impact instantly …not lock down of course but perhaps good enough to get some quality minutes right from the start.

but again if his shooting transitions over to actual nba games immediately…he’s a lock to start for the hawks because that opens the floor up for Trae, DJ, Collins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I do too. The only Hawk I wish we could move tbh is Hunter. He just happens to have a skill set we have no one on the roster that can replace. It is infuriating.

Have there been good offers for Hunter?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Who all went to the first? My invitation must have been lost in the mail. 

I remember going to one during the Atlanta Spirit days.  It was a lot of fun!  Not sure how many of us there were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Sothron. @NBASupes  @thecampster

Any rumors to share about this?

@thecampster did mention that some of the mid season trade rumors would come back around and there is a reason for that.  

I know Ayton is polarizing and expensive.  If he got engaged with the offense regularly, I could see him becoming a force.  Also, he could play in a tandem with Okongwu and allow Okongwu to still get minutes at the 5 with Ayton on the bench. 

I understand why people are down on Ayton, but very few guys bring his size and skill to the table.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

0 interest in Ayton.  Way too expensive for what he brings.  Dude gives no effort out there… a waste of talent and he does not try at all on D.  It would be a step backwards for us.  I also think his laziness and poor attitude will also effect the locker room 

He's always been overrated, even as a draft prospect.  He always gets a pass because he is 7 foot and athletic.  He was never as good as Jaren Jackson Jr from that draft, as a prospect nor as a NBA player.  

We have fans that can't get over the fact that you don't have to be 7 foot to play center in the NBA.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

0 interest in Ayton.  Way too expensive for what he brings.  Dude gives no effort out there… a waste of talent and he does not try at all on D.  It would be a step backwards for us.  I also think his laziness and poor attitude will also effect the locker room 

He's like Vic Beasley. All the talent and none of the work ethic. Does he even want to play?