• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

We need to make an inquiry here. This dude flat out balls. @benhillboy prolly loves his stats I think.

Grizzlies to trade Tyus Jones?

i_bf_b9_b8_tyus-jones.png?w=190

The Grizzlies are exploring trade opportunities to help Tyus Jones land a full-time starting position elsewhere,league sources told Yahoo Sports, while Memphis has prioritized upgrading the team’s wing depth. Small forward Dillon Brooks is expected to sign elsewhere in free agency, where Houston continues to be the destination most often mentioned for Brooks by league personnel.

via Yahoo! Sports
  • Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

:er:.

This seems like the Blazers attempt to tell Dame we 'tried' trading #3....target an unavailable guy!

Miami is so darn cocky they think they take Miller or Scoot at 3 and pair him with Butler that they won’t miss a beat with Spo.

Maaaaannn.. cocky.

Jazz and Pacers talking..

The Utah Jazz are reportedly considering multiple trade possibilities involving their three first-round picks in Thursday's 2023 NBA draft.

According to Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports, the Jazz have spoken with the Detroit Pistons about trading them the Nos. 9 and 16 overall picks to move up to No. 5 and with the Indiana Pacers about moving up to No. 7.

It is reportedly believed that the Jazz covet Arkansas guard Anthony Black and are looking to move ahead of the Washington Wizards at No. 8 to get him.

ESPN's Jonathan Givony confirmed that there has been talk of the Jazz packaging the Nos. 9 and 16 overall picks to move up in the first round to the No. 5 through No. 7 range.

19 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

Damn you and your teasers, Camp!!  Now I'm gonna be wearing out the refresh button on this page all day!

Welcome to the club!  Seems that, this close to the draft, everyone wants to know what's going on all the time!!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s the only Hawk player I can’t get a read on as far as his ceiling. What is he? 15/8 guy? Is he a 20ppg guy in 3 years?

I don't really see him as a high ppg guy, but more of a stat sheet stuffer, kinda like what Josh Smith was for us.  Maybe in the 12-15 ppg realm, but gets plenty of rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A name to keep your eyes on is Cam Whitmore for the Hawks. I am not a big fan of his but he does have upside. He has some supporters within the fanbase. 

Whimore  is being mocked as high as #4 and usually not below #5.  How would we get him?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A name to keep your eyes on is Cam Whitmore for the Hawks. I am not a big fan of his but he does have upside. He has some supporters within the fanbase. 

I would love to trade in Dre for Whitmore! That dude has the tools Hunter has, but he also has the fire inside. He's going in the #4 to #7 range so we'd have to make a major move up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I might be able to post something tonight. Something I've sat on since Nate left. Might hit media in a day or two.

I can see something like JC to Brooklyn for DFS and Royce Oneal(Quin's guy) going down..

Am I close? lol

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I can see something like JC to Brooklyn for DFS and Royce Oneal(Quin's guy) going down..

Am I close? lol

They like DFS. O'Neale is someone the Hawks been looking at. Ultimately, Brooklyn isn't moving anyone till they know what happens with Dame. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, warcore said:

I would love to trade in Dre for Whitmore! That dude has the tools Hunter has, but he also has the fire inside. He's going in the #4 to #7 range so we'd have to make a major move up.

I wouldn't. You would just create a hole you can't fill for someone who you think could have the upside. A Modern Smitty for Rider trade. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Teams are also trying to pry Bey, OO, Jalen and AJ away from us. If we upgrade the frontcourt which is the plan then at least one of them would be moved.

For the record, the only way I would trade AJ is in a blockbuster package for a young-ish, legit, All-Star/All NBA talent.  Of course, every fan base overvalues their own players...so I get that.  For me though, it just boils down to I'm willing to gamble on his development as a premier shooter.  Like...I can live with him being just a productive player and losing out on a decent "win now" move.  I can't live with making that same win now move, but AJ turning into something special.

As far as dealing the other young guys, or even AJ for that matter....  As much as I love all of our young talent, we have to give to get. At some point, we will have to move on from the sacred cow mentality.  Potential has an expiration date and I don't want to be looking back on these young guys the way we look back on the 2004-2008 talent we harvested in the draft and WLOC'd it to death.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Blazers targeting Bam 💥!!! Wtf!!! For the 3rd pick! Crap 💩 reminds me of when they got Wade at 5! @kg01 stop this!!!!

This report is lies, squd!

On a similar note, I'm targeting Moriah Mills for the squawk get-together.

See anyone can just say things during silly season. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1