• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Don't be shocked if Atlanta ends up with one or two more 1st rounders. Capela talk is really heating up. 

If we're trading Capela, I sure hope we're getting Lively in the draft.  He would help fill the hole at center and would be a lot cheaper, being on a rookie contract.  Right now this is just a dream!

:smug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Don't be shocked if Atlanta ends up with one or two more 1st rounders. Capela talk is really heating up. 

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not expecting a JC trade till FA happens and people miss on key targets.

Capela nets you one first rounder, but where is the other coming from if it’s not JC?

Trade back?

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Suns are open to trading Ayton for players with matching salary - no picks. (Can't find the tweet now).

Just wait for a follow up tweet saying STTE of “Suns open trading Ayton with additional picks just to get him the hell out of phoenix.”

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hunter and all our players sans Trae are being talked about in trade scenarios. My Hawks sources and my Twolf source agree this is one of the most frenetic offseasons they have ever seen. Teams are legit talking trades with practically every other team in the league.

For Atlanta: Capela is almost 100% gone. Hunter has received offers but as @NBASupes has pointed out we don't have a big wing on the roster that can replicate what he does and the offers back to us don't give us that skill set. You simply can't win in today's game without a big wing that can guard. If you are 30 or older remember when low post centers were a mandatory thing? Yeah that's what Hunter brings. Mandatory skill set.

We want to trade up for either Lively or Anthony Black.  Team feels confident if they can move up they can get at least one of those guys. Capela being moved to get Lively is the by far most likely scenario. Why? Lively has a more modern center skill set....and it would be a rookie deal replacing Clint's big deal.

Y'know, I was gonna say...  I know it's silly season, but things do seem MUCH sillier than usual.  I usually take the rumors with a grain of salt, but my instincts are telling me that there's definitely going to be some things materializing.  There are a lot of teams that looking at their season, it seems logical that they would want to make significant moves.

• Like 3

Fans need to think a little better when talking about trading Hunter.  No, he hasn't become what it was thought he would become yet.  Yes, he has a big deal that kicks in this coming season.  He's also been in the same situation as Kevin Huerter was in.  Go see what Kevin did this season when he was in a real NBA offense.  Career highs in TS%, PER, VORP, BPM, WAR...etc. 

He's still the best defensive wing we have and has the position flexibility to play the four from time to time.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Hunter and all our players sans Trae are being talked about in trade scenarios. My Hawks sources and my Twolf source agree this is one of the most frenetic offseasons they have ever seen. Teams are legit talking trades with practically every other team in the league.

For Atlanta: Capela is almost 100% gone. Hunter has received offers but as @NBASupes has pointed out we don't have a big wing on the roster that can replicate what he does and the offers back to us don't give us that skill set. You simply can't win in today's game without a big wing that can guard. If you are 30 or older remember when low post centers were a mandatory thing? Yeah that's what Hunter brings. Mandatory skill set.

We want to trade up for either Lively or Anthony Black.  Team feels confident if they can move up they can get at least one of those guys. Capela being moved to get Lively is the by far most likely scenario. Why? Lively has a more modern center skill set....and it would be a rookie deal replacing Clint's big deal.

Any interest in trading up for Bilal Coulibaly?

If you have ever loaded the car and started on a trip with a small human, they are sure to ask:

"ARE WE THERE YET?"

Squawk posters feel the same way now.  Smoke rising all over the place.  Haven't spotted any fire.  Not yet.  But, trust me, we are all on the lookout.  Capela, that great rebounding center who stuffs that lob, sounds like a fire starter.  If he leaves, we are sure to miss his 50% free throw shooting.

So many Hawk players being considered on the trade market and the draft now on the countdown - - How many hours?  Are we there yet??

:smug:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

ESPN dropped him to 9th in their latest mock.  Said he has had some iffy workouts.

that makes sense with what I read today about his inconsistent workouts with his shooting and intensity being the issue.