• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta has been in talks with Brooklyn for a deal centered around O'Neale and Harris for JC

Harris $19.9 mil, O'Neale $9.5 mil ($2.5 mil guaranteed, fully guaranteed 07/10) = $29.4 million....JC $25.3 million. So that's a +$4.1 million to the cap.  Both expiring contracts.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Today has solved a lot. Teams who really have good deals are getting close, extremely close. It will be interesting to see what Atlanta does. They want another 1st and will likely get it for Capela and a solid player. 

Doesn't seem like any other players on the Hawks will be traded at this time. JC market just isn't big right now with Brooklyn unwilling to do a deal with Dame status unknown. Other teams are interested but I am not sure anything will happen soon sadly. 

Atlanta has been in talks with Brooklyn for a deal centered around O'Neale and Harris for JC but so much depends on Dame. O'Neale could be going to Portland if Dame is traded. JC is the almost guy right now. 

So I was close with my trade for DFS and ONeal.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Is Billy Knight in charge again and we’re just going to have wings?

I don’t see the point of adding O’Neale and Harris to wing depth of Hunter-Bogi-Bey-Griffin.

Without JC, we’re looking at Jalen as the lone depth at the 4.

Unless they’re planning on trading Hunter later……

They are both expiring contracts and most likely moved later for 2nds to recoup those we gave up in the Bey trade. So in essence JC for 2nds. 🤢

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They want another 1st and will likely get it for Capela and a solid player. 

Clarification please: do you mean Hawks are getting a solid player and an 1st for Clint?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They are both expiring contracts and most likely moved later for 2nds to recoup those we gave up in the Bey trade.

If Royce O’Neale and Joe Harris is all we can get for JC, it’s the Huerter trade 2.0 for me minus the FRP.

Simply a cost saving move that doesn’t make us better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

If Royce O’Neale and Joe Harris is all we can get for JC, it’s the Huerter trade 2.0 for me minus the FRP.

That’s such a Quinn move. I wouldn’t be excited about this either. 

For the record I never said trade JC for scraps. SMH …not directed at you @ShooterSays

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I would think ATL would get at least one of their two firsts in this draft back in that deal.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I would think ATL would get at least one of their two firsts in this draft back in that deal.  

They have the 21st and 22nd pick so probably would be included but is that really a good deal ??? 😂 

5 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I disagree. JC contract is a hindrance whereas Kevin contract was an asset. This is actually a decent return for JC. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No. They can't and O'Neale can get a 1st from Indy but Brooklyn doesn't want anymore late 1sts than they have. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

They have the 21st and 22nd pick so probably would be included but is that really a good deal ??? 😂 

How far can you move up from #15 plus #21? Orlando at #11?

Just spit balling.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Today has solved a lot. Teams who really have good deals are getting close, extremely close. It will be interesting to see what Atlanta does. They want another 1st and will likely get it for Capela and a solid player. 

Doesn't seem like any other players on the Hawks will be traded at this time. JC market just isn't big right now with Brooklyn unwilling to do a deal with Dame status unknown. Other teams are interested but I am not sure anything will happen soon sadly. 

Atlanta has been in talks with Brooklyn for a deal centered around O'Neale and Harris for JC but so much depends on Dame. O'Neale could be going to Portland if Dame is traded. JC is the almost guy right now. 

Hawks fans waiting on a JC trade..

download.jpg.6d059c20c9cbf373915c50142e980a0e.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How far can you move up from #15 plus #21? Orlando at #11?

Just spit balling.

I had similar thoughts since the rumor is that we want lively but this trade is worse than the mavs trade rumor  in my opinion. I do think it’s possible to move up to 10 or 11 however if we had 15 & 21 or 22.

5 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I wouldn’t consider Royce O’Neale and Joe Harris a decent return for even Bruno much less John Collins.

The only good thing about the return is expired contracts and honestly that’s not really all that great considering the overall team salary. This trade would be an absolute waste and hell I’m one of the posters trying to trade JC.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Is Billy Knight in charge again and we’re just going to have wings?

I don’t see the point of adding O’Neale and Harris to wing depth of Hunter-Bogi-Bey-Griffin.

Without JC, we’re looking at Jalen as the lone depth at the 4.

Unless they’re planning on trading Hunter later……

We gotta go big or little in the draft. Lively or Wallace. Can’t go wing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. JC contract is a hindrance whereas Kevin contract was an asset. This is actually a decent return for JC. 

That’s a straight salary dump.  Atlanta would be trading a good player for nothing in that deal.  

• Like 1