• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think De'Andre is a very good on the ball defender who has focused so much on being a point of attack guy that he doesn't do well when it comes to help defense.  I think the help defense aspect is what is keeping him from being an elite defender right now.  With that said, De'Andre being in the line up allows you to shift the defensive responsibilities at other positions.  I think AJ is a player you can pair with De'Andre when his help defense improves, but he will never be the on the ball guy that De'Andre is.  

What I would like to see is a very strong defensive four added to the mix.  I really love OO's defensive potential at center.  I think he can be elite despite his size.  That's why I'm so high on Jarace Walker.  I think he's a four that can be a strong defender as well as space the floor with his shooting.

EDIT: I also think you will see a far more efficient offensive version of Hunter now that he's in a real offense.  

I've compared Walker to Ron Artest. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I've compared Walker to Ron Artest. 

I've comped him to Paul Millsap, the Atlanta version.  He's not that level of a rebounder, but his offensive skill set and defense are similar.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I've comped him to Paul Millsap, the Atlanta version.  He's not that level of a rebounder, but his offensive skill set and defense are similar.  

Sap couldn't really guard big wings, Walker can. He can really move his feet.

I could see some offensive similarities but rebounding was such a big part of Sap game. Even here, he was fighting for boards. Walker at times is defending on perimeter. 

I don't see as much offensive upside in Walker as Sap had but defensively, I think Walker can be way better. 

1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

That’s strange. That implies someone somewhere wants AJ to get more minutes at the 3 given the 2 spot is pretty much locked up between Murray and Bogi. 🙃

Round 2? I’ll holla at Supes and get him in here..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Don't let supes see this...

He might have another fit if somebody else suggests AJ being Hunter's time replacement.

That's from yesterday from the BR which also has Atlanta trading 15 to get rid of JC contract. Bleacher Report is not a friend of the Hawks and never has been. 

• Premium Member

Capela to Houston for KJ Martin, Garuba and #20?

KJ Martin available?

In talks with teams, the Rockets have maintained their stance that they aren’t looking to trade anyone from their core — including top-five picks in Jalen Green and Jabari Smith Jr. and lottery picks Alperen Şengün and Tari Eason. Elsewhere, there has been interest in 22-year-old forward KJ Martin, sources say, with his combination of age and upside still intriguing to rival NBA teams and deemed attainable internally for the right price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Capela to Houston for KJ Martin, Garuba and #20?

KJ Martin available?

In talks with teams, the Rockets have maintained their stance that they aren’t looking to trade anyone from their core — including top-five picks in Jalen Green and Jabari Smith Jr. and lottery picks Alperen Şengün and Tari Eason. Elsewhere, there has been interest in 22-year-old forward KJ Martin, sources say, with his combination of age and upside still intriguing to rival NBA teams and deemed attainable internally for the right price.

He was supposed to be gone last off-season, and I spent a few posts engineering proposals to get him to ATL.

Really would seem to hinge on their free agency ambitions. But fwiw, that situation raises my Spidey senses to remember the Kendrick Williams situation in OKC... low cost, solid upside guys that the GM doesn't have to feel all that motivated to move.

But also fwiw. If we're going to make a trade, knowing none of the particulars, please let it be with HOU. They are the one team in a position to make us a fair deal on its face that, in turn, would predict we get to be serious participants in gaining a primo MLE free agent.

Iow, if tax is the considerable motivator it has been, and so we really are going to move a big, I'm not sure there could be a better deal than what @JayBirdHawk has come up with here.

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's from yesterday from the BR which also has Atlanta trading 15 to get rid of JC contract. Bleacher Report is not a friend of the Hawks and never has been. 

Wasserman... specifically Wasserman... at BR has a good mock draft history. So, but... while I respect his ability to guess who goes when to whom, it's less clear that he has a good sense of anything beyond that.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He was still really bad. Especially when he had to guard 1s and 3s when Bogi came back into the lineup. He did look much better defending 2s especially when it wasn't a stud 2 but that was limited till Bogi came back.

It was worse than Bey. Seriously! Do you honestly think he can be a better defender than Bey, answer that?

This is a very unfair assessment of one of the youngest players in the entire nba. AJ is like the third youngest player across the nba and rookies are bad defensively regardless who it is… 

now onto the actual film, he does not project to be an all nba level defender at all and guarding quicker guys on the perimeter will certainly not be his strong suit but at duke he used his big frame really well down low and he knows how to use his size. His team defensive should be pretty solid. I also think people forget to acknowledge he had a very horrible injury and his burst is slowly coming back. Look at how athletic he was in hs to where he is now. If he gets back to that level he will be an average to above average defender. And yes he will be by far better than bey on that end 

• Like 1