• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Grab Bol Bol while we’re at it! Team Africa. If that doesn’t convince Giannis to come over in a few years nothing will! :laugh1:

I thought Giannis was Greek. We might have better luck signing Stavros Halkias and stocking the kitchen with more feta cheese and Greek yogurt. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Summary:

* More going on there than Fisch knows right now regarding a Siakam trade. Heard there were talks as recent as yesterday.
* Impasse in initial talks, someone with Hawks told Fisch he thought it was because of "violation" stuff on Toronto's side.
-- not sure what this violation stuff he's referring to
* ATL is a legitimate landing spot for Siakam
* A lot of talk of DJM being available. Everyone is available outside of Trae.
* Definitely shopping JC
* Lot of teams interested in Capela but lower on Hawks trade tier list than JC and Hunter
* Hunter's name is coming up a lot in trades.
* Hawks have a lot of stuff up their sleeves they're trying to take out when they are on the clock at 15.

By the way, the host is Will Lou? :er: Funny, we just congratulated Lou Will! :smile:

2 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I thought Giannis was Greek. We might have better luck signing Stavros Halkias and stocking the kitchen with more feta cheese and Greek yogurt. 

@kg01 loves Mediterranean slop 🥘 he uses it for his gains right after his vigorous 🏋🏾‍♂️’s

#fetagreekcheeseyogurtwhynotunlessyoulactoseasamug 😐 

Just now, Mikey said:

So much smoke about siakam to Atlanta. Jake Fischer said there’s a lot more going on with Atlanta then he knew…

I’ll believe it when I see it, most likely centered on Capela going to Toronto since they want him. Masai is notorious for overrating his players. I think they probably want Capela Hunter and 2 FRP but Atlanta says only 2nds.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So much smoke about siakam to Atlanta. Jake Fischer said there’s a lot more going on with Atlanta then he knew…

I have concerns that the Siakam trade involves DJM.

If Toronto loses FVV, then DJM makes sense for them.
It also does not make much sense for us to go into next offseason with both DJM and Siakam hitting FA'gncy.

Trading all those picks for DJM and then turning him into Siakam is not good. This is why I bring up OG. If my hunch is right, it's the only way Landry saves face on this one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Summary:

* More going on there than Fisch knows right now regarding a Siakam trade. Heard there were talks as recent as yesterday.
* Impasse in initial talks, someone with Hawks told Fisch he thought it was because of "violation" stuff on Toronto's side.
-- not sure what this violation stuff he's referring to
* ATL is a legitimate landing spot for Siakam
* A lot of talk of DJM being available. Everyone is available outside of Trae.
* Definitely shopping JC
* Lot of teams interested in Capela but lower on Hawks trade tier list than JC and Hunter
* Hunter's name is coming up a lot in trades.
* Hawks have a lot of stuff up their sleeves they're trying to take out when they are on the clock at 15.

I’ll even throw in #46 this year.

Trae

DM

OG

Siakam

OO

Bench:

Bogi

JJ

AJ

#15 pick 2023

Koloko (apparently :er:)

Get it! Do it! Pull the trigger let’s gooooo!

IMG_8435.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I have concerns that the Siakam trade involves DJM.

If Toronto loses FVV, then DJM makes sense for them.
It also does not make much sense for us to go into next offseason with both DJM and Siakam hitting FA'gncy.

Trading all those picks for DJM and then turning him into Siakam is not good. This is why I bring up OG. If my hunch is right, it's the only way Landry saves face on this one.

That's what's been getting me but the issue is, FVV chatter is he doesn't want to go back to Toronto is what's being said behind the scenes and the main talk is that they want Barnes at the 4 and OG at the 3. Where does that leave Siakam is Luka is resigning and playing the 5.

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I’ll believe it when I see it, most likely centered on Capela going to Toronto since they want him. Masai is notorious for overrating his players. I think they probably want Capela Hunter and 2 FRP but Atlanta says only 2nds.

Now that I think about it, Toronto needs to include a pick to us.

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I think this would be more likely, but I honestly have no clue at this point. 

image.thumb.png.6af96beff4d566c88d9b5ee37d0cb979.png

I think it’s Capela Hunter for Siakam and a pick. Murray and OG probably not in it. Then that allows them to flip OG to replace FVV

Edited by theheroatl

11 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I think this would be more likely, but I honestly have no clue at this point. 

image.thumb.png.6af96beff4d566c88d9b5ee37d0cb979.png

Their not trading OG. They asked Indy for 7 and an unprotected future 1st plus a pick swap and Indy laughed their asses off the phone. Siakam is legit available in my eyes but it was always going to take Murray to stir the pot. Personally, I like JC and Murray for Siakam and filler. I've always wanted Bogi to start again and Griffin to be his predecessor. It's always been simple to me. 

As for Hunter, I don't mind trading him, just find an upgrade. If you can't, don't. OG is a clear upgrade. 

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Now that I think about it, Toronto needs to include a pick to us.

I think it’s Capela Hunter for Siakam and a pick. Murray and OG probably not in it. Then that allows them to flip OG to replace FVV

That's a f***ing overpay. That's a bigger rape than Sacramento and Kevin

Edit: misread. This still creates a hole at the 3. How do we fill it? 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

HS thinks I mind Hunter getting traded, I don't. Just get a big wing thats an upgrade. Do that, trade him.

PG for Capela and Hunter plus picks. I am all for it but trading him for prospects just sets us back and getting big wings is damn near next to impossible in this league. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

Their not trading OG. They asked Indy for 7 and an unprotected future 1st plus a pick swap and Indy laughed their asses off the phone. Siakam is legit available in my eyes but it was always going to take Murray to stir the pot. Personally, I like JC and Murray for Siakam and filler. I've always wanted Bogi to start again and Griffin to be his predecessor. It's always been simple to me. 

As for Hunter, I don't mind trading him, just find an upgrade. If you can't, don't. OG is a clear upgrade. 

It's more like:

OUT:

* 2023 first-round pick (via Charlotte from New York, protected)
* 2025 first-round pick
* 2026 pick swap
* 2027 first-round pick
* John Collins

IN:

* Siakam
* Filler

That's bad. That's like really really really bad lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

It's more like:

OUT:

* 2023 first-round pick (via Charlotte from New York, protected)
* 2025 first-round pick
* 2026 pick swap
* 2027 first-round pick
* John Collins

IN:

* Siakam
* Filler

That's bad. That's like really really really bad lol

The issue is, they want a star for Siakam. JC ain't that. It's gonna be Murray or no deal.

Edited by NBASupes