• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

Just now, sturt said:

What do you think it would take to get Charlotte interested?

I don't really know.  This is why I believe that they should ask, "What would it take?"  It might be an outrageous offer but then, who knows, it just might be a great offer.  You never know if you don't ask.

As an individual, if you wanted to go on a date with someone very special and you never ask, guess how long it will be before you get that date?  Same here.  Just ask!  

:bb:

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I don't really know.

I get that. I'm just wondering how much you'd think would be a reasonable offer that would get the job done?

I mean... you also don't really know if they have or have not asked, of course. None of us do or will.

But it's our job around here to speculate, right? 😄

Me, I don't think he's on the market, so to even get the conversation started, I'd figure the offer would have to be pretty crazy by most standards... a back-half 1st and a top-half 2nd rd pick, and that's just assuming you could make a straight-up trade... which we can't, being over the cap.

So then, CHO would either have to be willing to accept two of our minimum salaried players (since MW is a $3.7m guy)... or if you send them ADay and his $6.2m contract, you'd probably have to give them some icing on that cake, in exchange for taking on the additional salary, right?

Just now, Sothron said:

It has been somewhat quiet on my end in terms of sources because they said the Kyrie situation had teams waiting for it to resolve.

Which it has now.

I share what I can when I can FWIW. 

Both of my Hawks sources feel the "big trades" are not going to happen if they happen until the offseason when a new coach is hired and teams have more cap room to make trades possible.

Is moving JC and Bogi considered a "big trade"?

14 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

It may work out for Dallas next year, but I need to see how Kyrie and Luka work out their fit on the court and compete deep in the playoffs this year.

Yeah Instead of re-signing Jalen Brunson,  they end up trading Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith and an unprotected first-round pick to Brooklyn for Kyrie.

Im Not sure if its a good move for them or not.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Yeah Instead of re-signing Jalen Brunson,  they end up trading Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith and an unprotected first-round pick to Brooklyn for Kyrie.

I don't really fault them for Jalen Brunson, dude was leaving for the Knicks no matter what. 

But this trade isn't it. Luka is a lot like Trae, they don't really need another superstar next to them. They need specialized role players to do their roles and maximize the star's talent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yes. Moving J Holliday or fringe players for a Thybault from Philly is not a big trade. 

We have offers to teams like the big trade with Phoenix. PHX has cooled on it but they still want to try and make a trade happen. Basically teams are trying to get our talent without giving up much in return. Our FO are not going to do that. 

But we're just a middling team with them..

Might as well get off the salaries and let the younguns play..(JJ/AJ)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I don't really fault them for Jalen Brunson, dude was leaving for the Knicks no matter what. 

But this trade isn't it. Luka is a lot like Trae, they don't really need another superstar next to them. They need specialized role players to do their roles and maximize the star's talent. 

Pretty sure I saw where Brunson camp said the Mavs couldve inked him to a four-year deal 12 months ago..... 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

But we're just a middling team with them..

Might as well get off the salaries and let the younguns play..(JJ/AJ)

They are not going to give up this season  in order to move salaries off the books. The goal is to make the playoffs this season which is why any real rumor you've heard attached to the Hawks has actual talent coming back. If we just move JC or Bogi for just cap relief and picks it would probably knock us out of the playoffs this year.

The offseason after we hire a new coach and the FO has a more unified direction with a coach and the blessing from Tony to pay the LT going forwards (that is the goal Nick Ressler is trying to achieve) it makes big trades more logical for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Kyrie is the perfect superstar for Luka. 

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah but are they are willing to give Kyrie the four year max deal that he wants??

I would be hesitant to do that.

Would be nice for them if someone came along and gave them useful pieces for Bertans and THJ, because they dont have much depth..

Hopefully it doesnt happen. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In what way???  They are going to have the same issues we have with DJ/Trae running the offense with the exception both of those guys are poor defenders.  And they gave up one of their only decent defenders in DFS in the trade.  Idk man, feels pretty bad to me, considering Kyrie walking in 4 months is a high likelihood and you just shed an unprotected first for him.

This trade screams to me that the FO is trying to appease an unhappy Luka so they can avoid him being the next superstar to make a trade request.

• Like 1