• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

Thanks for the response, Sothron.  As others have said (including yourself), I don't see how Bey is considered a positive on the defensive end, and looks to be a rather mediocre three-point shooter.  But I guess if I squint real hard, I can see the rationale for being more expensive due to being a "big-ish wing".  Still feels like an overpay, though.

I don’t think it is an over pay. But why trade for him. I think he was part of a lager deal that was moving Bogi but that fell through and we are just stuck with half the deal. SMH. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I gotta say. Pretty disappointing action for us. At minimum, we needed length and veteran leadership. We got younger and smaller.  I do like Saddiq, but how does he fit?  

There's the buyout market

Will Barton, Danny Green, Thad Young?

NBA Trade Deadline: The 15 best potential buyout candidates (usatoday.com)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I gotta say. Pretty disappointing action for us. At minimum, we needed length and veteran leadership. We got younger and smaller.  I do like Saddiq, but how does he fit?  

Maybe most importantly, we created some room beneath the LT. I haven't done the math yet, but I suspect we're probably able to be legitimate players for a buyout, and me, I'd especially like to see that be a legit PF.
From Hoops Rumors:

As Chris Haynes of Bleacher Report (video link) observes, it could be a robust buyout market this month.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

@Sothron he's not gonna start for us. That said he's a high quality backup. 

@Sothron he's not gonna start for us. That said he's a high quality backup. 

I didn't say he was going to start for us. I said he's not a quality starter. He is a good rotation player though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Our roster is better than it was yesterday. We did that without giving up much in talent and also without giving up any first rounders. 

This. If we aren't successful with a big swing trade - you keep your talent and 1st rounders and improve your bench.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, sturt said:

Maybe most importantly, we created some room beneath the LT. I haven't done the math yet, but I suspect we're probably able to be legitimate players for a buyout, and me, I'd especially like to see that be a legit PF.
From Hoops Rumors:

Dedmond, come on down. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

Dedmond, come on down. 

Legit thought.

Just now, REHawksFan said:

Aren't we at 15 roster spots?  Don't think we can sign anyone can we?

Right. Just have to release Tyrese or Vit in that case.