• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saddiq Bey to Atlanta, Finally - Now Gone from Atlanta!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

I never reported Spud ever. Blocked him, yes. Reported him, never. I got myself in trouble and rightfully so how I handled Spud. 

Kg01 is blocked for a reason. The minute I unblock him to see if he's saying something relevant, it takes a veil shot at me. Dude is obsessed and I am not going to get banned for cursing him out so I just did what the mods asked me to do and thats report him. 

I would rather him be direct. At least we can debate and have a conversation. This is just a thin veil comment that's just a low blow at best. I can't respond to that without going too far and I won't so he's getting reported. 

(Appreciate the explanation.)

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

The NBA could allow an exception to salvage the deal but generally speaking either GSW accepts the trade or the whole thing is off. The Houston trade was not a part of this but clearly Bey was the biggest piece we got at the deadline.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sturt said:

If I'm GSW, at the least, someone should be fined, but I'm not so sure that someone isn't GPII... and of course, the players union will have none of that.

Payton has zero chance at being fined. He didn't do anything wrong. This is on Portland 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, sturt said:

If I'm GSW, at the least, someone should be fined, but I'm not so sure that someone isn't GPII... and of course, the players union will have none of that.

Portland should lose a 2nd rounder. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Payton has zero chance at being fined.

True. I'm not suggesting what will happen. I'm suggesting what possibly should.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't do anything wrong.

The theory goes that he wanted out of Portland so bad, he was willing to soft peddle his pain in hopes he could be traded elsewhere.

That, at least, is what Portland FO wants everyone to think tonight, though they're not going to say that explicitly.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is on Portland 

Probably. Hard to defend your actions if you didn't make the other team aware that your docs had been feeding the player pain killers.

When Gary Paton 11 failed his physical, it has thrown everything out of alignment.  Heard this on the Piston's game last night.  Now the Hawks have Saddiq Bey but do they really?  How long will they allow all this to remain in limbo?  Happy that it's not me that has to straighten out this mess.

:ahf:

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, swanlee said:

NBA rewards them for not being dicks.

Huh? Reward them? 4 fake rings ain’t enough? Nah, no reward take it or leave it. Warriors are mad bummy. Blazers are just dumb.

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

and gets an additional 2nd from PTL later.

F that. F the warriors.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My guess (my hope), GSW accepts the deal, then files a grievance with the NBA for non-disclosure and gets an additional 2nd from PTL later.

I agree with this because of The Lux Tax and GPII.   First..that's an enormous amount to pay for one trade.   Second, GPII can help them and they can spend time getting him healed enough for a playoff run.   And third, yes PTL needs to be fined.. I agree with the 2nd.