• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Saddiq Bey to Atlanta, Finally - Now Gone from Atlanta!

JayBirdHawk

I think we would've brought him back if not for the ACL injury. Probably doesn't make sense from a team building perspective to have Saddiq Bey on our team making a significant salary to rehab from his injury.

Hopefully he finds a new situation to stick in. Best of luck to him.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I think we would've brought him back if not for the ACL injury. Probably doesn't make sense from a team building perspective to have Saddiq Bey on our team making a significant salary to rehab from his injury.

Hopefully he finds a new situation to stick in. Best of luck to him.

Rumor was he declined a similar deal to the one we offered OO, 4yr/$62 mil as an early extension, looking for a Hunter type deal 4/$90 mil.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do you know if Hawks offered him like a vet min 'rehab' deal or any kind of deal and he declined. Preferring instead to test FAcy?

If they had a deal like that, they would have just resign him. Or announced they would resign him

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If they had a deal like that, they would have just resign him. Or announced they would resign him

I think yesterday was the last day to negotiate with your own FAs. His QO was $8 mil. Now they can release that money and there is a possibility they can resign him for less.

I liked Bey but can understand the parting of ways.  Obviously he’s going to the Knicks for the Nova reunion.

Hate to lose his 120 offensive rating and third best on/off from last season and energy.  One of the best offensive rebounding wings bar none.  If he does play with Hart they’re gonna have to fight each other for offensive boards/ loose balls lol.  

When he’s going through his three point droughts tho he kills you with the defense.  I suspect/ hope he finds his stroke again he was cash money from the corner when he first arrived.  Hawks should’ve tweaked his release a bit to give his shot a little more arc.  Would’ve made his misses softer and carom higher, therefore easier to rebound as well.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Very sad for Bey.  I’m not sure if we could have afforded him heathy or not but I hate for him that he suffered this injury now and it may cost him $20M+.  He was hoping this would be his breakout contract.  Hope he recovers quickly and fully.

• Like 2