• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Saddiq Bey to Atlanta, Finally - Now Gone from Atlanta!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

How does this impact our team salary?

better question do we still have have beys contract hold on the books ?

No impact. We did not extend a QO so he was an UFA.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This was expected. There's no room for him especially with Vit staying on the team. 

I never liked Bey. His defense was beyond horrible. He does play hard. I give him that. I just wish his hard effort payed off better on defense. Glad he's not our problem now.

Waste of 5 second round picks.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well.  Thought five 2nds was a pretty big overpay at the time, although I was about to happily eat crow once he started raining 3's with great efficiency immediately after the trade.  Unfortunately, he came back down to earth last season.  I do appreciate the hustle, especially on the offensive boards, but I think that's his only above-average skill.  I am very thankful we didn't get stuck with him on a long term deal at $20M+ per.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well.  Thought five 2nds was a pretty big overpay at the time, although I was about to happily eat crow once he started raining 3's with great efficiency immediately after the trade.  Unfortunately, he came back down to earth last season.  I do appreciate the hustle, especially on the offensive boards, but I think that's his only above-average skill.  I am very thankful we didn't get stuck with him on a long term deal at $20M+ per.

He eventually grew on me. But I was really disappointed when we traded 5 2nds for him to begin with. Seemed obvious we weren't a championship roster and he wasn't changing that. 

• Moderators

Wish Bey well and feel bad for him that he is signing for $20M over 3 years when he would have gotten a lot more than that if he hadn't suffered his season ending injury.  I kind of mentally assumed he was a salary dump victim this offseason so I would have been a little shocked if we had brought him back so this is just kind of confirmation around that for me.  Hopefully the future brings good things for him (not the Wizards in general but him specifically) and we upgrade with Risacher stepping in the door next season.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'll always pull for him. The guy plays as hard as anyone we've had recently. 

I like him as a player more than a Hunter. But his defensive lapses made him a terrible fit on a team with Trae. If he was stronger defensively I would have wanted us to secure him long term and jettison Hunter.

While I don’t think Washington is the best environment for his career growth, I firmly believe one day he will be a big time role player for a Finals contender.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Saddiq missed soo many wide open corner 3s. When he wasn't missing, he was stepping out of bounds. :blanky:

Last season was such an outlier on corner threes for him.  He ranged from .383 to .424 every season before.  Unfortunately I don’t see anyone on that Wizards roster who’s gonna space the floor nor flex the passing vision for him to revert to his normal efficiency.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Last season was such an outlier on corner threes for him.  He ranged from .383 to .424 every season before.  Unfortunately I don’t see anyone on that Wizards roster who’s gonna space the floor nor flex the passing vision for him to revert to his normal efficiency.

I agree it was an extreme outlier for him and it clearly wasn't about who else was on the floor with him last year.  I would think the bigger variable is how he does individually - whether he gets his form and rhythm back.  He never had amazing passing vision next to him in Detroit or anything.