Saddiq Bey to Atlanta, Finally!!!

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 minute ago, GameTime said:

A much better shooting Jabari Parker is a really good player.

Parker was a more efficient scorer with us than Bey has been this season.  Parker is also better for their careers to date.  (Parker .554% TS% / Bey .546% TS%) so definitely not "much better shooting" overall.  Better 3pt shooter but not overall.

Hopefully Bey will see a sharp uptick in his %s by taking safer, lower difficulty shots here given that we have more weapons than Detroit and he shouldn't need to play as big a role in the offense or do as much self-creation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, theheroatl said:

The logical fit is to shift Dre and Bogi minutes over to Bey. I doubt it affects other positions like Trae and JC.

Nah, he takes min from Bogi(health reasons),  AJ(who has kinda hit that rookie wall), and JJ(who Nate doesnt trust anyway).. Dre gonna get his min if he's healthy.. Saddiq defense is nowhere close to Dre..

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Parker was a more efficient scorer with us than Bey has been this season.  Parker is also better for their careers to date.  (Parker .554% TS% / Bey .546% TS%) so definitely not "much better shooting" overall.  Better 3pt shooter but not overall.

Hopefully Bey will see a sharp uptick in his %s by taking safer, lower difficulty shots here given that we have more weapons than Detroit and he shouldn't need to play as big a role in the offense or do as much self-creation.

Fair. Should of said jump shooter or floor spacer. Jabari was pretty efficient at getting the rim and scoring (though looks like Bey is improving at getting to the line lately)

25 minutes ago, terrell said:

I said "with" Dre... 

Bey goes for 20 plus at PF and JC falls even deeper into Hawks' fan purgatory. lol

Hes starting

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Woohooo!!! I’m all for this

I called it.. lol

Just now, Spud2nique said:

He was listed in 2K as a 4 which was surprising as I thought he was a 3, but he’s strong enough for a 4…

Like Hunter :batman:

I wouldn’t mind him being our starting 4 from now on if he can body on post players like Millsap did. The spacing like JC surely can help. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I wouldn’t mind him being our starting 4 from now on if he can body on post players like Millsap did. The spacing like JC surely can help. 

He’s not nearly strong enough to be a full time 4. He seems to be better running at the 3 than the 4. 

I guess depending on matchup he’s big enough to guard small 4s, but that’s it. JC has nothing to worry about. 

but I am high on the addition nonetheless. Can’t wait to see him play tonight. 

• 2 weeks later...