• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 1 (3 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

If I was a mod he would be gone. :smile: Along with others…

Maybe I spoke too quickly...  @terrell I apologize.   I just hate to see guys become fans for the other team but calling themselves fans of Hawks. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, FrankWhite said:

Hunter on track for a historic 0 points 0 rebounds 0 assists 0 steals 0 blocks in 30 minutes performance.

If Hunter was an aggressive offensive player, that would be one way to draw fouls on Tatum.

But because he's not, our small PG has to take all of the hits going to the basket and out on the perimeter.

As for everything else, you can't expect anything from him.

So it is what it is.

Just need to find some way to get Trae and our shooters on track.  And find something offensively that we can exploit.

We're about to see how good of a coach Quin is, from a strategy standpoint.

• Premium Member

No offense, No defense!

Screenshot_20230415_164441_Hawks + State Farm Arena.jpg

6 bench points. Nothing from Bogi and OO.

Trae 4 assists/4 turnovers - did not like his approach to the game.

Hunter with a goose egg.

We ate being outscored, out rebounded, out assisted, out-everything.

• Sad 5

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

We played like crap down 30, it can only get better. It’s game 1 mind you, a game where the #2 seed Celts are EXPECTED to win. 

Possession by possession.

This is a slap in the mouth so far.  We will see what we are made of starting with the second half. 

• Like 2

Just now, Diesel said:

This is a slap in the mouth so far.  We will see what we are made of starting with the second half. 

Even so I’d rather lose by 20 than 1. Maybe it’ll get the Celts cocky and they take us lightly for the rest of the series.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

Trae took us from the Game.

We could not hit a 3.

Just Murray and Collins came to play. Is hilarious there are guys still trying to trade Collins. He knows how to compete.

At least Bey and Jalen show some hustle. 

I have liked what I saw in Bey.  He's a hound for the ball and he puts forth effort.   Clint has hit the hook shot  a few times too.  I would love to see Bogi get going...  I also want to see Jalen hit some shots.   Their defense is able to sit down because we haven't  hit anything from outside. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We played like crap down 30, it can only get better. It’s game 1 mind you, a game where the #2 seed Celts are EXPECTED to win. 

Possession by possession.

We should only be down by 15 or so, if we made the shots we normally make.  Being down 30 means that the entire game plan has collapsed.

That's why I said at the end of the 1st quarter, that we were lucky that we were only down by 10.  I think the Celtics were 2 - 8 shooting from 3 in the 1st quarter.  Now they're 9 - 16 from 3, which means that they went 7 - 8 in the 2nd quarter.

2nd quarter shooting:

image.png.69276a1538affdf4f10edb03def6f76e.png

That's how you give up 45 points in a quarter, and get outscored by 20.

• Like 3