• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Interesting take from an outside opinion

Peoriabird

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I stopped watching when he said Hawks got dominated from start to finish in game 1.  Obviously didn't watch.  Or look at the box score for the second half. 

Agree.  If he said we never really threatened from start to finish, I wouldn’t have a problem with that.  They basically ran out to a huge lead and then kept us at least at arm’s length in the second half.  Definitely did not “dominate” us after halftime.

• Premium Member

Basically, he's saying there are not many avenues to take other than trading Trae to make this team materially better.  That's the sentiment I got anyways.  I don't really agree, but it wasn't that scorching hot of a take.  The guy isn't wrong about our current roster construction but you don't need to be a genius to see that.

• Like 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Basically, he's saying there are not many avenues to take other than trading Trae to make this team materially better.  That's the sentiment I got anyways.  I don't really agree, but it wasn't that scorching hot of a take.  The guy isn't wrong about our current roster construction but you don't need to be a genius to see that.

Everyone has a take on Trae and it's usually negative.  It's weird to me.  And the idea that we can't make this team around Trae a lot better is crazy because we have a great cache of tradeable players that are desirable at mostly good salaries.   

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I stopped watching when he said Hawks got dominated from start to finish in game 1.  Obviously didn't watch.  Or look at the box score for the second half. 

uhm huh?  They did get dominated from start to finish.   they were down 30 at half time.  That was the finish of the game.  Anything that happened in extended garbage time while Boston was thinking about dinner plans doesn't mean a damn thing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, shakes said:

uhm huh?  They did get dominated from start to finish.   they were down 30 at half time.  That was the finish of the game.  Anything that happened in extended garbage time while Boston was thinking about dinner plans doesn't mean a damn thing.

If that was the end, why did Tatum play 40 minutes...  Just tired of your BS..... You're in the same boat as that guy.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, shakes said:

If the commentator meant to say that he would have just said the game was over at halftime.  Finish means the end of the fourth quarter.  This isn't that complicated.  There are games where teams are soundly whipped in both the first and the second halves.  In this game, we got crushed in the first half.  Even if you want to qualify the second half as meaningless or garbage time, we absolutely didn't get dominated in the second half.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, shakes said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15076479

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15076479

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

If the commentator meant to say that he would have just said the game was over at halftime.  Finish means the end of the fourth quarter.  This isn't that complicated.  There are games where teams are soundly whipped in both the first and the second halves.  In this game, we got crushed in the first half.  Even if you want to qualify the second half as meaningless or garbage time, we absolutely didn't get dominated in the second half.

36 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If that was the end, why did Tatum play 40 minutes...  Just tired of your BS..... You're in the same boat as that guy.

love you guys taking a victory lap cause these bums managed to cut into a 30 point lead when the other team let off the gas and still lose by double digits.   Do we count this as a Hawks victory historically?    

Can't wait to see what the silver lining is after tonight's ass whupping.

8 minutes ago, shakes said:

love you guys taking a victory lap cause these bums managed to cut into a 30 point lead when the other team let off the gas and still lose by double digits.   Do we count this as a Hawks victory historically?    

Can't wait to see what the silver lining is after tonight's ass whupping.

Hawks "fans" that take more joy in rubbing a Hawks loss in the face of other Hawks fans are absolutely the worst.  I mean, you want some congratulations for being more miserable than the rest of us?  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Hawks "fans" that take more joy in rubbing a Hawks loss in the face of other Hawks fans are absolutely the worst.  I mean, you want some congratulations for being more miserable than the rest of us?  

I want credit for being the first person this season to realize this team was total garbage.   Been beating that drum since November.    Team should've tanked for Wemby when they had the chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shakes said:

I want credit for being the first person this season to realize this team was total garbage.   Been beating that drum since November.    Team should've tanked for Wemby when they had the chance.

Facts!

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He's not a Hawks fan though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
Just now, sturt said:

Of course you do. It's your style.

And it's my style to call out people like you who pose as-if omniscient.

Are we all happy now? Good.

^^GIVE ME ATTENTION NOW!

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Of course you do. It's your style.

And it's my style to call out people like you who pose as-if omniscient.

Are we all happy now? Good.

Word count: 27.  Disappointing post, sturt. 

When I read "it's my style..." I was eagerly anticipating a lengthy, context-rich, argument on how debilitating Dunning-Kruger cognitive bias can be.

• Haha 2