• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young voted most overrated player in the NBA by his peers

NBASupes

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

We been bad at shooting all season, this shouldn't be a surprise 

Who said it was a surprise?  I've been complaining about it all year and before the year started.  I was told 3pt shots didn't mean anything and we just needed to play better defense.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol... it's about 40 attempts too.  If we hit wide open threes at 40%, which is a very reasonable estimate, we'd have 27 more points over these two games.  That would make the series competitive, especially if you consider these clanked threes are often leading to transition buckets.

I'm not even asking for 40%, I'd settle even for 33%........but 17.5% 🤢...that has got to be historically bad, No.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol... it's about 40 attempts too.  If we hit wide open threes at 40%, which is a very reasonable estimate, we'd have 27 more points over these two games.  That would make the series competitive, especially if you consider these clanked threes are often leading to transition buckets.

Yep.  They are 7-40 for the series on wide open 3s.  It's almost incomprehensible.  In the regular season they shot 38.4% from 3pt when considered wide open.  That's not great by any means, but it's more than double what they are doing in the playoffs.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Yep.  They are 7-40 for the series on wide open 3s.  It's almost incomprehensible.  In the regular season they shot 38.4% from 3pt when considered wide open.  That's not great by any means, but it's more than double what they are doing in the playoffs.  

Tight sphincters.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not even asking for 40%, I'd settle even for 33%........but 17.5% 🤢...that has got to be historically bad, No.

Last 10 playoff years, including this one, only 9 teams have been below 30%.  And only 1 team below 20%, your Atlanta Hawks.  Next lowest is Utah at 24% a few years ago.  

• Sad 3

Also, Boston has had 31 wide open 3s this series.  They are shooting 48% on those.  They've hit 15 over the two games.  That's +8 or 24 points over the 2 games.  We've lost by a combined 26 points.  There's a ton of other factors that go into it, but if I'm Quin, I'm starting with guys just hitting open shots.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But there are guys on this team that routinely fail to make big 3s when it matters most.  That's been easy to see for a while. 

And that's why I've been harping on the lack of 3pt shooting since before the season started.  It's a roster construction problem.  

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Last 10 playoff years, including this one, only 9 teams have been below 30%.  And only 1 team below 20%, your Atlanta Hawks.  Next lowest is Utah at 24% a few years ago.  

c=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
On 10/25/2022 at 12:48 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll be keeping watch all season.

We can't be both low volume AND low percentages.

AJ Griffin = 67% 3P% John Collins = 38% 3P% Everyone else under 37%...including Trae at 25%.

Dre - 27%

DJ - 35%

JHol - 33%

AHol - 25%

JJ - 0% (0-3)

C'mon Kyle....help them!

On 4/7/2023 at 10:02 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

UPDATE Time with 2 games left:

Trae - 33.7% (37.7% for March and April)

DJ - 34.5% 

Hunter - 35.1%

JC - 28.8% (37.3% for March and April)

AJ - 39.4% 

OO - 30% 

Bogi - 40.4% 

JJ - 28.6% 

Bey - 40.0% (Hawks only)

55 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Struggle all season and now even worse in the playoffs! Sigh!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Who said it was a surprise?  I've been complaining about it all year and before the year started.  I was told 3pt shots didn't mean anything and we just needed to play better defense.  

Well, Nate certainly didn't care what analytics said about 3pt shooting.🤬

Trae took 610 3pts last year, 460 this year - that's a difference of 150. I was surprised by that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Struggle all season and now even worse in the playoffs! Sigh!

To be fair, it's not on low volume in the playoffs.  SMH.  It's high volume and ultra low %.  38.5 attempts per game in the playoffs.  30.5 attempts in the regular season.  Issue is 10.8 makes in the regular season and 10.5 in the playoofs.  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, Nate certainly didn't care what analytics said about 3pt shooting.🤬

Trae took 610 3pts last year, 460 this year - that's a difference of 150. I was surprised by that.

I noticed his best two years of 3p% were the years he shot the most. 

Last year we said we needed better and tougher defenders after the Miami series, and we should get rid of soft guys like Huerter and Gallo.  I like that our ownership is aggressive, but I think they are earning a reputation of being reactionary vs building from their vision of the team.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Last year we said we needed better and tougher defenders after the Miami series, and we should get rid of soft guys like Huerter and Gallo.  I like that our ownership is aggressive, but I think they are earning a reputation of being reactionary vs building from their vision of the team.  

I think there was an expectation that DJ, Dre and Justin would provide some level of resistance on the perimeter with some level of CONSISTENCY, but it has been hit or miss. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Travis brought in vets at the right time in 2020 but it didn't appear to be working until we ditched LP.  Cam gave us productive minutes too.  The top 6 guys are the same as 2 years ago with the exception of swapping DJ and Kev.  Then :

image.png

This year's 7-11 in minutes per game is rough and inexperienced.   And was really rough before Bey got here.  Really Aaron played way more games than Justin but you get the picture.   We didn't really build a solid team we just added DJ and hoped the young guys would take leaps. 

image.png

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Is this one of those ( + ) is really a ( - ) integer type things?

Who are the ( + ) defenders?

Murray 

Hunter

Collins

Capela

And that's just the starting lineup. Then we got A. Holiday and Okongwu.

6 in total. 

• Confused 1