• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Why trash players at all?  

When You play like Trash you get trashed..  lol

Wtf

I spend my time and money on these Jokers..

Some posters are as soft as some of our players it seems... Geez

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 1

Listening to Mazzula’s presser, he’s a special basketball mind no doubt.

I don’t expect anything from the starters in the way of real impact but I’m super bummed (and surprised) Bey and Jalen are being played off the floor.  Bogi shot well but it didn’t matter he was getting cooked in isolation time after time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

Don't see how we are going to beat these guys. They are just flat out better than we are. 

We make too many mental mistakes and the Cs capitalize; we go through these scoring droughts that are problematic, we can't hit WIDE open shots....clean up some of this and we'd be better for it.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Listening to Mazzula’s presser, he’s a special basketball mind no doubt.

I don’t expect anything from the starters in the way of real impact but I’m super bummed (and surprised) Bey and Jalen are being played off the floor.  Bogi shot well but it didn’t matter he was getting cooked in isolation time after time.

Yes our 'elite' bench is being exposed.   As well as our front court. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I don’t expect anything from the starters in the way of real impact but I’m super bummed (and surprised) Bey and Jalen are being played off the floor.  

First time in the playoffs, playing against vet savvy players.

• Like 4

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

We make too many mental mistakes and the Cs capitalize; we go through these scoring droughts that are problematic, we can't hit WIDE open shots....clean up some of this and we'd be better for it.

Too many below average offensive players on our team in addition to defensive issues. 

I hope we put some value on shooters, ball handlers and vets this summer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

First time in the playoffs, playing against vet savvy players.

Very true, but their energy is, or was, a tangible thing that can transcend that at times, see damn near the whole Kings roster versus a dynastic core (f&@k you Draymond). Hopefully back at the house.

Edited by benhillboy

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They are backing off Trae so much that they are giving him his 3s from right on the 3pt line now. Usually he has to take them several feet beyond the 3 pt line. The fact they are backing off him so much basically shuts down the rest of his game completely, and he’s still shooting badly so he almost becomes unplayable.

Game 3 or long term he really needs his shot back, as without it, the  rest of his game becomes nearly impossible to execute at his size without the space to work with....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Too many below average offensive players on our team in addition to defensive issues. 

We don't have reliable shooters or guys that can finish at the rim consistently unless they are perfectly set up for lobs.  This team is exactly as constructed - a midrange team that runs a ton of pick n roll.  It was a dumb construction from the jump.  

And defensively, we just don't have guys that are going to guard well enough to limit a team like boston for an entire game.  For stretches, sure. But not for an entire game.  

Combine the two and Hawks have to play perfectly to win.  Tonight they actually MADE more 3s than the celtics (1) but had to take 15 more shots to get there.  And still lost by 13.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Very true, but their energy is, or was, a tangible thing that can transcend that at times, see damn near the whole Kings roster versus a dynastic core (f&@k you Draymond). Hopefully back at the house.

Maybe they play better at home.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Please show up in ATL. The Hawks will need superstar Trae back to defend homecourt. The team needs a leader right now and he's shown he can be that when he's playing with a chip on his shoulder.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sure seems like the Miami series broke him from a shooting standpoint.  He was terrible in that series and then all year struggled with his shot.  Still have gotten back to vintage Trae shooting wise.  

I will say for stretches tonight he was aggressive which I thought benefited him well.  Whatever it is, he's lost his mojo and needs to get it back.  

giphy.gif

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1