• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do it... 4-20

Diesel

• Premium Member

Now that we can't shoot it's like everyone forgot that when we had guys who could shoot the trade off was our defense was abysmal.      This trade brings us right back to that place.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, shakes said:

Now that we can't shoot it's like everyone forgot that when we had guys who could shoot the trade off was our defense was abysmal.      This trade brings us right back to that place.

We can't shoot or defend right now either.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As much as I love Bogi, he can't really share the court with Trae -- barely with DJ, as both of them get blown by.  Adding Buddy Hield to this roster would truly make things a layup line no matter who we put on the floor.  And that's tough to imagine after watching two games of Boston marching into the paint with no resistance.  Hunter is not tradeable unless we get back a true star imo.  He's too valuable even when he's not playing to his potential

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

As much as I love Bogi, he can't really share the court with Trae -- barely with DJ, as both of them get blown by.  Adding Buddy Hield to this roster would truly make things a layup line no matter who we put on the floor.  And that's tough to imagine after watching two games of Boston marching into the paint with no resistance.  Hunter is not tradeable unless we get back a true star imo.  He's too valuable even when he's not playing to his potential

remember when we had Trae, Bogi, Huerter and Gallo?   Also Lou Will.     Ole ole ole ole ole ole ole

As I said last year, when you have Trae you really can't afford to have any other bad defenders in your starting lineup and probably the entire rotation.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well yeah but it was Ole Ole Ole ECF.   Not that i'm in favor of Hield but we are vastly under appreciating what Lou and Gallo did here.   

not last year.   Let's focus on the norm, not the outlier.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Well yeah but it was Ole Ole Ole ECF.   Not that i'm in favor of Hield but we are vastly under appreciating what Lou and Gallo did here.   

The difference is our offense made up for the deficiencies on defense...it was a very delicate balance. Lou and Gallo could provide timely buckets and their experience was invaluable vs what we have off the bench currently.

We can't go too far one way or the other....it's about Balance, toughness, grit, size and skillset.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The difference is our offense made up for the deficiencies on offense...it was a very delicate balance. Lou and Gallo could provide timely buckets and their experience was invaluable vs what we have off the bench currently.

We can't go too far one way or the other....it's about Balance, toughness, grit, size and skillset.

and when you have Trae the scales are already tipping at a pretty severe angle so you really can't add any other non defenders to the mix and expect good results.  Unless it's a fluke season where your role players take turns being all stars like we saw happen during the ECF run.

• Premium Member
Just now, shakes said:

where your role players take turns being all stars like we saw happen during the ECF run.

During most playoffs, there is always a role player that excels that helps his team in winning. may not be the same guy game to game or series to series.  Hawks needs a role player to get hot.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, shakes said:

not last year.   Let's focus on the norm, not the outlier.

2 seasons with that group.   I'd say the one with multitude of injuries, one ending Lou's career, and 28 guys on the roster during the season is more likely the outlier. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

2 seasons with that group.   I'd say the one with multitude of injuries, one ending Lou's career, and 28 guys on the roster during the season is more likely the outlier. 

counter point:  The season where the team rode the momentum of getting a new coach to the playoffs and then met two very flawed teams was in fact the outlier.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, shakes said:

counter point:  The season where the team rode the momentum of getting a new coach to the playoffs and then met two very flawed teams was in fact the outlier.

Very flawed teams?  Those same teams with largely the same players are still in the top of the east.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Very flawed teams?  Those same teams with largely the same players are still in the top of the east.  

huh?     Jalen Brunson.   James Harden.  Not having Ben Simmons.   Tyrese Maxey developing.  Grimes.

You need to put your statement back through the spin cycle.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, shakes said:

huh?     Jalen Brunson.   James Harden.  Not having Ben Simmons.   Tyrese Maxey developing.  Grimes.

You need to put your statement back through the spin cycle.

I guess i don't understand your definition of flawed.  I really like Brunson and Harden.  Teams improve but it's not like they had to tear it down to the studs and start over.  Especially Philly.  They've been a 50 win team with an mvp candidate for a while now.  I wish we were flawed like that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The difference is our offense made up for the deficiencies on offense...it was a very delicate balance. Lou and Gallo could provide timely buckets and their experience was invaluable vs what we have off the bench currently.

Perfectly Balanced Thanos GIF - Perfectly Balanced Thanos ...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Hunter is not tradeable unless we get back a true star imo.  He's too valuable even when he's not playing to his potential

You were doing well until you went here...

We are holding on to the hope of a guy and being busted in the mouth by the reality.   And Reality is whipping our collective asses and we're making statements like He's too valuable.   IN what None Supes Nonestatistic world did Hunter ever show value?

Better yet, what can we count on from him?

Buddy Heild  shot 42.5% from 3 this year and took 8.5 3s per game.  That's a bonafide gunner.  Does this dude have to shoot 50% from three before you recognize his value?