• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at Celtics -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

My bad. I didn't realize he had that many points.  Seemed like everytime I looked up he was fumbling the ball away (multi tasking).

Only 13 boards between starting frontcourt (Dre JC and CC) and we won... Wow

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

When we beat them IN the A....

Going back to Boston, the Celtics will be a shell of themselves.   They will have coach doubts... and our confidence will be on 1 Million!!!

That was absolutely a punch to the gut for the Celtics on their own court. The Farm needs to be packed and rocking for Game 6. With Trae being "back", I like the Hawks' chances.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

In 2021, I came on this board ranting ahead of the NYK series that I just didn't see the killer instinct in that squad, and I feared they were going to go down and go down hard. (Boy was I wrong. Learned my lesson.)

In 2022, I made no comment ahead of the MIA series, b/c we were just too beat up to expect any plausible good end.

In 2023, I've held back making any comment, too, but was very much persuaded that the sweep presumed by so many was self-deceit. All I was willing to say publicly, though, was that if this team takes BOS to a game 7, don't be surprised if Quin's against any major moves in the off-season... the necessary inference being, though, that that's altogether plausible.

Figure winning 2 of 6, the odds are 50/50 that the rotation remains intact.

And here we are.

Those of you who've determined some major change is needed, may I recommend that you quietly pull for the Cs in game 6.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Bogi was key too. I thought he played the best defense on Brown in the few spurts he was able to guard him.

18/6/5 on 6-9 shooting. +11 for the game

Bogi played the best D on Brown.. Not even close..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Yeah Hunter's defense on Tatum and Brown (2nd half) was excellent. Brogdon for whatever reason was able to get by him at ease. Needs to clean that up in game 6.

Whereas Trae did excellent on Brodgon 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Yeah Hunter's defense on Tatum and Brown (2nd half) was excellent. Brogdon for whatever reason was able to get by him at ease. Needs to clean that up in game 6.

It seems they went away from Brogdon late for Smart?  I would never but good job Mazzula!

• Like 1

@TheNorthCydeRises I’m such a coward, the first game had me afraid to bet a freaking +13 as talented as the Hawks are smh.  This win has got to be up there historically with a road dog in the playoffs.

Just now, Diesel said:

I have to say.. I was not mad at Greg Anthony calling the game. I thought it would be some bias calling.. but it was not. 

Yeah Greg is decent.

• Like 2