2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I did better than that gramps! The prodigal son returned to church ⛪️. I feel better now. More centered. Nicer. Holier. ❤️ 

Good news!  Proud of you!!

🥰

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

By the way, does anyone know the next date that will be a large impetus for trades?  Free agency signings maybe?  I know @thecampster had a post with all the key dates recently, but I suck at searching/finding older posts.

End of this season is June 29th...so we may see some trades between now and then.

F.A.F. (Free Agency Frenzy) begins June 30th at 6PM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

End of this season is June 29th...so we may see some trades between now and then.

F.A.F. (Free Agency Frenzy) begins June 30th at 6PM.

Something happens inside of me I swear, I know you all feel it.

image.gif.44b18fac1893e6d771bbb0288450a66c.gif

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

And people want our payroll to be one of the highest while mostly having average players.  It feels like people care more about us paying the tax than having a roster and salaries that makes sense.  

preach-christina-aguilera.gif.b59821a3e849017a78054d7d49f207b7.gif

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

By the way, does anyone know the next date that will be a large impetus for trades?  Free agency signings maybe?  I know @thecampster had a post with all the key dates recently, but I suck at searching/finding older posts.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/04/key-2023-nba-offseason-dates-deadlines.html

June 29

• Last day for decisions on player, team, and early termination options
    • Note: Certain contracts will require earlier decisions.
  • Last day for teams to make qualifying offers to players eligible for restricted free agency.

June 30

July 1

• Official start of the 2023/24 NBA league year.
  • Moratorium period begins.
  • Restricted free agents can sign an offer sheet.
  • Teams can begin signing players to rookie scale contracts, minimum salary contracts, and two-way contracts.
  • Teams can begin exercising the third- or fourth-year team options for 2024/25 on rookie scale contracts.

July 6

• Moratorium period ends (11:01 am CT)
  • Teams can begin officially signing players, extending players, and completing trades (11:01 am CT).
  • The 24-hour period for matching an RFA offer sheet signed during the moratorium begins (11:01 am CT).

July 7-17

• Las Vegas Summer League.

July 13

• Last day for teams to unilaterally withdraw qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

August 31

• Last day for teams to waive players and apply the stretch provision to their 2023/24 salaries.

September 5

• Last day for teams to issue required tenders to unsigned second-round picks; those players become free agents on September 6 if not tendered.

Late September (specific dates TBA)

• Training camps open.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

All of the stories you see in the paper right now are "temperature checks". This is normal team OSINT for fan bases.  You push articles through partner journalists to see how the fan base reacts. How the comments react, how message boards respond, private polls of season ticket holders.

I feel pretty strongly the Trae rumors last season were exactly this.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I talked with others on the board about this but before hiring Quinn, we almost blew it up and moved forward with Prunty.  This is all related to the coach flare ups over playing time, Nate's system.  Had we not hired Nate, we would have reloaded/rebuilt with Prunty (Prunty is not a name that attracts free agents though players are fond of him).  Staying would have been Trae, OO, AJ, JJ and anyone we couldn't move for prospects. 

Nobody gonna weigh in on this juicy bit of rumored gossip instead of the other drivel?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1